Magstrike Mod

pure awsomeness!!!

8 replies to this topic

#1 nate483

nate483

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hey guys i resently made a magstrike that can shoot 3 mags without pumping it again!!!! I was going to post a writeup on it but then i realised i used a i honestly did not have enough time. I might post one later but i am too busy now. Ok, here is the pic!!!!

Magstrike pic

Hope you guys like it!!
Also, does anyone have any good paintjob ideas?

Edited by nate483, 16 January 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#2 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

If you don't have enough time to have a write up, then why are you posting?
Into the fires of battle!
Onto the anvil of war!
QUOTE(BustaNinja @ Nov 23 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#3 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:17 AM

Man, that looks really nice, but as Hummer said, wait until you can really put some effort into the post before you actually make it.

#4 angelfalcon

angelfalcon

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

This looks interesting. I love the stock, I was considering slicing off the bladder there and gluing it up there as a stock. This is way better though.

You know you could have cut away the blocking ridges of plastic, so the bladder could expand more. People have gotten 3 mags outta that stock bladder.

But then, this is just too sexy to pass up.

Is the pump glued where it is in the pic, or is it loose? If it's loose, do you plan to glue it into the stock position?

As for the paintjob, I think a bright, metallic blue, drybrushed with black. Also weathering like gouges and stuff. Black and silver highlights, not drybrushed, just for detail work. That'd look sick on something with a stock as big as that, cuz there aren't that many details there.

Edited by angelfalcon, 21 January 2010 - 12:10 PM.

According to your mom, size matters. My blaster is four feet long. What about yours?

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

#5 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

He doesn't need to post a write up, because this has been done several times, before. if you can't figure out how to attach a larger PVC tank in place of the bladder, then you probably wouldn't be able to assemble it properly, either.

My question is; how many extra pumps does it take to get to the 3 clips? I remember another nerfer friend of mine did this (only without the stock) using a bike pump, and it still took about 35 pumps.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#6 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

That is actually pretty cool. Pretty big, too. Not sure how practical it would be in a war, but
I guess it's whatever floats your boat.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#7 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ignore-Sorry, computer accidentally posted two identical comments.

Edited by HOTH, 16 January 2010 - 07:20 PM.

My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#8 nate483

nate483

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Ok guys question answering time!! But first i just want to say that the main reason i didn't post a writeup is because this mod is so flexible. You can put the air tank on the side, bottom, front, back, and pretty much anywhere. Also i used extremly thick plexiglass so you have to use a chopsaw to cut it. If you don't have one you won't be able to do this mod. Ok now to the questions!!

Angelfalcon-the pump is loose because i haven't gotten around to glueing it because i am working on another mod. I will probley glue it sunday or monday

Wes7143-it takes a crapload of pumps to get it fully inflated, so much i am considering useing a bike pump.

HOTH-i made this gun so big and heavy because i am used to shooting metal airsoft guns not nerf guns. It just make it better for me.

dartmaster1101-no, the gun is very comfortable and fits my playing style (charge and shoot)

Hope that answers all of your questions for now!

Edited by nate483, 18 January 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#9 dartmaster1101

dartmaster1101

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

is it at all uncomfortable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users