Doomsayer Turret Issue

Please Help Me Out

3 replies to this topic

#1 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

Alright, I have everything done for my doomsayer except for the turret. I took out all the rotation gears and springs and stiff behind the turret. I also unscrewed all the screws on the turret. My issue is that the base of the turret will not come off of the barrels. Could this be similar to the new Nitefinders? Parts glued together? I hope not. I have pictures:

Posted Image
This is the back of the turret, where the rotating gears used to be.

Posted Image
The top of the barrels.

Posted Image
This is where the barrels and the base meet. This is where the issue is.

Posted Image

All help is greatly appreciated. If you need more information, I can gladly give it to you.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#2 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

If I recall correctly, mine was glued there, but there was so little glue that it took only a little effort flexing the base away from the barrels. Or, hold it by the barrels and tap on the black rim with a hammer. The transparent plastic is brittle, the black is more flexible.

When it does open up, be prepared for parts flying.

Thanks, quick reply. I figured it was glued, just wanted to make sure I was not being an idiot and missed a screw or something of that sort.
My YouTube

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

If Bob's idea doesn't work, try sticking the entire base of the thing in boiling water for about 10 seconds. That won't damage the plastic, but it will do away with any glue. Also, the plunger head, at least on mine that I got a few days ago, is also solvent welded on. A few smacks with a hammer got it off, but put it in boiling water first, or you just might break something you don't want to.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

If Bob's idea doesn't work, try sticking the entire base of the thing in boiling water for about 10 seconds. That won't damage the plastic, but it will do away with any glue. Also, the plunger head, at least on mine that I got a few days ago, is also solvent welded on. A few smacks with a hammer got it off, but put it in boiling water first, or you just might break something you don't want to.

Thanks, but Bob's idea worked very nicely. Finished the turret. Check Mod/ PJ thread. :)
My YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users