Selective Longshot Clip Removal Idea

Haven't done it, but it should give the capability to pull out the

12 replies to this topic

#1 ablahblah

ablahblah

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

I've always hated the idea that when you have the bolt in the forward position, the clip's sorta locked in there. Looks unrealistic if you ask me, it should be able to come out whenever. Today, I just had an idea to do that, unfortunately, I don't have the free plastic to build the part I need, but it'll be here if any of you want to try it.

First, obviously, you need to rip out the part that prevents the clip release from working when you have the bolt in the forward postion. It's this small black piece i think connected to the trigger from the clip release catch. After that, you would put the rifle back together. Get a saw or something and cut off the complete top part of your clip. Then, take out the part that pushes out the darts and cut out a small portion of it at the end facing the groove where the clip release goes into. Make a small piece of plastic that fits the groove of the clip release from the inside of the gun, and attach it to a long piece of plastic that'll jut out towards the center of the clip. Hot glue it to a pin, then hot glue the pin to the inside of the clip so that the plastic part that fits the clip release can pivot around.

Basically, when you load darts into the clip now, the small plastic part fits into the clip release and the top part of the plastic that it's connected to holds the darts in. When you put it into the rifle though, the clip release will push the plastic out, thereby pushing out the plastic part at the top of the clip and feeding in darts to the rifle. Hitting the clip release with the bolt pushed forward however, and the clip will be able to drop out, since the top part of the clip that usually locks into the rifle has been sawn off.

Idk, it's an idea.

#2 Slayer of OnE

Slayer of OnE

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Ok not too pick you apart or anything, but there is several small problems with this post.
  • this is kind of a concept thread, but is pretty comprehensive (in text), so there is more than a concept
  • However, if you were to back this up with pictures, nobody could flame you or anything
I like the level of detail in you posts, but again, PICTURES ARE KEY!

-So1

PS- you are able to take the clip out whenever you like if you just remove the clip locking mech. Simple as that. No cutting required.
It's because I choose to.

#3 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Uhmm okay here's the problem.... The "THING" that prevents you to release the clip when the bolt is forward, is the breech/barrel itself, removing that will cause your blaster to never fire darts again... GTFO MY WEBSITE! >:D hahaha jk... Prepare for a cold ass welcome from the Haven. =_=
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#4 Griff Zombie

Griff Zombie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

onyxzenith actually ive opened my longshot enough and am in the process of making it a carbine, anywho its loose enough that i can yank the clip out w/no internal damage
I'm here, I'm ''Nerfing''

#5 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

This site looks down on idea threads. If you put some drawings, mockups, or prototypes up here, you'll get a better response.

Also, you can just remove the clip-tooth [is that what it's called?] and the clip release switch to pull it out any time, although it's not a good idea to put that kind of pressure on the barrel and bolt.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#6 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

Uhmm okay here's the problem.... The "THING" that prevents you to release the clip when the bolt is forward, is the breech/barrel itself, removing that will cause your blaster to never fire darts again... GTFO MY WEBSITE! >:D hahaha jk... Prepare for a cold ass welcome from the Haven. =_=

The bolt does not prevent you from pulling the magazine out. The magazine lock does.

onyxzenith actually ive opened my longshot enough and am in the process of making it a carbine, anywho its loose enough that i can yank the clip out w/no internal damage

You need to remove the safety locks that prevents you from releasing the mag when the bolt is in the forward position.

although it's not a good idea to put that kind of pressure on the barrel and bolt.

Not really. In standard brass longshots you have to load mags in that fashion and brass is much less resistance to deforming pressures than plastic.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#7 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

The bolt does not prevent you from pulling the magazine out. The magazine lock does.

You need to remove the safety locks that prevents you from releasing the mag when the bolt is in the forward position.

although it's not a good idea to put that kind of pressure on the barrel and bolt.

Not really. In standard brass longshots you have to load mags in that fashion and brass is much less resistance to deforming pressures than plastic.

No, no. lol He stated that even when the bolt is foreward, and pulling on the clip release, that the clip is difficult to pull out :/
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

No, no. lol He stated that even when the bolt is foreward, and pulling on the clip release, that the clip is difficult to pull out :/

And he suggested cutting the wings off of the magazine, not cutting the bolt off. L2read before you allege someone else of l2read.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#9 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

I made a carbine just a few months ago haha.
SoothSayer-

#10 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:00 AM

Angel-breeched Longshots' barrels are significantly smaller in diameter than the stock barrel. While it's easy to pull out a clip from a brassed LS, it's not as safe to do so with a stock blaster.

In addition, a closed Angel breech is supported on both sides, whereas a stock breech is only supported on one side and thus the bolt-sled bears the load.

I wish mags in Angel Breeches could be swapped while the bolt is back. I can't imagine it's good for the clips.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#11 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

It's not an idea thread, it's a dead horse. (Sorry, welcome to NH, we're assholes. Deal.)

I figured everyone did this, so I didn't even bother to write it up. Piccies tomorrow, because my Nerf shit's at my office.

You can remove the magazine lock quite easily. I have a bag of them from my YALPAM LS mods. With the bolt forward, the magazine won't fall out, but you can yank it out and it doesn't damage the lips.

Incidentally, you can defeat the magazine lock on a Raider as well, but that takes filing...

You can also modify the bolt lock so it only 'nudges' the bolt forward, allowing you to work it back even after it's been primed, too.

Seriously, though. Thanks for trying to contribute to the pool of knowledge. There's a lot out there, though. My first mod was shoving a SSPB in a LongShot scope, and I didn't realize that was penny-ante stuff.
Fugly is a feature.

#12 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

About the raider lock: You can also just smash the clip in and kinda get rid of the lock. I heard a snapping sound when I did it so... ya.

Also, listen to them^^^^^^^
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#13 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

And he suggested cutting the wings off of the magazine, not cutting the bolt off. L2read before you allege someone else of l2read.

Lol well it could of been that or what I said haha xD, he wasn't specific on what "Piece of plastic" prevents the clip from not being able to be removed ^_^ lol
SoothSayer-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users