Nerf Facebook Group

"Nerfs Guns are for more than Kids"

5 replies to this topic

#1 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

New group, just starting out. Come join us at http://www.facebook....id=213452578820!
Fugly is a feature.

#2 Slayer of OnE

Slayer of OnE

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

As interesting as this is, this really isn't a practical application for the Nerf Community. and while I respect this group's purpose for *fun*, I can't see any possible way this can expand the nerf audience or it's community.
It's because I choose to.

#3 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

As interesting as this is, this really isn't a practical application for the Nerf Community. and while I respect this group's purpose for *fun*, I can't see any possible way this can expand the nerf audience or it's community.

Agreed. Really, we have nerfhaven as a social networking site. Trying to tack on a facebook group is like trying to... well... have two virus scans? That doesn't really fit, make up your own analogy.

There's kinda this idea that nerfhaven is not accessible to the general public. To anyone who thinks that, I highly suggest googling "nerf mods", we're the first result. Aside from that, I think I speak for a lot of members when I say that we genuinely do not care if we expand to millions of people (in fact, most would probably dislike it).
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#4 Slayer of OnE

Slayer of OnE

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

I dunno, perhaps it's akin to buying a 70 inch Flat screen, and then attempting to add a bit more by buying a 15 inch TV from the 1970's. It doesn't make anything better.

To build off of foamfoot's words, if nerf were to escalate into a multinational hobby, it would get diluted, and would gain even more members who try to bash the touchy mil-sim aspect into our hobby.

-so1
It's because I choose to.

#5 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

I disagree guys. I believe this Facebook group is for people to share an idea, not to expand a community. Hence the reason this is in the off-topic section.

-Lotus

#6 Mod Man

Mod Man

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hey all, It seems that some of you are behind the curve a bit. Nerf is international and expanding all the time. Facebook is just another tool in facilitating that movement. Everyone has there own feelings on how this will effect there own nerf scene. Trying to crimp others from the fun of nerf tells more about your attitude than it does about expansion of our great hobby, sport and for me lifestyle. With the fun and accessibility of nerf I think the genie is already out of the bottle. I sell everywhere from Miramar to Portugal, not to mention the Aussie nerf scene is booming. I don't see why the fun of nerf should not be enjoyed by all. Please post and air your own feelings on this. Nerf is for the masses........lol.
later, Mod

PS Once I have the time I will check out the nerf facebook gig, thanks for posting.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users