I Have A Question About losers.

Please don't be angry, I'm new here.

32 replies to this topic

#1 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

If this is the wrong place to ask then could a mod please move it.

From What I've seen on this furum, losers appear to be genrally looked down appon in nerf. I just wanted to know why. Please don't be angry; I was just confused.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#2 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

From wikipedia:

A snipеr is a highly trained marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions

You're not going to be concealed from anyone at >50 feet away with a bright yellow toy gun in your hands.

Also, added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

Edited by Keith, 06 January 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#3 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

With stronger guns, constant moving after every shot, and painted camo guns, I don't understand why they would be looked down apon.

And can you explain why that was added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole, I don't mind, I just don't see the humer there.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

With stronger guns, constant moving after every shot, and painted camo guns, I don't understand why they would be looked down apon.

And can you explain why that was added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole, I don't mind, I just don't see the humer there.

Partially because we erotically massage camo/realistic paint jobs due to safety. Also, don't be a pussy, get out on the field like the rest of us. :)
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Partially because we erotically massage camo/realistic paint jobs due to safety. Also, don't be a pussy, get out on the field like the rest of us. :)

Okay, Now I get it, thank you! So if I'm right, it has more to do with not being able to hit them back because of ranges on different guns?

#6 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

If this is the wrong place to ask then could a mod please move it.

From What I've seen on this furum, losers appear to be genrally looked down appon in nerf. I just wanted to know why. Please don't be angry; I was just confused.

Lol you gotta admit, not one nerf gun can break 1000+ft or even more, If you can pull that off, then maybe "losers" *cough*LL>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERzah!*UNCOUGH* will be an allowed term. And because a toy is name LONG SHOT and shoots 30+ feet stock doesn't it is a long range concealed fire arm... it is a toy that is design to LOOK like a said "long range concealed fire arm."

Really what's up with you kids and your schloosers? I mean they're great and all but see we're playing with plastic, and air, and foam, and paint. If you ask me it doesn't sound like a material requisition sheet to build or homebrew a schloozer :)
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#7 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Just because you have a stronger gun doesn't remove the fact that there is no way that a nerf gun is going to be accurate enough to be hitting targets at long distances. The fact of the matter is, we're firing foam projectiles at relatively slow velocities from toy guns. From any significant distance, the target could see the shot coming and dodge it. Plus it's just silly. What fun is hiding in a bush when you can get out and run around like a little school girl?
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#8 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

I smell a flame war starting, so I want to clarify, I don't eat shit, but alot of my friends use titans converted to shot 160 feet plus, and I wanted to know for there sake and out of curiosity.

#9 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

I smell a flame war starting, so I want to clarify, I don't eat shit, but alot of my friends use titans converted to shot 160 feet plus, and I wanted to know for there sake and out of curiosity.

Singled titans are banned at most wars for a reason; they are too dangerous. I got shot in the forehead from 80+ft away by a PAS and that made me dizzy, I can`t imagine if that would have been a titan.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#10 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Go back and look at your post and the title of the thread.

In the games that are organized on this forum (at least that I've attended) no one is hiding in bushes pretending people don't know that they're there.

Have you actually had a war with your friends where you "ate $hit"? How does it go? "Ok, you guys pretend to be in your base camp and you don't see me, and I'll pretend I'm a few hundred yards away on top of a ruined building. I'm Oscar Mike, remember, no Russian".

That would be more like LARP.

#11 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

Liking the MW2 reference, but that doesn't make sense, the way your talking about losers, Oscar Mike (on the move) would be counter productive, and no. Though I do understand what your saying about the titans, we usually shoot cans from 120 feet or so, and my god, I just realized how much that would hurt. Point taken.

EDIT: oh, lol I just noticed the word filter affects the title too.

Edited by jaybo1996, 06 January 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#12 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Simply put, you are not going to be shooting moving targets from 100' away with homemade foam darts and a toy gun. This is even when forgetting that you have no scope or any real reliable sight that will help you aim dead on every time.

Its not that its just extremely erotic, its very difficult to do. It would be better to spend that effort creating a primary and a good backup to just go out there, run around and have some fun. .

Singled titans = bad. Try modding one to fire multiple darts at once.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#13 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

And what fun is a war when you sit, camping for a target and when you see one, your probably gonna try to shoot them down with your longshot or your titan or your 4B, until then you realize that your dart went 100 ft and your target was 500 ft away :) and then again, how will you make nerfing a healthy way to stay active knowing that your camping per say, on a 5 hour game, with 5-10 potential targets and not 1 shot down :P to you that'd be a waste of time, money, and there would be no positive outcome, sure you could sell your blaster, if it were any at all that define decency, but then you'd be stuck with the cash rather than having fun, so you'd repeat the process but then to the extent of where you become TOO inactive to participate in a war. This isn't a video game, it is a live action nerf war taking place. So a few words of advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT SHIT!

Results may vary... :P
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

#14 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

I got shot in the forehead from 80+ft away by a PAS and that made me dizzy, I can`t imagine if that would have been a titan.

And you also got nailed in the forehead from 10ft away by a BBBB, and you didn't even dodge... Whammy

Edited by k9turrent, 06 January 2010 - 10:54 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

I got shot in the forehead from 80+ft away by a PAS and that made me dizzy, I can`t imagine if that would have been a titan.

And you also got nailed in the forehead from 10ft away by a BBBB, and you didn't even dodge... Whammy

Holy shit! Rokor is still alive?
Get your ass to a war already.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#16 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

And what fun is a war when you sit, camping for a target and when you see one, your probably gonna try to shoot them down with your longshot or your titan or your 4B, until then you realize that your dart went 100 ft and your target was 500 ft away :P and then again, how will you make nerfing a healthy way to stay active knowing that your camping per say, on a 5 hour game, with 5-10 potential targets and not 1 shot down :P to you that'd be a waste of time, money, and there would be no positive outcome, sure you could sell your blaster, if it were any at all that define decency, but then you'd be stuck with the cash rather than having fun, so you'd repeat the process but then to the extent of where you become TOO inactive to participate in a war. This isn't a video game, it is a live action nerf war taking place. So a few words of advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHNIPE!

You are a very close second to LSW in that it is incredibly difficult after deciphering your posts to not want to kill yourself.

Yada yada nerf guns aren't marksman rifles yada yada

#17 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

And what fun is a war when you sit, camping for a target and when you see one, your probably gonna try to shoot them down with your longshot or your titan or your 4B, until then you realize that your dart went 100 ft and your target was 500 ft away :P and then again, how will you make nerfing a healthy way to stay active knowing that your camping per say, on a 5 hour game, with 5-10 potential targets and not 1 shot down :P to you that'd be a waste of time, money, and there would be no positive outcome, sure you could sell your blaster, if it were any at all that define decency, but then you'd be stuck with the cash rather than having fun, so you'd repeat the process but then to the extent of where you become TOO inactive to participate in a war. This isn't a video game, it is a live action nerf war taking place. So a few words of advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHNIPE!

You are a very close second to LSW in that it is incredibly difficult after deciphering your posts to not want to kill yourself.

Yada yada nerf guns aren't marksman rifles yada yada

Okay... so I like to explain in detail, what's wrong about that? :P elaborating should help, for as far as I'm concern.
SoothSayer-

#18 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Any blaster powerful enough to schnipe hurts at close-range, and Nerfers hate pain. I mean HATE, not strongly dislike or averted to. Nerfers hate pain like cats hate to be thrown in washing machines.

Edited by Zack the Mack, 07 January 2010 - 12:15 AM.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#19 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

Any blaster powerful enough to schnipe hurts at close-range, and Nerfers hate pain. I mean HATE, not strongly dislike or averted to. Nerfers hate pain like cats hate to be thrown in washing machines.

Indeed, Agreed xD
SoothSayer-

#20 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Ya know what, just shut the FUCK UP and go run outside and shoot someone. We don't need this complicated mess. Don't be a pansy and sit there all day.
To put it bluntly. No. Never. When it does happen the sun would've exploded already.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#21 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

It depends on how you play. If you can stand the fact that your gun causes high levels of pain, creates long and tedious games, all while taking out the athletic, exciting element out of Nerf, then by all means, play the snip3r. But for most of us, we like running around, dodging and making Effeminate dives with dual Nitefinders. It's all preference.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

And yet slightly less than women hate it when you stare akwardly at them.

#23 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

And yet slightly less than women hate it when you stare akwardly at them.

They may act offended but they love it. don't they? it seems to work well for the guys in pron. They always get chicks.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#24 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

It depends on how you play. If you can stand the fact that your gun causes high levels of pain, creates long and tedious games, all while taking out the athletic, exciting element out of Nerf, then by all means, play the snip3r. But for most of us, we like running around, dodging and making Effeminate dives with dual Nitefinders. It's all preference.

And having long range stand-offs are no fun.
If you can hit a can from over 100ft away congrats to you. But that situation will never exist in a real war. The person your aiming at can move, and probably will when they hear your extremely loud "loser rifle", and there is wind...
losing just doesn't work in nerf.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#25 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

And having long range stand-offs are no fun.
If you can hit a can from over 100ft away congrats to you. But that situation will never exist in a real war. The person your aiming at can move, and probably will when they hear your extremely loud "loser rifle", and there is wind...
losing just doesn't work in nerf.

Point taken, I didn't think about wind either.

P.S. I Meant like, coffe cans, not soda cans, that would be impossible.

Edited by jaybo1996, 07 January 2010 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users