Reverse At2k Turret

Getting past the spring

11 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Cut off the stock barrels and glue on a piece of CPVC (or whatver you want to use to connect this to your gun) on one of the airholes. I messed up and tried to dremel a hole for it, the other holes don't matter. You only need one seal.
Posted Image

Now clear out the plastic impressions on the back of the turret, this is where you will be connecting your barrels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't added barrels yet, but it seals just the same as a stock turret, only now you can avoid much more deadspace and it doesn't have to be permanently attached.

I remember someone doing this and attaching it to a nitefinder in the mod pj thread... I can't find it, but I remember it had a triangle design on it.
Any questions or comments?

Edited by Blue, 05 January 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Actually, by boring that hole out to fit barrels inside, I believe you killed the ridges that formed the seal.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

No, compare the holes to the stock hole that the 2k turret nub goes into.

I'll get some more pics...

Edited by Blue, 05 January 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#4 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

No, I'm pretty sure Zorn is right. All of the air is just going to leak out of the sides, though I would love to be proved wrong.

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

I didn't bore out the holes to fit the barrels INSIDE I bore just as much as an airflow modded 2k, only on ALL FOUR holes... The nub I drilled out seals over the the normal barrel place, so as long as there is a continuous wall it will work. Hopefully these pics will help...

The barrel turning...
Posted Image

And sealed
Posted Image

Edited by Blue, 05 January 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#6 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

I think you are referencing this post:

Quad PETG barreled NF. 60-70' range.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

(images)

Thank you so much cheesy.

#8 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

(images)

Thank you so much cheesy.

laughingelfman.jpeg

#9 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ahhh Black Fox, he had excellent taste in avatars and I'm assumeing music.

on topic: I'm very glad you braught this from the depths of the mod paintjob thread. It may bring a larger desire for 2ks/ turrets among the noobs but hey this is a sweet mod and if you pull it of you have a nice little modular turret.
Are you possitive it still seals?

Edited by princexbuster, 05 January 2010 - 11:16 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#10 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

Ahhh Black Fox, he had excellent taste in avatars and I'm assumeing music.

on topic: I'm very glad you braught this from the depths of the mod paintjob thread. It may bring a larger desire for 2ks/ turrets among the noobs but hey this is a sweet mod and if you pull it of you have a nice little modular turret.
Are you possitive it still seals?

Yes. However, sand out the little indents from the back of the turret, not the front, and it will give you the max amount of airflow. I just drilled a hole and widened it with a circular file. If you do it from the front (which is only possible if you messed up and have a big hole anyways) you have no guiding lines. I should have barrels on this thing by the end of the week.

This is a great alternative for all of you who have mangled their turrets or have very stubborn glued on barrels.

#11 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

If I remember right, Blackfox's Nitefinder ranges were less than satisfactory unless he held the turret down. I don't know if this was a flaw in his mod, or a flaw in the reverse turret, though. He also had issues with major hop-up. I would guess this is from the force from the plunger pushing the turret spring, which loosened the whole turret. The poor ranges could be because of this as well.
I haven't seen the thing in forever, so this is mostly based on memory, but I remember doing several tests with it.
I'd say it would probably work best on an air gun.
And yes, he has quite a good taste in music.

#12 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

Alright, glued on some barrels. About 5 inches of CPVC.
Posted Image
Here you can see the hole, not at all centered but that's okay.
Posted Image

I messed up on the nub, it is really, really crooked. I recommend putting on the barrels first... I have to fix this, but the turret works fine as far as sealing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users