Longshot Assistance Needed

Small problems which I can't fix

13 replies to this topic

#1 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:28 AM

After following several guides on the haven in order to modify my longshot I finally finished a worthy weapon. However I have a few problems Which I can't fix or can't seem to find a solution. Firstly, for some reason my blaster will not allow me to prime the bolt on the right side. It simply will not pull back. However on the left side the bolt functions smoothly. I have taken everything out to see if somethng was blocking the movement but could not find anything. After a clean the blaster was reassembled only to find the problem still remained. Secondly the accuracy of my blaster Is appalling I am puzzled about what may be causing this. I have no spring upgrade and my dart tooth is still in if that matters but all my shots fish tail or fly wide. Finally the range on this gun is not very good either I am unsure if tha is just as I only have the longshot spring in it or because of something else to do with the amount of air going through to the dart. Any help would be grately appreciated and I will provide extra information if needed.

Thanks

Raj
heck I tried pumping it from the rear once too... but it just
wasn't my thing. I just prefer the front.

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

It would help if you could provide us with some internal pictures.

For the accuracy problem, it could just be the darts. Stock streamlines are generally not that accurate and have a tendency to fishtail.

#3 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

For the accuracy problem, it could just be the darts. Stock streamlines are generally not that accurate and have a tendency to fishtail.

hi thanks for the help for internal pictures is there anything specific you want to see and also is it possible to upload from an iPhone as my Internet is down and I am using 3g?

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

hi thanks for the help for internal pictures is there anything specific you want to see and also is it possible to upload from an iPhone as my Internet is down and I am using 3g?

I'm not really sure, as I don't have an iPhone. Try and get a picture of the area surrounding the bolt and remember to get both sides. Also, you may want to try taking the bolt off. You can do this by using a pry bar that is shaped like this:

Posted Image

#5 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:19 AM

Sorry I can't upload any pictures right now but I have some more info on the bolt. I have the bolt lock removed and after the gun is primed if I go to shotgun load I can use the right side bolt. This is strange.

Edited by raj, 30 December 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#6 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

Well, the accuracy and range problems are most likely caused by poor dart-barrel fit. What types of darts are you using, and did you mod the breech or barrel?

Another option is the breech not aligning with the barrel when it's closed. Perhaps your bolt sled wasn't properly placed on its track when you reassembled the blaster. You might also need to lubricate the bolt sled with plenty of silicone grease. Try removing the jam door and watching the mechanism in action to see if it's not closing properly.

What mods did you do on the LS, anyway?
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#7 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

Well, the accuracy and range problems are most likely caused by poor dart-barrel fit. What types of darts are you using, and did you mod the breech or barrel?

Another option is the breech not aligning with the barrel when it's closed. Perhaps your bolt sled wasn't properly placed on its track when you reassembled the blaster. You might also need to lubricate the bolt sled with plenty of silicone grease. Try removing the jam door and watching the mechanism in action to see if it's not closing properly.

What mods did you do on the LS, anyway?

I removed the air restrictor removed all locks catch spring upgrade added recon spring and front gun intergration I am using streamlines in stock barrel but am contomplating the idea of an angel breech. Also if I pull the bolt slightly to the right I can prime on the right side bu after continuously doing this I keep dropping the bolt

Edited by raj, 30 December 2009 - 12:55 PM.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

The bolt locking up on the right side is common. It seems that many longshots will do this after being opened.

Edited by TantumBull, 30 December 2009 - 01:29 PM.

#9 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

The bolt locking up on the right side is common. It seems that many longshots will do this after being opened.

so I'm guessing it is beyond fixable?

#10 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

Crap accuracy is more likely because streamlines have zero weight and fly like paper in the wind under high pressure. Throw some hot glue into their tips and you'll see an improvement.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#11 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

Try pulling the bolt back by pulling the bolt back and slightly out. This seems to work for me. Otherwise your breech is probably sitting wrong.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#12 raj

raj

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

Try pulling the bolt back by pulling the bolt back and slightly out. This seems to work for me. Otherwise your breech is probably sitting wrong.

Zorns lemma is there a thread for the streamline mod as this may help me also durka durka I am currently making do with that form of pulling the bolt back but it keeps snapping off is there a way to make it more stable

#13 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

Zorns lemma is there a thread for the streamline mod as this may help me also durka durka I am currently making do with that form of pulling the bolt back but it keeps snapping off is there a way to make it more stable

Other than gluing it, I'm not sure. If you're happy with your longshot, then maybe you should.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#14 thebob13666

thebob13666

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Ive never seen a LS do that, but my best guess if the boltsled is aligned correctly is that the tube that holds the spring is inserted incorrectly. there is a + shaped piece and 2 lines on the back of it that go into the shell, and can be difficult to line up.

And if you havent done so, take out the jam door and leave it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users