Turreted Pistol Splat

Some problems...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:24 AM

You can follow the pictures pretty much on what I did, the problem is the ranges. They are terrible, maybe 30 feet, compared to the 80+ feet I was getting singled. I have checked and added more goop to the contact point, but that hasn't worked. I think I will be gluing some brass or petg to the back of the turret, but not centered on the hole, and attaching that to the coupler... Would that work?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I did pull the straw out after I was done, that was to keep the goop out of the turret hole

Edited by Blue, 29 December 2009 - 05:36 AM.

#2 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:41 AM

I belive that what may be the problem looking from the pictures is that the air to turret seal between the plunger is tuat air is getting lost. I think you should try to seal it with some type of goop or adhesive.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#3 popatachi

popatachi

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

The the blue between the coupler and the plunger foam? You could remove that and glue/goop the coupler directly onto the plunger tube. Air might escape through that area.

You might also try to shorten the barrel. When I tried my inline clip with a 4" barrel and a 4" clip, the darts were barely able to leave the barrel. Once I shortened the barrel to 3" and the clip to hold two darts everything worked fine.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

The the blue between the coupler and the plunger foam? You could remove that and glue/goop the coupler directly onto the plunger tube. Air might escape through that area.

You might also try to shorten the barrel. When I tried my inline clip with a 4" barrel and a 4" clip, the darts were barely able to leave the barrel. Once I shortened the barrel to 3" and the clip to hold two darts everything worked fine.

The foam was added after I glued on the coupler, the stock one had a rubber ring I removed and I knew they put padding in for a reason so I replaced it. I think I'll try like 4" barrels, I'll cut them up later on today hopefully. One reason I thought of was how the air isn't centered to go out that way, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

After removing the straw maybe the goop dripped down and is realstricting air flow. Remove the whole assembly and take out the plunger. Blow down the barrel alligned to fire. How easy is it to blow through? Now put the plunger back in and hold it there. Blow again. Are there any leaks?

#6 eliman

eliman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

I think you could have cut too much out of the AT2K turret seal. ? .

Edited by eliman, 29 December 2009 - 12:19 PM.

''you can walk it's ment for peopel'' -my dad

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

After removing the straw maybe the goop dripped down and is realstricting air flow. Remove the whole assembly and take out the plunger. Blow down the barrel alligned to fire. How easy is it to blow through? Now put the plunger back in and hold it there. Blow again. Are there any leaks?

I glued in the coupler way back when I did the coupler mod, but I think you are probably right. Can you widen the stock airflow hole at all or will it break under the extreme force of the spring? I think I will be removing the turret assembly entirely from the point where the coupler meets the gun, then seeing what goop went down there.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Before removing anything, try taking a drill bit the size of the turret holes through the back of the plunger tube. Maybe that will clear anything out.

#9 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

barrel length. what are those 6"+? That's gotta be more volume then the plunger tube. If your darts have a tight fit they may not be getting enough force from the tube to make it all the way out the barrel. I wouldn't go longer then 4-5" on the barrel.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users