Photo

Longstrike Cs-6 Internals And Stock Mod [pics]

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ppowers737

Ppowers737

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

First off I opened it up some of the screws where hard to turn.
Posted Image
Here are some closer looks for you modders out there
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now these little Bastards are what lock the stock of the gun into the middle section. When you buy the gun DO NOT put the stock right into the slot it will stick and not be removable unless you open it up.
Posted Image

The simple solution to the HUGE problem is is to just cut the plastic "lips" off. I cut mine off with some heavy duty scissors.
Posted Image

Now put the clips back in (don't forget the screws)
Posted Image

Now you will have a stock that can be put in and removed. The stock still fits very snugly and is still pretty tough to pull out. So no performance is lost.

Also I did use the search function and couldn't find anything but if this has been done before sorry. It is after all my first post here.

Edited by Ppowers737, 26 January 2010 - 03:38 AM.

#2 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

And knowing is half the battle.

Edited by Lion, 26 January 2010 - 03:42 AM.

#3 Ppowers737

Ppowers737

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:36 AM

Stock, hilts are the handle of a sword, but if a gun had one I'd guess it's be the grip.

Thanks I'll edit it

#4 angelfalcon

angelfalcon

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

Excellent first post buddy. Much better than mine.

As for the stock. I would have added a small semisphere of epoxy putty where the ridges were, sanded, so that the stock still locks into place but can be removed. Then you could sand the male stock end down so it slides smoother.

Kinda like this:

Posted Image

See those semi-spheres at the bottom that snap it into place?

Or, even attach the plunger cover from a Recon or Raider to the back, and attach the female end from a Raider/Recon stock to the Longstrike stock! I'm gonna do that if I get it.

Great mod as is though. As long as it stays in without a locking mechanism, you're golden.

Edited by angelfalcon, 26 January 2010 - 08:51 AM.

According to your mom, size matters. My blaster is four feet long. What about yours?

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

#5 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

Or, even attach the plunger cover from a Recon or Raider to the back, and attach the female end from a Raider/Recon stock to the Longstrike stock! I'm gonna do that if I get it.

That's just what my buddy wants to do, that way it could also be put on the recon/raider

#6 Ppowers737

Ppowers737

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Excellent first post buddy. Much better than mine.

As for the stock. I would have added a small semisphere of epoxy putty where the ridges were, sanded, so that the stock still locks into place but can be removed. Then you could sand the male stock end down so it slides smoother.

Kinda like this:

Posted Image

See those semi-spheres at the bottom that snap it into place?

Great mod as is though. As long as it stays in without a locking mechanism, you're golden.

Actually the way I did it the stock really sticks in there still. I have to pull it out with a great deal of force. But at least I can pull it out at all. I like the sound of your idea But I was just looking for a quick fix.

#7 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

I hate to be the one to toss this into the mix, but it looks like we have a recased Recon in the Longstrike. Plenty of room to toss in new internals, but its still a repackaged Recon.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#8 angelfalcon

angelfalcon

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

Thanks Demonlord, that was useful new information.

According to your mom, size matters. My blaster is four feet long. What about yours?

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

#9 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

SO much free modualr space to put a modular at3k in the front with turret maybe xD
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#10 bourbon

bourbon

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Actually, with a singled, hornet pumped AT3K and a raider drum, this thing could be half decent. Use the AT3K for ridiculous range, and then ward of rushers with the drum clip spam.

#11 GOW Veteran

GOW Veteran

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

When you opened the chassis(sp?) did everything stay in place? i ask this because when i opened a nightfire pistol the parts moved around significantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users