Semi Auto At2k

CAn't test ranges because its leaky and I don't have barrels

11 replies to this topic

#1 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

I made this last summer but I never post pictures so I will now.

Consists of a magstrike pump, magstrike value trigger thing, magstrike bladder and baldder shell. Hornet pump was replaced for at2k pump.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't test ranges because I don't have barrels and the tubing is leaky somewhere. I'm too lazy to look for it and fix it.

Comments?, flames?, ect. ?

Oh yeah. I forgot to add how it works.

You can pump either of the pumps. Then press the button from the magstrike on the bottom of handle. After that pull trigger. Repeat pushing button on bottom, turning turret, and pulling trigger until you are out of ammo or out of air.

Edited by cannotaim, 28 December 2009 - 05:47 PM.

Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Been done a few times before, I didn't get much for ranges and the added pumping combined with loss of range wasn't worth it to me,

#3 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

Been done a few times before, I didn't get much for ranges and the added pumping combined with loss of range wasn't worth it to me,

Well to tell you the truth I didn't know it was done in this way, I've seen other ways though.
Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Well to tell you the truth I didn't know it was done in this way, I've seen other ways though.

The basic check valve, pump and bladder setup you have is nothing new, that's what I meant. I have never seen a 2k setup exactly the way you have yours though. This was my attempt: Posted Image

I believe Merzlin did quite a bit of work on this style of mod, he can probably help you.

#5 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

Why do you need two pumps? I like this whole concept and hope to make one for myself when I get all the parts, so thanks for posting something for me to look at when the time comes.

P.S. Does anybody else hate it when people say they're "too lazy" to do something?
"A lot" is two words.

#6 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

Why do you need two pumps? I like this whole concept and hope to make one for myself when I get all the parts, so thanks for posting something for me to look at when the time comes.

P.S. Does anybody else hate it when people say they're "too lazy" to do something?

Merzlin actually used to come to me for help.

It has two pumps because the at2k pump doesnt have enough air output.

Your welcome.

Nerflovers

#7 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

Very interesting. I was looking to do this myself if I can't create that semi-auto valve mentioned recently.
I imagine the bladder shell makes for a decent short stock.
How many shots can you get off before running out of air?
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#8 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

I fixed the leaks and I'm getting around 12 shots at 70 feet. Im sorry for the very late rely. School gets in the way.

Nerflovers

#9 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

That's kinda cool. You still haven't explained why you need both pumps. :lol:
Yes.

#10 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

That's kinda cool. You still haven't explained why you need both pumps. B)

Because the trigger slides on the stock pump but the stock pump doesn't give enough air.

Nerflovers

#11 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

I think everybody is asking about the 2 pumps because you might as well just replace the stock pump with the magstrike pump if its better. You can't use both at once, and replacing the at2k one would look cleaner.

I love the idea of combining a bladder system with a hard tank gun like that at2k, but the triple part priming process seems to defeat the 'semi-auto' nature of it.

Have you thought of putting the magstrike bladder release behind the at2k trigger? With some tinkering, It seems like you could use the majority of the trigger stroke to depress the magstrike valve (untill the at2k tank is full) and then use the last bit of the trigger stroke to open the at2k tank and fire.

Put that system into an auto-advancing turret (3k?) and you'd have true semi auto (except for the whole regulator issue).

Still, what you have is very nice, and I'm not in much of a place to give criticism since I have never modded any of the ATxK guns. Wish i could find some though.

#12 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

I think everybody is asking about the 2 pumps because you might as well just replace the stock pump with the magstrike pump if its better. You can't use both at once, and replacing the at2k one would look cleaner.

I love the idea of combining a bladder system with a hard tank gun like that at2k, but the triple part priming process seems to defeat the 'semi-auto' nature of it.

Have you thought of putting the magstrike bladder release behind the at2k trigger? With some tinkering, It seems like you could use the majority of the trigger stroke to depress the magstrike valve (untill the at2k tank is full) and then use the last bit of the trigger stroke to open the at2k tank and fire.

Put that system into an auto-advancing turret (3k?) and you'd have true semi auto (except for the whole regulator issue).

Still, what you have is very nice, and I'm not in much of a place to give criticism since I have never modded any of the ATxK guns. Wish i could find some though.

Well I don't have an AT3k although I wish I did but the magstrike pump tube is too large to fit on the AT2k trigger loop thing. But thanks for the input.

Nerflovers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users