A Canadian Clan Recruitment

Let's get a clan going, people!

63 replies to this topic

#1 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:33 PM

While Jeeves' dad was suggesting that we pay $400 to form a club for our Nerf wars, Mike and I were thinking about something a little cheaper.

Mike and I were thinking about a Canadian clan, and more specifically, a Mississauga clan. Judging by the MMNO, we have a few members, about 7, and with Vince, we could have 8. I would love to start this clan for the benefit of organization, and just so that I can be part of a Nerf clan!

So, I'd like to hear from Nazgul, Blink, and Nazgul's friends about the possibility of forming a clan. Mike will add to this idea later, and we know that Ryan will obviously be all for the clan.

So, let's get discussing, and recruiting... And, we need a name if it all comes together.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#2 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:39 PM

Yes i was gonna post sumtin about this! My dad might not have let me come to the summer wars if we didnt have like some clan goin. So we better get something started. Also i dont think u want the noob in our clan do u? So yea, cant think of a name right now, hehe, we gotta come up wit sumtin good! Thats all I have to say for now! ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#3 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:55 PM

Wow, that was fast. Like...Jesus. Yeah, it sounds like a great idea. Then we can be organized, and we can a clan. That's cool. I have ideas for names...SWAT, JTF-2(Joint Task Force Two), RCMP...

Anyways, yeah. Let's hear what you guys have to say about it.
Spectre of the CFM

#4 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

Im 100% for the clan idea! To nerf every month would be like kick ass. The money im still not sure why we need it, but im slow and dont think much anyways. For the name of the clan im still thinking... two ideas could be "S.N.A.T(Special nerf and targets) or "C.N.A.F(Canadian nerf and foam) I am up for the clan idea.

Later Days
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#5 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

Alright guys, this is going to happen then. Very quick responses.

We could nerf once every two weeks on Saturdays from 12:00 till 4:00 if we wanted to! It would be great.

Name ideas are good, keep 'em coming! I have a few of my own... The Crimson Foam Militia (CFM) or Canadian Foam Militia, same abbriviation. I like Crimson better, just because it's the colour of freshly oxidized blood... uh, yeah. I like Mike's JTF-2 idea aswell, Joint Task Force Two. But, I would modify it to be Joint Foam Task Force (JFTF).

So, what does everyone think of those possible names?

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#6 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

Nice names guys! Keep them comin, it really doesnt matter wat our clan is called as long as its not stupid and its cool! So will it just be blink, me, ryan, vince, spectre, and bw?
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#7 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

So far, that seems like the roster. I would like to have 10 people by the end of our recruitment. Having 10 people would mean that a few could not show up, and we could still have a war. I think we may need to resort to friends that are new to Nerf, and try to get them into it.

I think that we are going to have to have a poll on the name. Not a real forum poll, but I think that if there are no new names by tomorrow, I will list them by number, and you will either post the number of the name, or the name itself.

Sound good to everyone?

--

#8 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:54 AM

dont think u want the noob in our clan do u?

You mean me? Anyway, I would love to be in this clan. Problem is that its a little far to drive every couple weeks considering my parents would'nt even let me come to the war. But i do like the Crimsin Foam Team er whatever it was about crimson. Where would we have the wars anyway? In cams basement?

#9 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

1. 1/2 n 1/2, no, he doesn't mean you. He means some retarded tag-along who didn't know jackshit about nerf and claimed his new-style SM1500 shot about 40 feet farther than mine, when in fact, it shot 10 ft short of mine.

2. We would have wars at a nearby school, not in Cam's basement. Would you try to fit 8 people in your basement? No, so why would he try to fit 8 people in his? Common sense man.

3. Names... CFM is cool, even Crimson, as it was the colour of the Canadian/British army back in the day. Also, JFTF sounds...no. How about Joint Task Foam? Plus, if we used JTF-2, we could have people from NY and whatnot even be part of the clan, as JTF-2 work directly with the SEALs... I also came up with another name, WDW (Who Dares Wins)...Canadian spec. ops. in WW2.

Good stuff so far guys.
Spectre of the CFM

#10 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:34 PM

1) 1/2 n' 1/2, like Mike said, we were talking about Arjen or something. He was seriously handicapped when it came to common sense and knowledge.

2) If I Nerfed in my basement, my dad would have it out for me. There are already enough holes in my wall, which my dad has lectured me about, and I don't need 6 other people missing their mark. Common sense is something good to have I would suppose...

3) 1/2 n' 1/2, if you are going to participate and be an active member, of course you could join. It would be great to have more people. We would be nerfing where we ahd the MMNO, the school. The forest is the best place to go, I almost don't like the school area, except for the portables.

4) Hey Mike, stop relentlessly striking down my suggestions! Ha ha, yes... it is called a joke. Anyways, now that people seem to like the Crimson Foam Militia, or the Crimson, I think we need to have that in-post poll. I think it would be awsome.

5) Thoughts on anything else that has come to mind?

--

#11 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

I live around two hours away from you guys, so I can't be in the clan. But I'd love to host a war in Buffalo if you guys would be able to make the drive.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#12 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

I live around two hours away from you guys, so I can't be in the clan. But I'd love to host a war in Buffalo if you guys would be able to make the drive.

Hey man, we don't care about distance! Although, it would be a Canadian clan, we could change that... if you want to join, I'd be very happy with that. It would be cool to have the clan branch out, especially across the border! I would think about attending a war in Buffalo next year perhaps, because we could drive down to it. Until then, what do you think about joining?

--

#13 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:28 PM

Just fine, but mind you, I might only be able to attend two wars a year.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#14 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:22 PM

You mean in a year, I could drive down... and even then I'd probably be stopped at the border for being two years too young to be driving without someone over 18. Effin Canadian driving laws... Anyways, yeah, that would be cool Chrysler. In reply to 5), I can make a banner and a website for us.
Spectre of the CFM

#15 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:42 PM

You mean in a year, I could drive down... and even then I'd probably be stopped at the border for being two years too young to be driving without someone over 18. Effin Canadian driving laws... Anyways, yeah, that would be cool Chrysler. In reply to 5), I can make a banner and a website for us.

Yeah, you could drive us down... but I could drive for the summer bud. Anyways, we could bring someone like your grandpa, shove him in the trunk, and convince the border officials that he is infact driving with us. Could work... or not. Yes, I knew you would say that in regards to 5). If you would like to, get to work... but as always, I havemy own vision, and I would like to confer and brainstorm. I'm thinking blood, a stefan, and a blurred Maxshot 'X' shape... you know exactly what our logo should look like, don't you? AAA all the way dude. But, with a twist... and some plasma. I could make one at school using Adobe PS 7.0, and e-mail it to you.

In other news, if that stupid kid would pay $50 for my Ln'L, I would sell, just because I'm making a profit of $30. I wonder if he is still interested... he certainly didn't shut up about it at the war.

--

#16 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

I think hes still interested! Hehehe thats jokes man! Also if mike doesnt have the time I could also make a web page up pretty quick! Also my rf20 integration is almost done! Its gonna be pure death too all of you next war! Mwahaha! :P :D
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#17 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:54 AM

I got alot of thoughts bouncing round in my head right now, here they are.

1) If I wared with the clan twice a year, could i still be part of it?

2) (I'm 99.9% sure your gonna say no to this) If you went to buffalo for a war, could some one pick me up?

3) Our logo should have a symbol like a bird, and it should be crimson, white, and black.

4) I don't like JFT-2 er whatever. (Sorry) Just get Crimson Foam Miltia.

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 23 March 2004 - 07:55 AM.

#18 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:03 PM

I guess my job would be to catch those thoughts and brutally maim them with a hammer. Or something.

1. Most likely. As long as you war, it's fine with us.

2. That depends on how close to the route to Buffalo you are. If you're, say, 5 minutes off the main route, sure. If you're 30 minutes off the main route, either forget it, or get your ass closer.

3. We will be deciding on a logo/banner for CFM.

4. It will be CFM.

5. Nazgul, since I have much prior experience with websites and whatnot, and have all the proper tools (i.e., not GeoCities), I'll be making it up shortly. If you want to see my work, check my personal website out here.

That is all.

[EDIT] Did I really sound that assholeish? Or were you just kidding around? If the former, sorry. Didn't mean it that way. Just wanted to say that since I had experience and...ah screw it...not my day today.

Edited by Spectre2689, 23 March 2004 - 05:08 PM.

Spectre of the CFM

#19 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

Oh man! Im sorry to insult your royal page making skills mike! Alright thats fin with me, geocities, piece of crap, the pic uploader isnt even working now! Nice page though! My integration is done! Mwahah! :)
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#20 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:43 PM

I guess my job would be to catch those thoughts and brutally maim them with a hammer. Or something.

Beat me to it... well, guess that's what happens. You did a good job though. I would've been about the same mannered as you were. Now, you information you gave was exactly what I would've said. Now, we have decided on CFM? Great, I shall begin sketching a Logo.

Nazgul, heh, let me and Mike take care of the website. We won't dissapoint... no we won't.

--

#21 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

Kick ass page Mike. This clan is going to be crazed!!!

#22 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

Especially because I will be moving to Canada next summer! Darn, but I guess 'll see you guys there...

THIRST
ko

#23 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

Thirst tahts awesome! Do you know which area though your moving into? :)
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#24 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:03 PM

Especially because I will be moving to Canada next summer! Darn, but I guess 'll see you guys there...

THIRST

Are you f-ing serious? If you are, you have a membership reserved for you. Wow... I hope you're coming to Toronto.

--

#25 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:28 PM

Thirst thats crazed that you coming here... are you for sure that you are moving or is it just a thought. Can I ask why we need money for the clan?

later Days

Edited by blink_182, 23 March 2004 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users