Best Way To Seal?

STUPID VALVE IS PISSING ME OFF

2 replies to this topic

#1 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Okay, so I cut off a valve from my many old and diposed bikes, and I glue it down to my end cap with hot glue, and the air leaks out from the openings. The glue is hardened and I can't extract the valve out because I've already pieced together my blaster... What should I use? My last resort was this Silicon sealant but it ended up sliding off just like the hot glue, I don't have any plumbers goop with me, But I don't want to seal up the holw knowing that the goop could blow off due to the pressure. Will Bondo Work?
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Just use some epoxy. Honestly, Epoxy works better than goop for sealing in my opinion.

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hot glue won't EVER cut it. It may seal for a bit, but it isn't meant to hold pressure and will weaken over time. Goop is my sealant of choice, but epoxy works too. Vinyl tubing will bond to almost all nerf plastics with pvc/abs solvent weld. That shit won't EVER come off. Be sure to sand down the parts you are epoxying tho. Don't do that, and the epoxy probably won't work.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users