March Meltdown 2010

56 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

Okay, I'm completely redoing this post completely.

When: March 20th 10am. Rain date is the 27th.
Where: Mill Creek Park. If you don't know how to get here we can get you addresses and directions.

Rules:

Mega Darts only. That means 5/8 foam backer rod and PVC pipe. Please don't show up with a gun that can shoot mega darts over 100 feet. The point of this is to handicap range. If you have any question about whether a gun will be legal or not just assume it isn't. Get a BBB or a Big Blast, put a coupler on it and call it a day. I'm not gonna dick around with gun legality this year. Bring what pistols you have but we don't expect everyone to rebarrel their guns. If enough people show up with pistols that shoot micros and have enough darts we'll do some pistol rounds. Otherwise keep in mind that this war is a test to see what will happen when we go back to megas.

Also if you have stock weapons and ammo bring them. I want to try a couple of rounds completely stock to see how it plays.

Otherwise rules are the same as my other wars. If you don't know what's expected of you I can repost my rules. But let me just say if you have any intentions to show up and act anything but respectful to all attendees do not come. Also keep in mind that this is a test and as such I'll need everyone's complete cooperation at all times. If you can't handle that, then don't come.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread. I fully expect there to be some questions.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

I'm sure I'll be there.

inb4 diameter vs weight restriction argument

Edit: I suppose since I'm in the thread early, I could run the attendance list, since I know you don't want to big guy. Cool with you?

Definitely:
Talio
Split
Vacc
Chopzszszszszs
Jlego
Lucian
Cheesypiza001
Gears
bpso86

Maybe:
skitzo
cpl pupdum
balisticjoe
faddle
dbnigz gay zebra <3p
white moonlight
ca13
TWR
badger

Forecast is 71 and sunny. Beautiful.

Edited by Split, 19 March 2010 - 05:59 PM.

Teehee.

#3 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

HA
HAHAHA
I'm the only one who actually uses megas! This is great!
I'll try to make it down, any easy way to get down there by train? Im in jersey now, hoboken specifically.

#4 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

I love the idea of a mega-only war.

I might just ave to make the six-and-a-half hour drive for this. Totally worth it.
I won't know for 100% sure until about two weeks before the war, though.

Up-date: I'm probably out.

Edited by 1337, 17 December 2009 - 10:51 PM.

Join the REVOLUTION!

#5 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:33 PM

I'm the only one who actually uses megas! This is great!

That's were you will be surprised-I use them too. Hope to be there pending grades.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#6 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

I might come.
NERFSTRONG#114

#7 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'll be there if the parents are willing to make the drive. Just made a couple mega shooting speedloaders for some of my guns...ready and rarin to go.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#8 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

I will attend if...

I can make my nitefinders have the capability to shoot megas...

Edited by white moonlight, 17 December 2009 - 08:28 PM.

On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#9 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hoping to make the drive for this one, as things aren't too crazy yet for work in March. As the date gets closer, any Pittsburgh nerfers that might want to carpool-- PM me.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

So I checked the oracle and it turns out the weather for March is going to be a complete crap shoot as usual. So here's what we'll do. The war will be March 20th. If it snows, rains or is below freezing we'll postpone it till the 27th. If anyone has any major conflicts with this speak now.

Another note. How are we doing on Mega Foam? If you could post for the sake of all the attendees where you know to find it and give a quick opinion about how it was I'd appreciate it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

I'll be there.

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

It's too early for me to say for sure, but if I'm free I'll be there.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

I should be able to make it. The only possible conflict is Anniversary with the GF earlier in the week, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, is this going to be a strictly mega war or are certain stock darts (streamlines) going to be allowed? Either way, looking forward to it.

-Chops
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

Mega Darts only.

Just for clarification, this is not a challenge to mod 120' shooting mega dart cannons. This is a deliberate step in the opposite direction. We're trying to de-emphisize range. A lot of us should be able to simply swap out our current barrels for 5/8" fbr fitting counterparts via the couplers so many guns already sport. If you don't have such a gun, go grap a BigBadBow.

One question that probably should be addressed: Talio, are we forgoing the "bring at least one springer pistol" rule? Not as many pistols have pvc couplers. I suggest we not plan on any pistol rounds.

#15 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

We'll see if I can make it... might have company on the 20th, and the 27th would be better for me.

I'm excited about making a mega-specific blaster, and maybe try to work a couple pistols as well. This should be fun, and a great time to shake the dust off.

#16 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Great Jesus, I'm on the east coast this coming march.

If there is love, I'll be there.

(put me as a maybe, if I ever seem in reach I'll try and run into a local toy store and grab at their offerings, because my bigger blasters are hard to hide and my small blasters are just too damn suspicious. Last time, I tried putting an SS1 into a sock and I was sweating like a college student coming from holiday in Amsterdam.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#17 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

You can put me down as a maybe.

#18 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

I'm a maybe.
TMC

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

If I may make a suggestion. Most people that attend east coast wars haven't used Mega darts either ever, or in a very long time.

If you have, or between now and this war come accross, a good source of Mega sized (5/8") fbr, please provide that information here. This is NOT a sales thread, so don't use it as a platform to play middleman.

Right now Log Home seems to be the most prevelant 5/8" fbr, but it's a bit pricey, and I haven't used it. If anyone has used this stuff, please let us know how it is. I'm assuming the barrel of choice will be 1/2" pvc as it used to be, but correct me if this is not the case.

#20 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

My concern regarding certain stock darts is that I would like to use the recon, but I don't think many people have modded them to fire megas...

Regardless, if that is the rule of the war, so be it. I'll try to have something ready.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#21 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

I figured I needed to just post.

Totally gonna be there, to break in the new nerfing season, no matter what kind of darts.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

I figured I needed to just post.

Totally gonna be there, to break in the new nerfing season, no matter what kind of darts.

Excellent. Please get our hairy friend a couplered BBB!

#23 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

Okay, I'm going to add a little bit to this war. We're going to do a couple of rounds with only stock guns and ammo. Chops I know you've done some mods to your recon already so hopefully you have a stock one kicking around. I just want to get an idea of what it's like to play with these new clip loaded guns totally stock. Anyone interested bring along a completely stock gun and some stock ammo and let's see what it's like. The vast majority of rounds will be mega's though so if you don't feel like buying any new stuff don't worry about it. You'll only be missing a couple of rounds at most.

Talio.

PS. First post has been updated.

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

No dice, I'm out till after April 15.
I hate you.

#25 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

No dice, I'm out till after April 15.

Can you do my taxes for free while you're at it? :D

Anyone find any good mega foam yet? I'm still a maybe, b/c I might have company coming out from Ohio that weekend. I'll be more certain as the date gets closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users