Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Can't get the damn barrels to seal.

6 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

This mod is driving me nuts. I have been working on a rear-loading 1500 off and on for about 3 months now. I can't get the washers to seal with the flat hot glue surface on the back of the turret. I have tried everyting. I filled the space in between the barrels with hot glue, cut it flush with a razor blade. It is fine. I have tried washers, BBB arrows, micros cut down the middle and spread flat, nothing works. I always end up getting a seal that is worse than stock. I need a good seal because my darts are snug in PETG. I know many have pulled this off, so what did you do? I have searched, read every rear-loading 1500 thread, tried at least 5 different materials to make the seal. I'm out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Are you using a lubricant? I use white lithium grease and it works very well.

#3 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Try filling the space with epoxy putty instead. Sand down the front half of the turret until it rotates correctly and you have a good seal. Make sure you don't sand it down too far or it will seal like shit. This has worked for the last few 1500s I've done.

#4 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

Basically what Ryan said, and also: If you DO sand it too much (like I did) it truly turns into shit, and theres no way to help that. Try a belt sander or a palm sander for sanding it evenly.

#5 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

You gave me a reason to get off my lazy ass and finish my write-up, it's a little bit rushed but meh. CLICK ME
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#6 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

May be a little off topic, but I didn't use a hot glue flat surface, nor did I use a washer.

Pics

Posted Image

And..

Posted Image

Gets around 95+ish last time I checked, but my dart barrel fit sucks.

Edited by dubcwill, 13 December 2009 - 01:52 AM.

He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

Well, I am probably gonna have to try an improvised version of ChefDave's because I already have barrels in there. I think that if I put FBR in there, it should not be hard to poke out. I don't have a belt or palm sander, so the epoxy putty method would be risky.
Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
MSDFS
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users