which one? How to?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hey all,

I'm trying to make an RSCB or inline clip for my at3k air tank. I have some questions though:

What's the difference between the 2?
Is there an advantage to one over the other?
What mat'ls should I use and how should they go together?

I guess basically, I'm looking for a writeup on how to make one of these babies.

YES, I DID SEARCH AND DI NOT FIND WHAT I NEEDED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!

#2 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Did you even search or anything, because I am pretty damn sure there are writeups on both of theese.
Nerf On!!!!!

#3 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Did you even bother to read the last line of the post? The one in caps!

#4 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

Did you even bother to read the last line of the post? The one in caps!

Oh sorry about that whisper but try checking the clip dirrectory there are links to writeups on both.
Nerf On!!!!!

#5 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

http://nerfhaven.com/mods/ss_rscb/
That would be a rscb.
An inline clip has a loose material (ie pvc, copper) leading to a tighter barrel material. The looser material is attatched to the front of the gun (via coupler or something else) and the barrel is jammed in the front of the looser material. When firing you tilt the barrel down and when you fire the air passes through all the darts in the looser materials from the last to the first one in the barrel.
You should probably use an rscb on the at3k as its an air gun and will shotgun fire inline clips due to the air pushing all the darts. Small volume springers probably use a inline, for larger volume springers and air guns use a rscb.
Use a tighter barrel material (all depends on you dart barrel fit) for the barrel and use looser piping for the clip part.
Whisper you seem to post a lot of HELP ME I CANT DO ANYTHING FOR MY SELF threads. You have almost 20 threads in the modifications section are help me or question threads. Im not saying you didn't search just that most of these topics are pretty easy to find, or you could just go on the IRC to ask.

Edited by Samzilla, 12 December 2009 - 10:14 PM.

BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#6 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

@dog9: I had no idea about a clip directory. I do not often visit the homemades section and it did not even occur to me that there might be such a thing!

@Samzilla: thankyou very much fro your insight. Youre right about my many help threads. Please understand that I am quite capable myself, I just beleive in getting some other people's feedback before I embark on a mod that may end up destroying a $30 peice of plastic. I am not, by far, a "pro" modder, and I like to get tips and advice from those with more experience than myself.

#7 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=15037&hl=
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#8 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

@dog9: I had no idea about a clip directory. I do not often visit the homemades section and it did not even occur to me that there might be such a thing!

@Samzilla: thankyou very much fro your insight. Youre right about my many help threads. Please understand that I am quite capable myself, I just beleive in getting some other people's feedback before I embark on a mod that may end up destroying a $30 peice of plastic. I am not, by far, a "pro" modder, and I like to get tips and advice from those with more experience than myself.

Go to the modification directory there will be a link to the clip directory
Nerf On!!!!!

#9 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Go to the modification directory there will be a link to the clip directory

Yeah, I did that. I had no idea about it. It's really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users