Nerfhaven Accessories Directory

35 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

We have a modifications directory. It's useful. Woo hoo!

However, in the last few years, "getting out and nerfing" has been the underlying theme of everything here at the Haven. The subtle mist over the lands, if you will.

In the past one year, it's been the raging torrent of a busted dam over the trailer park of the NIC.

In short, we like the idea of getting out and nerfing.

When getting out and nerfing, we commonly end up forgetting about the less-than-often discussed subject of accessories. Not useful for everyone, but most tend to come up with something to add to their war arsenal for efficiency.

I'd like this to become a one-stop-shop for those looking for ideas on how to make their arsenal more effective on field. Nothing here would be purely cosmetic; it's all about additions to guns for the sake of Nerfing. I'll do what I can to keep it updated as we do with the Mods directory. Though the subject matter is far more limited than modifications, I think this could prove to be an effective means for organizing and keeping track of holsters, ammo holders, straps, sights, and the like.

If there's something I didn't find during my initial laborious search for content today, please feel free to point me to it. Just make sure there are pictures. A photo is worth 1000 words. Your 5000 word photo-free description of your holster is worth nothing.

Sights/Scopes
Sixo's N-Strike Rail Compatible Scope
Cartoon's Ladder Sight

External Breeches/Barrel Systems
Baghead's Unity Barrel System (UBS)
OfAllTheNerf's PETG Breech
CaptainSlug's Slide Breech Rev. 3

Ammo Holders
Cheese-Boy's Crochet'ed Dart Holding Gloves and Wristband
ristrictor-distructor's Stock Dart Tag Dart Velcro-Tip Holder
Captain Slug's Wristband Dart Holders
StephenColbert's Dart Bandolier
renegademilitia15's Wristband Dart Holders
death by cheez's Ammo Belt
amerikanidiot154's Buzz Bee Shell Wristband

Holsters
Black Wrath's LnL and Nite Finder Holsters (can be adapted to most any pistol)
fly_rev-8's Clip-on Rail Holsters
.Z4.'s Splitfire-Specific Holster
NerfMonkey's Camo Fabric LnL Holster(can be adapted to most any pistol)
Cheesypiza001's Nerf Rail-Based Sidearm Holster

Other Gun Carrying Methods
nerfwindows' Magnetic "Nerf Warrior System"
A Side of Nerf's Magnetic "Nerf Warrior System: Pocket Edition"
Renegademilitia15's Magnetic "Nerf Warrior System" Variant
telekinetic's Dual-wielded Maverick system (can be adapted to any slider or cocking handle-based spring pistols)
goongala's Duct Tape Nerf System

Gun Straps
Falcon's Re-Sizable "Super Strap"
Flaming Hilt's "Universally Swappable Straps"

Stocks
commander erik's Collapsible Umbrella Stock
Renegademilitia15's Crutch Stock
jerm78's Ace Hardware Bent PVC Stock
Renegade's Retractable PVC Stock Prototype

Ramrods
BlackFox's Magical Ramrods

Clothing (built with a purpose)
Groove's Fitted Holster Shorts

Store Bought Equipment (Holsters, Ammo Holders, Slings, etc.)
Various Magazine Pouches (applicable as both nerf magazine storage as well as dart storage/toting)
Various Tactical Holsters
Off-Brand Toy Ammo Holders

If there are additional categories that you think need be added, feel free to let me know!

Edited by Falcon, 28 April 2009 - 11:28 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

This is a very cool and neat idea of your Falcon, Nice Job. I have one question why did you post this topic twice?

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 15 September 2008 - 08:12 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

You should add this:
http://nerfhaven.com...12153&hl=magnet

and this:
http://nerfhaven.com... warrior system

I think they are worth note worth

#4 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Probably a mistake (most likely a mistake), because sometimes when my internet freezes on me, and I click refresh, it'll say something like, "warning: if you were in the middle of a transaction when this happened, do not click O.K. as it might bill (something) twice" and I dunno if that happened to him, but it happens to me all the time, that's why I always copy my posts just incase, if you clicked O.K. then it'll refresh and maybe post twice but if you click cancel then you have to retype everything...

Oh and very nice directory, I found out a few things that I didn't know about.

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

You should add this:
http://nerfhaven.com...12153&hl=magnet

and this:
http://nerfhaven.com... warrior system

I think they are worth note worth

If you'd looked closer, the second one was already in there. But I had forgotten about the pocket version; thanks!

Edited by Falcon, 15 September 2008 - 08:42 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#6 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

This is incredibly awesome. Thanks for making this! Ought to be sticky'd :)

#7 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well since you're adding tactical rail-related items, i would think that tactical rail weapons would be good to add as well.
The tactical shot in my sig would be a nice addition.

Theres also a few LS scope + AT2K guns, but i think im the first to put a disc shot / nite finder into a rail accessory.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I understand that your gun in the rail accessory makes sense to be here, but this is really for home-brew items which make our guns and/or setups more efficient, rather than a temporary integration, which is what I see yours as. It's in the modification directory, I believe, and that's where it ultimately belongs.
----------||||||||)

#9 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

I understand that your gun in the rail accessory makes sense to be here, but this is really for home-brew items which make our guns and/or setups more efficient, rather than a temporary integration, which is what I see yours as. It's in the modification directory, I believe, and that's where it ultimately belongs.

S'fine, i didn't see it but thats alright.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#10 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

Falcon, I made a longshot clip mod that was designed for war, though that I'm not sure if it counts as an accessory.
The link- http://nerfhaven.com...=Quick Longshot
If it meets your standards and criteria, please add it in?

Edited by Echnalaid, 15 September 2008 - 11:43 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#11 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

BlackFox's Magical Ramrods

I'm so sigging that. Thanks for compiling all of this ^^.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

What about store bought accessories? I know groove and a few others use some kind of actual holster for LnLs and Nitefinders. I use a Swiss army gas mask bag for my ammo, and several other people use magazine pouches.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

I made some wrist ammo holders too. Link. If you don't think they should be on there thats fine.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#14 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

I like the idea. What about a section for barrel/turtet accessories? Breechs for instance, and maybe someone could make a thread quickly explaining staggered barrels (speedloaders). Just a thought. I'll link my breechs if you'd like.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#15 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

It looks good, thanks for the add. I second OfAll, there's a small section of barrel/breech related stuff in the Mod directory, but it might be more obvious here.

I see my term for your strap has caught on...
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#16 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Jerm78 just posted that nice thing about the bent pvc stocks, thread here.

#17 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

I just wanted to suggest that you add your Sprinkler Scope from DenofFoam. If you don't have time to copy it over to here, I can if you want me to. I've used them on several guns and they work superbly.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

I'm inclined to believe that no one who has ever attended a nerf war and done relatively well has subsequently thought to themselves, "This gone is pretty cool, but it could really use a plastic tube on the top. That would make it way easier to aim, what with me forgetting which way to hold it and all.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#19 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:15 AM

What about store bought accessories?

I was planning on it at some point. If there's a store bought accessory that you (the general and universal "you") use regularly that can be directly applied to Nerfing, such as holsters that can be found at Military Surplus or Airsoft Supply sites, give me a link and I'll add it. In the meantime, I just added a few links that cover most store-bought equipment needs (namely, the Google Products link you gave me for Magazine Pouches, and a Google Products page of standard tactical Airsoft Holsters.) If anything of the like needs to be added, let me know. Otherwise, we'll avoid posting individual holsters and whatnot unless they stand out as incredibly nerf-adaptable. I'm sure people can use the pages with multiple options to cater to their tastes quite nicely.

What about a section for barrel/turtet accessories?

That actually occurred to me today while doing Yard Work. I'll keep it fairly general, and it'll be exclusively breeches and things that are made independent of the mod of the gun (ie. breeches that are on-barrel and are used by means of a coupler that the barrel is placed on...so Forsaken's longshot breech wouldn't belong here, whereas your breech WOULD.) Homemade turrets would make sense here, but 2k turrets are typically part of the gun mod itself, so I wouldn't include that unless something happened such as if Bags were to post a quick write-up on the 2k turret that he mounted on a UBS barrel so it's a removable turret that is mounted via a CPVC coupler.

I see my term for your strap has caught on...

Couldn't resist.

I'm inclined to believe that no one who has ever attended a nerf war and done relatively well has subsequently thought to themselves, "This gone is pretty cool, but it could really use a plastic tube on the top. That would make it way easier to aim, what with me forgetting which way to hold it and all.

I hear you. Those sprinkler scopes I made for use on my old banded-to-death stock-mega-firing Commlink II's when I was about 9-10. They actually DO work as an aiming reference, but that's only if you have the time, and understand that they're not a pinpointing device. They're not scopes persay, so much as a simple device that cuts out external distractions and reduces your field of view, which you then acquire a point of aim and fire within. But I wouldn't put that up here unless someone were to post a write-up. I may do so at some point, but I'm not gonna bother right now. .Z4., it sounds like you've made/used one or two of them. If you want to throw up a writeup, I'll add it.

For the record, nearly every mod on that site is SO far out of date it isn't even funny...I'll bet that web site is significantly at fault for incoming members still using Crayola/Roseart markers for barrels. They're effective, for sure, but it's really just plain out of date. All the same, it's a part of our past, so I'll leave it online.

Edited by Falcon, 17 September 2008 - 02:43 AM.

----------||||||||)

#20 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

I guess I deserved that...the only gun I added one to for actual war use was a 2k, since it had no good point to aim by. They did help (me at least) on longer shots, especially on guns with no natural sight line.

And Falcon, I love that site. It was the first thing I discovered in the way of people who enjoyed tinkering inside plastic toys as much as I did. It led to my discovery of the NIC, and I guess I'm here today because of it. I for one would be sad to see it go.

Edited by .Z4., 17 September 2008 - 08:44 PM.

Z4 of the NIC

#21 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:47 AM

Thanks .Z4. I enjoyed working on that site back in the day...
As for the sprinkler scopes on 2k's...that's the second gun I put one of those on. They were on my commlinks, but I'll tell you...singled 2k's are pretty useless accuracy-wise without lots of practice because there aren't any straight lines on the gun to use as vertical angle references; that "scope" certainly helped me line things up quickly back '04.

I added a few more bits to the list. Keep the content coming, guys! I'm still finding some time to search endlessly through the forums/archives of dead threads for more homebrew kit, but NEW material is as much a necessity to progressive nerfing ideas as keeping the old stuff alive.

[subtle hint]
Go post a write-up of that holster/strap/stock/whatever of yours.
[/subtle hint]

Edited by Falcon, 18 September 2008 - 01:50 AM.

----------||||||||)

#22 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Is this stickied yet? or at least in the modification directory?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#23 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

It is now.

Nice idea Falcon, I hope this will spark the creation of more accessories and useful Nerfing doodads.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#24 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

In my way of thinking a "Sprinkler scope" should actaully just be called a sprinkler sight. Scopes magnify your image while these simply give you a sight picture.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#25 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

In my way of thinking a "Sprinkler scope" should actaully just be called a sprinkler sight. Scopes magnify your image while these simply give you a sight picture.

Regardless of the semantics of the name... you guys do realize that falcon made that in the days when he was still trying to accurately hit his dad across the living room with a banded stock ComlinkII right? kinda like how I in my early days called my first 2k mod a *word that doesn't exist in nerf* rifle. It's a little irrelivant now.

I think we need to get pilz on the ball and have him post his "Paperclip Sight" design... anyone who was CAFF knows what I mean.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users