Jump to content


At2k Question

About the tubing

7 replies to this topic

#1 nightfinder



  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

I'm integrating my 2k into a PAS, and I need to extend the tubing (Tried ExTenze, it didn't work D:). I went into my dads office and got some tubing that I pretty sure is 3/8th's, my question is do I have to just glue it on? Or could I use nipples and couplers? Thanks in advance.
  • 0
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#2 Hipponater



  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Location:Madison, WI
  • State:Wisconsin
  • Country:United States

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

do I have to just glue it on? Or could I use nipples and couplers? Thanks in advance.

You could use "nipples and couplers", or barbed connectors, and that would likely be best. But you can also just "glue" it in, with no likely problems. Use goop and you can put a tube directly into the AT2K tank (where it origionally was) and back onto the pump. I think there is a barbed kinda deal on the pump, you can just stick the tube over, maybe a bit of goop.

I think the size you actually want is 1/4" Vinyl tubing. It's sold at your local Lowes by the foot, at $.14/ft.

Edit: Instead of the couplers louiec3 linked below, because I'm in college and cheap, I just buy the next size of tube up, with a 1/4" ID, and goop the two tubes into the one larger one as a coupler.

Edited by Hipponater, 29 November 2009 - 12:49 PM.

  • 0

#3 louiec3



  • Members
  • 316 posts
  • Location:Columbus
  • State:Ohio

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

If it is 1/4in OD.
  • 0

#4 oh1134



  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

If you find tubing larger than the 2k tubing, you can wrap the 2k tubing in electrical tape and goop it in.
  • 0

#5 Draconis


    I am not Lord Draconical

  • Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • Location:Salem, Oregon
  • State:Oregon
  • Country:United States
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Better than Goop would be a real adhesive. Specifically I would recommend PVC/CPVC pipe weld cement, but only if the tubing you are using is vinyl. Most of the AirTech line uses vinyl, and the clear tubing you can buy at hardware stores is too. The advantage of the pipe weld is that it actually dissolves a small layer of both sections and commingles their structures to make one permanent bond.
  • 0
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 TantumBull



  • Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • Location:Seattle, WA
  • State:Washington
  • Country:United States
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

I feel like the OP's question has been answered, and since we're already on the topic of solvent weld, I figured it appropriate to ask this here.

When ever I see solvent weld, its always specific to a certain type of plastic. Yet a lot of people mention using a solvent weld to attach al sorts of things to each other. Does one have to figure out the types of plastic your bonding and then fit the solvent to the job? Is there some sort of magical one-solvent-works-on-all-sorts-of-plastic product?
  • 0

#7 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

    Sir Scrt

  • Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:Dulles International Airport
  • State:Virginia
  • Country:United States

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

General purpose plastic cement for ABS/PVC/CPVC should do the job for almost anything nerf-related. Standard PVC cement will also work for almost anything nerf-related. Neither of these are ideal for the job, but anything with MEK will dissolve plastic and nerf bonds aren't under that much stress anyways.

If you want to be precise about it, there are various formulations of IPS Weld-on for specific plastic: polyester, polycarbonate, etc. but I've had good enough success solvent-welding polyester to PVC and polycarbonate to PVC with standard PVC cement that I don't bother.
  • 0
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#8 Whisper101



  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

A barbed coupler will work fine. You can get the brass variety at ACE for around $2 per. They have most sizes. Just make sure to heat the tubing up a little before you try to slip the tubing on!
  • 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users