Shotgun Stefans

stefans for double shots

12 replies to this topic

#1 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

when looking at the title of this topic some will wonder what a shotgun stefan is. Well I am going to tell you. As far as i know i am the only one who ises these or has even heard of these.

They are simple to make all you have to do is take regular FBR. I used frost king but thats just what i buy. The first step is you take your foaam you cut it to about 1 inch and you throw abiut 100 in the dryer for about 7 minutes max depending on how good your dryer is and after they are all straight you get to work. The next step is to take a hot glue gun and some 6 gram airsoft pellets and burn a tiny incission in the foam and stick the pellet in the hole. After that you take your hot glue gun and create not a dome but just a flat surface over the pellet. after that is done you simply repeat until you are done. the final steps are to drill the aor restrictors out of your buzzbee double shot shells then you can fit two to three darts in one shell which gives it not only a better chance of hitting someone but also makes it have the feel of a real shotgun because of the spread.

Edited by halonerf117, 28 November 2009 - 07:34 PM.

ever wonder what th worlds largest potato would look like blowing up

#2 wardrive

wardrive

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

You know what would really help? Pictures!

Question 1:

Are you suggesting NIC members use airsoft pellets as a prjectile? Or simply as a weight? The "spread" comment made that kind of difficult to tell.

Question 2:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a doubleshot twice (at least not anyone I had any respect for), they usually buy a better gun once they realize how uncompetitive it is at most games.
*So why are you using one?

Question 3:

How are you stacking the darts? Side by side, or top to bottom (if you have short length stefans?).

-Not trying to rain on your parade here, but if you're introducing a "new" concept then it's customary to have lots of pictures..

*Edit, and yes I realize question 2 is not exactly a question...

Edited by wardrive, 28 November 2009 - 09:57 PM.

It's not called incompetence, We call it Leadership.

#3 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

You know what would really help? Pictures!

Question 1:

Are you suggesting NIC members use airsoft pellets as a prjectile? Or simply as a weight? The "spread" comment made that kind of difficult to tell.

Question 3:

How are you stacking the darts? Side by side, or top to bottom (if you have short length stefans?).

I believe halonerf117 is trying to describe the process of creating shorter stefans and lining them up in a single barrel so they all fire at once.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#4 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

Question 1:

The answer to your question is that the pellets are used for weights.

Question 2:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a doubleshot twice (at least not anyone I had any respect for), they usually buy a better gun once they realize how uncompetitive it is at most games.
*So why are you using one

The only reason I use a doubleshot is because my friends in my neighborhood all play together and they all have doubleshots and it wouldnt be fair if I used my bbb spring longshot against they're stock doubleshots.

Question 3:

-Not trying to rain on your parade here, but if you're introducing a "new" concept then it's customary to have lots of pictures..

*Edit, and yes I realize question 2 is not exactly a question...

The way i stack my darts is by putting them on top of each other. If you knew anything about doubleshots then you would know they are fired/ loaded with shells therefore you would not be able to stack 2 to 3 darts side by side. I will get pictures up in a little bit

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

You really should have cut to the chase and said "Hey Guys, I found out that cutting stefans to 1 inch lengths and flattening their heads work great when stacked inside doubleshot shells!" You really, really didn't need to go into the in's and out's of the standard process of making weighted darts with hot glue.

I would suggest cutting them even smaller, like 1/2'' long so you can fit even more inside the shells, if 1/2'' isn't good then maybe try 3/4''.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 wardrive

wardrive

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

I know they use shells, which is another reason I don't like Doubleshots. Your description gave the impression that they were quite different from orthodox stefans, hence I felt compelled to ask.

So, your basically just stacking flat headed stefans on top of each other?

What kind of ranges are you getting?
It's not called incompetence, We call it Leadership.

#7 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

You really should have cut to the chase and said "Hey Guys, I found out that cutting stefans to 1 inch lengths and flattening their heads work great when stacked inside doubleshot shells!" You really, really didn't need to go into the in's and out's of the standard process of making weighted darts with hot glue.

I would suggest cutting them even smaller, like 1/2'' long so you can fit even more inside the shells, if 1/2'' isn't good then maybe try 3/4''.
Just Some Bob Posted Today, 07:10 PM

just some bob I have tried 1/2'' stefans and they do shoot but dont go as far and have crappy ranges and occasionally either dont shoot or if you aren't careful get flipped sideways and dont shoot. the ranges are about 30' flat with two loaded corectly made shotgun bullet5s and with thre about 25'

#8 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

jamie_%20nerfhaven-1.jpg
jamie_%20nerfhaven-2.jpg
here are some pictures I really hope I put them on her right

#9 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Our local group has been discussing rules for what is and what is not a dart. If it's not a dart, hits can be ignored. And if there isn't an inch of foam somewhere, it doesn't pass. There have to be limits somewhere, or else we're just shooting BBs with some crap stuck to them.

That's a good point. I don't think anybody here wants to be shot by darts that are 50% BB and being shot out of a bbbb.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many you could fit in a singled titan and still get decent ranges? (Damn, now that I thought about it, I have to try it out.)

Edited by durka durka, 28 November 2009 - 10:52 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#10 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

I have seen VelveetaAvenger use a 9+ shot Titan with ½” rounds and it has an effective range of like 15” with a wicked spread but every inch of that 15” is deadly ground. Very good tactic for defense or rush.

I prefer a stubbed DS, but I like your innovation of Lanard shells.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#11 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:52 AM

Holy shit dude will you take a moment to learn how to use the quote feature !

the rest of your posting.. yeah sure. Cool.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#12 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

Holy shit dude will you take a moment to learn how to use the quote feature !

the rest of your posting.. yeah sure. Cool.

alright I think I quoted it right this time

Also I have found that if you can find it. This stuff is really amazing, it's called plastidip and I don't know if you guys already use tis or not but after you make you average stefans you dip them about 1/2'' down or enough to cover your weighted part and then roll it in your fingertips and it should make a point at the top and then just blow the top down to flatten it. now you ave stefans with the airsoft pellet not showing and they look cool and sometimes hurt more or less depending on the gun you use.

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

This thread sucks.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users