Photo

Nitefinder Replacement O-ring

8 replies to this topic

#1 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hello! I would like to know the replacement o-ring size for a nitefinder. I did a search and could not find any information or size. Also I'm not sure if this changes much but I am going to lowes to get the o-ring althow I beleve the sizes should
be the same even if I wen't to another store.

Thanks alot
~Tyler
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#2 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Wrap a bit of electrical tape around the plunger head in the slot that holds the O-ring in place. It should expand the O.D. of the O-ring, instant better seal. Just as good as a replacement.

#3 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Wrap a bit of electrical tape around the plunger head in the slot that holds the O-ring in place. It should expand the O.D. of the O-ring, instant better seal. Just as good as a replacement.

Thanks but I know that. I'm looking for the o-ring size for a upcomeing plunger head project.

#4 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Thanks but I know that. I'm looking for the o-ring size for a upcomeing plunger head project.

Just take the O-ring to the store with you. Lowes has a size chart laminated on the wall that you can literally press the o-ring up against to compare sizes. I think you're looking for a #12 or #13 O-ring though.

#5 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Just take the O-ring to the store with you. Lowes has a size chart laminated on the wall that you can literally press the o-ring up against to compare sizes. I think you're looking for a #12 or #13 O-ring though.

If I had a nitefinder o-ring I would do that but I don't. Thanks for the #s that's exactly what I needed!

#6 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

The best NF replacement O-Ring that I have found is a #57 Danco O-ring.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#7 Brutal 770

Brutal 770

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

I would just like to say that from my experience wrapping a layer of e-tape under the stock o-ring. It is a faster and easier since you don't have to find an exact size, but if you truly want a new o-ring than I suggest going to the hardware store and testing o-rings by putting the o-ring on the plunger and smashing it in the cylinder while hand is on the side of the plunger the barrel would be on. The more resistance you feel on your hand the better seal it will be thus delivering more air.

Edited by Brutal_770, 13 April 2010 - 09:48 PM.

It's an injection attack against this version of IPB. We'll be down intermittently while I upgrade the site.

If I put ads on NerfHaven you'll know it. They'll be for drugs... and hookers... and duct tape.

By Cxwq

#8 nostyleguy

nostyleguy

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

I know I said "#12 or #13" but I just got home from work and the # I actually use is #14.

Danco #57 is 1" OD, 13/16" ID. The #14 is 15/16"OD, 3/4 (12/16)" ID. The #57 might be better, but the #14 works just fine and is a little snugger.

Sorry for the mis-information.

Edited by nostyleguy, 13 April 2010 - 10:40 PM.

#9 1coolmodder

1coolmodder

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

measher the iner-diamiter of the plunger tube then bring your ruler to the srore were you get them and get an o ring with your measherments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users