Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Crossbow type gun for 30$?

17 replies to this topic

#1 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

A while back, oddalumps (sp?) posted a thread about this very gun. After modding, he was only able to pull out 40 feet. After that, we all thought it was crap. but, me being myself, I had to try for myself.

And, what a gun.

Posted Image

(Sorry about the huge pics)

I've replaced the plunger rod ,So plusbow springs fit, but I've only got a [k25] in it. Other than that, I've only couplered it, and improve the seal and lube it. despite these seemingly simple mods, I'll bet i'm hitting about 110 feet flat.

And, it's only 30 bucks off amazon.

Anyone gonna try catch one of these things now?

Also, its tiny. as you can clearly tell by this picture of me holding it:

Posted Image

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#2 Fredo

Fredo

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thats just awesome. How would you rate it on comfort level?

Edited by Fredo, 11 November 2009 - 07:38 PM.

22:24 Mr_BadWrench wait, you have a name that makes it possible for talio to seduce a woman?

22:25 Mr_BadWrench whats your name? john holmes?

#3 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Thats just awesome. How would you rate it on comfort level?

even though its small, i'd rate it a 7.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

#4 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Thats very good.
Great job.
Really clean mod and it looks great.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#5 jubjub517

jubjub517

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

Looks kinda awkward to fire.
How strong do you think the gun is overall?
Does it need reinforcing?
Good job
[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#6 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Here's a fun update. I've made it unstoppable.

Posted Image

#7 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

That's pretty cool. Could we get an internal pic?
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

I've had one of these sitting around in my gun bin for awhile but never bothered to really get to it. I was really turned off by the size. I guess I'll have to give it a second look now. Good job. The grip is definitely tiny as hell. I was thinking of replacing it or slipping a bigger grip over it.

Edited by Cannonball, 12 November 2009 - 01:52 AM.

#9 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

Very cool. Props. I knew this thing could get more than 40'. The plunger is gigantic. I saw one of these on ebay a few months ago and thought about picking one up.

From oodalumps original thread...

You should try to flip the plunger tube around in there so you cock it from the back and then relocate the barrel so it's right in front of the plunger tube. You'd get better ranges that way but it would be a pain and I don't know if you could do it and keep the catch mech in the same place.

I think it looks like it's very awkward to prime. Especially if you're replacing the spring. It would be a lot of work to flip the plunger, while making it look clean, while making it comfortable to use, all at the same time.

But I don't think these are incredibly common, so I wouldn't want to go hacking up a perfectly fine blaster. And especially one that is older than a lot of the members on this site.

It looks like it works awesome with the Firefly turret. Props on that. Turrets are awesome on anything.

Edited by Ryan201821, 12 November 2009 - 02:02 AM.

#10 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

I was actually looking on amazon myself and I found one. I did not get it because I thought it looked crappy. I gues I am wrong.
NERFSTRONG#114

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

I was actually looking on amazon myself and I found one. I did not get it because I thought it looked crappy. I gues I am wrong.

Thank god you said that; we never would have known that you didn't buy one!!

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

I think it looks like it's very awkward to prime. Especially if you're replacing the spring. It would be a lot of work to flip the plunger, while making it look clean, while making it comfortable to use, all at the same time.

Reminds me of a SNAP-4. Those aren't uncomfortable at all. In fact, you could probably put a housing on this so it primes the same way.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

I would stick some PVC in that T at the end of the plunger tube, and prime it by stepping on that with both feet, and pulling the whole blaster upwards. Kinda hard to do running, but it could be done that the PVC isn't long enough to interfere with priming it with your hands.

This is sick, but I would replace the handle with a LSFG one. Looks mighty small.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#14 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

How is this gun so impressive? It's a springer that gets around 100 feet, is awkward to prime and is tiny. Are people just raving over this because it has the word crossbow in it? I mean, there are a lot of springer that get 100+ and are less expensive and less awkward.

#15 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Wasn't there only one of those on Amazon? Those are pretty rare...I always get sad when people chop up oldies, but it's not my decision to make.

In any case, good job with the mod.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#16 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

How is this gun so impressive? It's a springer that gets around 100 feet, is awkward to prime and is tiny. Are people just raving over this because it has the word crossbow in it? I mean, there are a lot of springer that get 100+ and are less expensive and less awkward.

I personally like it because...
a. It's easy to mod.
b. There are no complicated mods and it still gets great range.
c. It's new.

So it's not neccesarily the best gun, and we don't like it because it has crossbow in the name we like it because
of ab&c.
I really like it's new turret, good job on that.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#17 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Internal pics for those who are curious:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The priming mechanism is similar to a SNAP, where the plunger head acts as a catch point.

Also, this blaster should more appropriately be referred to as the "Super Shots Crossbow".

#18 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

That's realy cool, I've seen that on amazon too, I never thought of it because it looked like shit.
But this is amazing. The internals are extrmely simple. Do you think it would be possiable to flip around the pt?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users