Photo

I Need Help With Pistol Splat Rscb Clip

10 replies to this topic

#1 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

hi i had some questions about a rscb clip for a pistol splat.
I was wondering if putting on a rscb clip would be worth it,also i dont know how.I have seen many people do rscb clips with petg,cpvc,pvc,copper,and brass.I don't know what to use and how long should the barrels be.I have a half coupler on my pistol splat and plan on putting the rscb clip on the side.I was wondering did anyone do this yet,and can they show me.I don't know how long should it be,and how many darts it should hold. Thanks and tell me if i misspelled or w/e, i don't usually write posts

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

Badwrench did a mod just like what you described. Search though his posts.

#3 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

First off, different style pistol splats vary in power: the black and silver is much more powerful that the orange and silver chalk dart version. Secondly, it depends on it's planned usage: You'd want to make a easier to load RSCB for a primary, and a smaller capacity for a secondary. As most would use a pistol splat (on the west coast, anyways) as a secondary, so you'll want a 3-4 shot RSCB, with about a 4-5 inch barrel, depending on which version you have.to construct one, there's alot of write-ups on how to do so, just search the homemades section.
Personally, I'll use an inline clip as opposed to a RSCB, just for the streamlined nature of it, along with the fact of the slightly less dead space involved. All in all, it just depends on a whole variety of factors.
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#4 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

First off, different style pistol splats vary in power: the black and silver is much more powerful that the orange and silver chalk dart version. Secondly, it depends on it's planned usage: You'd want to make a easier to load RSCB for a primary, and a smaller capacity for a secondary. As most would use a pistol splat (on the west coast, anyways) as a secondary, so you'll want a 3-4 shot RSCB, with about a 4-5 inch barrel, depending on which version you have.to construct one, there's alot of write-ups on how to do so, just search the homemades section.
Personally, I'll use an inline clip as opposed to a RSCB, just for the streamlined nature of it, along with the fact of the slightly less dead space involved. All in all, it just depends on a whole variety of factors.

thanks, i bought a pistol splat off someone else, and modded it. i have a blue and silver pistol splat.I plan to use this as a loaner primary,but also i will be using this for a secondary behind my singled longshot. I would like to have a 4-5 shot rscb clip. i don't have much tools,just a demel with enough attachments, some screw drivers, saw, and a drill.Also i don't have a steady hand and i have bad patience

Edited by etrankill3r, 11 November 2009 - 02:45 AM.

#5 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

thanks, i bought a pistol splat off someone else, and modded it. i have a blue and silver pistol splat.I plan to use this as a loaner primary,but also i will be using this for a secondary behind my singled longshot. I would like to have a 4-5 shot rscb clip. i don't have much tools,just a demel with enough attachments, some screw drivers, saw, and a drill.Also i don't have a steady hand and i have bad patience

Then don't work with power tools.

Seriously.

You don't need anything other than a pipe cutter or a hacksaw to make an RSCB, especially if you use just PVC/CPVC. Do some searching. Having "bad patience" is no excuse.

#6 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=15037&hl=
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#7 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thanks, but will a rscb clip work if my darts fit snug in cpvc. I use ace hardware foam and i have to twist it in cpvc, i'm scared that the darts won't slide down.

#8 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thanks, but will a rscb clip work if my darts fit snug in cpvc. I use ace hardware foam and i have to twist it in cpvc, i'm scared that the darts won't slide down.

Then use CPVC for the barrel and PVC for the clip part. It's what I do, my darts are snug in CPVC.

The clip obviously has to be loose on the darts, but the barrel doesn't have to.

#9 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

wait so if i use cpvc for my barrel and pvc for my clip what coupler should i use, and i still don't get it. If my darts can only be twisted in cpvc, how will i shake it down and have the dart go to the barrel

#10 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

wait so if i use cpvc for my barrel and pvc for my clip what coupler should i use, and i still don't get it. If my darts can only be twisted in cpvc, how will i shake it down and have the dart go to the barrel

They don't need to go that far into the barrel, just make the cpvc kinda funnel the darts by making a cone kinda thing, so the darts are guided into position.

I use a PVC T with a piece of PVC drilled out to that it holds the CPVC, then I put that into the coupler, but if you can find PVC that has an ID big enough for CPVC (5/8"), use that.

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

He's been banned for six months due to this thread. It's like he didn't even try.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users