The Beast Powerclip Mod

How Do I Do It?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:12 PM

There was a Powerclip that someone modded to have a bacpack instead of a bladder to hold air. I think it was called The Beast. I have a Powerclip that has a leaky bladder and thought maybe someone on NH knows how to do that mod. So?

#2 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:02 PM

There was a Powerclip that someone modded to have a bacpack instead of a bladder to hold air. I think it was called The Beast. I have a Powerclip that has a leaky bladder and thought maybe someone on NH knows how to do that mod. So?

The beast was specifically designed as a larger airtank, that would generally allow 250-300 shots without the need to repump, it was created by Jon and his Opa.
I'm not sure if anyone will have a mod for it, because Jon never posted the schematics, but if someone wants to make an imitation "the beast" they can probably come up with the schematics to give to you.

Personally I would advise against it, due to the pressure in the tank, you would generally get 20 shots per 10 shot clip, thus reducing the total output to around 125-150 shots a war, with a long primer time inbetween to load up the airpack. Now realize I'm not discouraging you, these are just some of the practicallities of what happened when Jon and Opa made it. You could try to make a larger clip by sanding off the tops and bottoms of multiple clips, gluing them togethor, and then enhancing the puller (I am not sure what else to call the mechanism that pulls the clip up) to be able to pull more weight.

All in all, if you love to just shoot out a shitload of shots like no tomorrow, and have the needed ammo, by all means go for it. But if not, and you prefer to conserve some of your ammo so your always prepared, try either switching to a new power clip, or lacking said powerclip, check out ebay or here for anyone selling them. Also if I remeber correctly Talio talked to the people up at the nerf head quarters, and it is believed that they are re-releasing the powerclip. Good luck, and hope any of that helped.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:14 PM

It did help, alot. Thank you. But, is it even posible to make the clip puler upper (or whatever its called) pull up more weight? And would'nt it just fall out because its so heavy? Also is there anything else i can do to a destroyed airtank?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users