Photo

Recon Cs-6 And Ertl Rapid Fire Shot Gun Mod

41 replies to this topic

#26 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Ahh... yes... I completely forgot to mention that. I, too, was unhappy with the reduction of 12 to 6... but perhaps if I could make it to 35...

Unfortunately, my Stephans are fussy in the unmodified drum clip. But the streamlines... goodness me, the streamlines. They tend to fly a little wild, so accuracy is dodgy, but they do fly far. If the weather stays warms enough, I'll take a crack at modifying the drum clip to take Stephans better.

Super clip time! I personally don't like the drum that much, and it seems as if it would make your gun even more front heavy. If you have 2 spare clips, a super clip is a great investment.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#27 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

I don't like to straight copy peoples mods, but I have got to make one of those. That is a bad ass gun, I really like it.

Well you don't have too do what draconis suggested and use a pas (btw nice blog).
Oh and that a really cool mod it seems simpler than what Tantum and Asasinnf (i think) did which was still really cool.
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#28 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

You sir are a magician! This calls for a song! Too bad I can't think of one.

#29 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

As far as making streamlines more accurate, stuff a single BB in the hole in the tips of the darts used in guns that fire 0-60ft, 2 BB's in a darts fired at 60-100ft, and 3 BB's in dart that are fired over 100ft. This makes them pretty reliable for me and they still work in all the stock guns with no fishtailing. They don't hurt as much as stephan's, and unless you're really good at making stephan's, modding streamlines is pretty damn cheap. But I wouldn't go as far as to cut off the tip and glue, it takes too long.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#30 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Haha, that's awesome!
At nerf-o-ween I was like "why did that jackass glue a recon to the front of his shotgun? whatever, to each his own I guess"

but now, damn dude, That's gnarly. I see a few things that could be put together more sturdily, but I'm sure you already have plans for whatever I might suggest.

great stuff!

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#31 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

I'm not sure about this, but isn't there a HUGE amount of dead-space there?
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#32 TheAbused

TheAbused

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

As to modifying streamlines... it's not something I would really pursue right now. The group we played with had a very strict "stock darts only" rule, and I have this hang up over chopping up darts. I'm still getting used to the idea of using Stephans at all.

Haha, that's awesome!
At nerf-o-ween I was like "why did that jackass glue a recon to the front of his shotgun? whatever, to each his own I guess"

I was one of the first people to show up that day, and before things really got started, I had a number of people ask me "Why would you even bother doing anything with a Recon?"

To which my reply was either "Because I can," or "Because being killed with a Recon adds a certain amount of insult to injury."

I'm not sure about this, but isn't there a HUGE amount of dead-space there?

There is dead space, yes. I wouldn't call it huge; it's only a dart-length of space. At the time, I wasn't real concerned about it and I thought "Eh, I'll be happy if I can even get a dart to come out of the thing." When I build a new one, I'll explore other breech opportunities.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

#33 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

You should definitely upload some pictures of the super charged ball a matic thing you had going on haha.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#34 TheAbused

TheAbused

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

You should definitely upload some pictures of the super charged ball a matic thing you had going on haha.

Yes.... that will be next week.

#35 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

I was one of the first people to show up that day, and before things really got started, I had a number of people ask me "Why would you even bother doing anything with a Recon?"

To which my reply was either "Because I can," or "Because being killed with a Recon adds a certain amount of insult to injury."

I like how you say that people cared more about the Recon than the RFSG.
This is real cool. It's like what Assassin NF did with his PAS, only cleaner. Now it needs paint
Oh, and Banshee, I hope you use megas, because a three BB mega hurts, I can't imagine the pain of a three BB stefans from a +bow...
We have no sig.

#36 TheAbused

TheAbused

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

Stage one of the new paint job is finished. Detail work will be done by my lovely assistant, since I have almost no patience for painting.

Posted Image

DRAMATIC PHOTO!

Posted Image

#37 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Beautiful. I actually tried looking, and I can't even find the spot where the blasters are connected at. Major kudos.

#38 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

That looks really cool.
Don't do anything else to it, it looks great.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#39 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

I saw this at nerf-o-ween and was like what the hell is that.
I meant to ask you but I never got around to it. Now I know what it is.
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#40 mr grunty

mr grunty

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

now all you need is a drum mag.

#41 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

Wow. Wow. WOW.

See, this concept is something that I've thought about, using Recons or Longshots as just "loaders" for powerful guns. It seems very effective, but pretty hard to accomplish.

After painting, the cleanliness is just mindblowing. If the Recon had less detail, or the RFS had more detail, it'd look like a single, stock blaster.

Small reccomendation; I'd say that the gun's range is probably good enough at the moment, but if you removed the Recon barrel addition the range would probably bump up with slim to no accuracy loss.

But, just great job man. This thing is a BEAST, and a video for those of us not in attendance at the Nerf-O-Ween would be nice.

Props brahh.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#42 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

looks sweet :)

but...I don't understand why. You sacrificed a very nice 12 shot turret for a 6 shot clip. I don't understand the logic. I don't think people will ever get the drum mag to reliably shoot stefans...I just don't get it.

It's still mad cool, but it just seems to me like the shotgun was more funtional before, but to each his own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users