17 replies to this topic

#1 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

Well Yesterday I got my second Raider after seeing this
Posted Image
I kept my first one stock out of fear of breaking the plunger tube like 2 of my recons prior.

Major things you need

Longshot scope
Enough brass for an angel breech
At3k or similar (just pump and tank)
tubing coupler
RFDG spring (doomsayer)
Various modding materials and tools
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1 Brass breech

If you just took yours out of the box do this now if not do it when you open it.
Posted Image
Take the drum rest and open up those 2 screws.
Posted Image
Take out the orange piece there and put that back together. This lets you activate the clip lock while the breech is closed.

Open it up nothing tricky
Posted Image
image from SorrowX on Nerfhaven.

Throw out the white piece and the dart tooth. Unscrew the 4 silver screws and take out everything else. Set them aside.

Posted Image
Get your brass out but the correct sizes not the ones shown
9/16
1/2
19/32
17/32

Take your 9/16 and cut it to 7.5 in, and make a 3 1/4 half pipe, and add tightening rings
Posted Image

Make a 1/2in long section of 9/16 and 17/32, glue them together.
Posted Image
Make a 4in length of 19/32 and flare out one end with pliers
Posted Image
Make a 4in length of 1/2in.
Assemble the pieces like you would an angel breech

Take the piece that the dart tooth goes into and sand down a ridge where my finger is.
Posted Image
Take your barrel and wrap it in e-tape until it is snug in the piece from above and glue it in,
but make sure the breech cover can still go over it fully.
Posted Image

Now chop off the back of the stock breech tube so your brass can fit in it like this.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Make sure it is the complete assembly is 7 inches long.
To kill some dead space take some 15/32 brass, wrapped in e-tape, and shove it in the back until it rests on the breech cover.
Posted Image

Make the connection from the stock barrel to the breech cover like an angel breech; there is no exact measurements just make sure it all fits and closes fully.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Open that up and fill it with hotglue and put it back together.

#2 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

Put some padding on the plunger and boltsled.
Posted Image

If you don't have a RFDG spring put a 1/2in segment of 3/4 thin wall pvc on the plunger tube.
Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2 Integration.

Put you air tank in the scope and have a trigger too.(isn't it always funny the one picture that gets lost is the one hardest to get again)

Cut your stock like so
Posted Image
and the gray piece
Posted Image
you'll have to sand it down to fit a 3k pump in.
Cut the pump shaft down and put some 1/2in pvc over it. Glue it down
Posted Image

Put bars on the pump tube so it can't fall out.
Posted Image

Close up the stock and connect the tubing and your done.

OR...
Cut the shell,
Posted Image
glue your pump in,
Posted Image
Cut off the auto-rotation tab from the pump,
Posted Image
Drill and tap a hole in the handle I used 6-32 and a 1 1/4 screw.
Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3 Grip mod

I did this because I didn't like the handle.

Cut the stock handle like so.
Posted Image
Then cut some pvc like this
Posted Image
super glue/hotglue/epoxy putty them together.
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

Part 4 Pictures and ranges.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
For the raider it is 60-70, it does better with lighter darts i.e. single bb.
The At3k gets 80-90, but its unplugged and I f****ed up the pump, so I need a new one.
I replaced the pump with a sm3k and it isn't messed up and the ranges went up.

If your wondering why the breech opens so much it's because I originally planned to use streamlines with this, but angel breeches hate stock darts with a passion.

#4 Fredo

Fredo

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

Very nice. Finally someone writes-up on who to convert Angel Breechs for reverse plungered guns. Everything looks extremely well done. I applaud you sir. You are one very productive member.

Edited by Fredo, 07 November 2009 - 06:49 PM.

22:24 Mr_BadWrench wait, you have a name that makes it possible for talio to seduce a woman?

22:25 Mr_BadWrench whats your name? john holmes?

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

So it's a 1-pump 3k?

Edit:

I applaud you sir. You are becoming one very productive member.

Who the fuck are you and who shoved a crown up your ass?

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 07 November 2009 - 01:52 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 Fredo

Fredo

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

A royal fat ass who felt like saying that. Sorry, not trying to mess up your thread.
22:24 Mr_BadWrench wait, you have a name that makes it possible for talio to seduce a woman?

22:25 Mr_BadWrench whats your name? john holmes?

#7 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image

....Nice.

Overall, great writeup. The only problem in my opinion is that if you want to go all out with darts on someone, then it gets very difficult to do so because of the pressure of the AT3K pump/tank setup. In addition, you could create a leak by pumping it (the raider) too many times and not firing the AT3K tank. But like I said before, overall, it looks great.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 07 November 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#8 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

That's a pretty good deal on the raider, and nice mod. The only thing I'm missing to do this is the brass and LS scope.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#9 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Zorn's Lemma- It takes about 2 pumps to fully prime the 3k

cheesypiza001-That's super glue and brass cuts on my fingers I received to give this gun to everyone. If I use a six shot stefan clip I can use the 3k as a hold out while I'm reloading, and If I don't shoot it then I'll just take a pot shot.

#10 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

Pump in the stock: LOVE it! I thought about jamming a pump in an LS stock but the logistics were poop, but you made this look like a no-brainer.

*switches on ass-crown machine*

Nice work, I formally convey my acknowledgment of your contribution.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#11 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Zorn's Lemma- It takes about 2 pumps to fully prime the 3k

cheesypiza001-That's super glue and brass cuts on my fingers I received to give this gun to everyone. If I use a six shot stefan clip I can use the 3k as a hold out while I'm reloading, and If I don't shoot it then I'll just take a pot shot.

So the 3k can't be used while you still have darts in the mag because you'll be shotgun loading.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#12 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

So the 3k can't be used while you still have darts in the mag because you'll be shotgun loading.

I can use the 3k every 2 shots, since it takes 2 pumps to prime it.

#13 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

Very nice, the integration is pretty clean, despite logistics of priming and pumping.

Would you say the brass breach significantly added range, then?
It seemed like the last brass'd one did not, but these ranges loot a lot better. I'm considering getting a raider then (especially if it comes with a second clip, even though none of my other guns take it...), and I feel if you can squeeze 60-70' out of it, without springs in the stock, it could be a decent primary, with the ROF.

#14 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Very nice, the integration is pretty clean, despite logistics of priming and pumping.

Would you say the brass breach significantly added range, then?
It seemed like the last brass'd one did not, but these ranges loot a lot better. I'm considering getting a raider then (especially if it comes with a second clip, even though none of my other guns take it...), and I feel if you can squeeze 60-70' out of it, without springs in the stock, it could be a decent primary, with the ROF.

I would say that the breech was too much work to go through. It adds a little range compared to a fully modded one with a stock breech yet it drastically reduces ROF, since it takes away the drum magazine, and slam fire.

If I was to do it again I probably would invest a lot of time into making the stock breech as near perfect as can be, instead of making the brass breech because right now this is essentially a weak Angel Breeched Longshot.

I tried putting some springs in the stock but even with some beasty catch springs it just won't work, but if you used the stock spring you'll probably be able to add some springs in the back.

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:10 AM

Nice, but nothing you can say will convince me that that raider is hitting 60 to 70 feet consistently without an angle, wind, hill etc. I was actually going to at some point integrate a pump into my stock when I realized how easy it was to hold down the release and slide it back and forth (if you sig this please don't make a whole post about it). I was gonna use a BS tank or something to replace the stock air deliver system. Nice execution on that bit of it.

#16 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Good work! Did you leave the OPRV unplugged because it would come in handy now as you wouldn't need to take a shot every 2 times you fire the raider.
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#17 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm not sure if someone has already said this because I didn't read every post, but it would be a GREAT idea to cut off the stock pump thing in the front, and hotglue/epoxy on a modded nitefinder. Kinda like the nitefinder integratsions for the BBB. That way it would be 3 guns. A fast firing raider, a long distance 2k/3k, and a sidearm all in one!

#18 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

First off, I'd like to say....SCORE! I got mentioned!.....OK, now that that's out of the way, nice mod. I did a similar breech on my raider, and it works just fine with streamlines, without reduced ROF and its drum mag capable. As soon as I get a working camera, I'll put up some pics and a video so maybe some fine tuning can be done. Also, interesting 2K addition, but I like not having external tubing. Nothing personal against your mod, its just a preference. For a backup, I simply bolted an Eliminator in place of the priming fore-grip. I still get a vertical fore-grip, along with a backup shot!
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users