a fun little short video

11 replies to this topic

#1 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Check it out. Luck or skill?

(oh and for all of you people who are going to say "she must have tried a bunch of times to get it", I have the continuous shot footage still. Got it on the 4th try. If people want to see it I can upload the continuous shot.)

-Kdizzle

Edited by kdizzle1533, 06 November 2009 - 07:12 PM.

...yea girls nerf too...

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

It was a good shot, but I used to do the same with with mega shooters only I would do it in the other direction and not quite that much. It was more of a little toss you would do with the xbow to give it a little extra range. I can still hit shit better doing that then I can with a tricked out plusbow.

On another note, why does every youtube video I see with nerf guns play Drowning Pool? Seriously, no need for super aggressive music when we're playing with toy guns.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Zax can curve a dart. It went around my head and into OMC's tooth. I was a meat shield.

I hate that song though.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 Fredo

Fredo

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

It was a nice shot, but like Echna and Talio said, why is there that song on almost all nerf videos. It makes this hobby look even more stupid next to the fact that were playing with toy guns.
22:24 Mr_BadWrench wait, you have a name that makes it possible for talio to seduce a woman?

22:25 Mr_BadWrench whats your name? john holmes?

#5 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yes, a dart can be curved - with a streamline, lol.

Waving your arm while firing doesn't mean your dart is curving, you're probably still firing in a straight line. Try shooting around a corner.

Others: I believe that song is placed in the video from YouTube's audio swap function (swapping the audio because they embedded a song from their iTunes that was copyrighted). That song is almost always one of the top selections for swapping - so it's the first one to be seen by the user. The ad next to the video is placed there when you swap it out so Google can profit from the video - only reason it could be there because I can't imagine this user being a partner (no offense).

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Others: I believe that song is placed in the video from YouTube's audio swap function (swapping the audio because they embedded a song from their iTunes that was copyrighted). That song is almost always one of the top selections for swapping - so it's the first one to be seen by the user. The ad next to the video is placed there when you swap it out so Google can profit from the video - only reason it could be there because I can't imagine this user being a partner (no offense).

Another thing that could have happened: Different songs/artists have different agreements with youtube. Some will require their song to be wiped from a vid. Others will just require the ad.

But you are right in that there is the audioswap side to it as well. I know though that songs I've put up just get an ad, and other get the audio disabled. I'm guessing for this vid this was the chosen music, because it goes along with the vid.

Edited by TantumBull, 07 November 2009 - 12:20 AM.

#7 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

To clear the air, I didn't even think twice about the song at all. When I was filming the video I was playing Transform You by Chris Brown. It was pretty loud and came through clear on the video. Like my past experiance with my mega missile video, I didnt want my video deleted because of a copyright issue with the chris brown song. When I hit the "audio swap" button I applied the frist song I saw. So no, I'm not emo and no I'm not tring to make nerfers look stupid.
...yea girls nerf too...

#8 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

Have you guys never seen a bad dart curve randomly?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#9 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

That doesn't appear to be a dart curve, just good timing.
Now if the shot happened outside with high winds, I'd say the dart got an external push to curve the dart.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#10 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

It was a good shot, but I used to do the same with with mega shooters only I would do it in the other direction and not quite that much.

It's not impossible... I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home. And they're not much bigger than two meters.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#11 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:43 AM

I freaking love that song man! It's my ringtone on my phone!

But a target Like that isn't all that hard to hit. I use my old pokemon cards for targets, since I have no other use for them.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#12 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:20 AM

Not here to hijack your thread, Kdizzle, but you should come to the Bay Area war next weekend. Bring people.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users