New Homemade Darts

Made and tested...

2 replies to this topic

#1 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:46 PM

I based the following dart on the topic "Current Darts", especially on GunnedDown's description.
Posted Image (You may need to copy/paste the link. Sorry!)
[EDIT] muttermutter... http://www.geocities...StrawStefan.jpg [/edit]
The dart has the usual BB stuck in a hole and then hot glued in, except it is on the back of the 1/2 in. FBR section. Stuck in the hole around the BB is a 2 in. section of straw. Here are the test results, compared with traditional stefans:
With my Nitefinder, de-restricted but with stock barrel:
stefans: 29' to 32' straw darts: 11' to 13'
With my AT3K, 4' copper barrels:
stefans: 18' to 28' straw darts: 14.5' to 18'
With my Blastfire, stock but with a cool paint job:
stefans: 25' to 32' straw darts: 0' to 2.5'
I would guess that they would work better if the straw was 1/2 in. OD, rather than 1/4 in. OD. I've given some of the test darts to Nerfer16, who is going to test them with his AT2Ks and his 1K.

Edited by Techno-Dann, 19 March 2004 - 01:48 PM.

Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:16 PM

Kudos for the solid testing! Seems like the design needs some work if it's going to outclass stefans.

Moving to Homemades...
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hey, that sounds pretty cool!

Yeah, I've been experimenting with new darts. I have a lot of stock micros left over from the guns that I've bought, and I didn't like to see them just sitting there.
I took some outside and ripped the purple suctions off. I put a little hot glue into the hole in the center. I put the weight into the hot glue already there, and then put a little more glue on top of the weight. They work really well in PETG, although I haven't got the distance in relation to regular stefan micros.
For my homemade, I cut the suction cup part off a purple tip and shortened the purple rod that goes into the hole on stock darts. I made a regular stefan, but with less hot glue. I then shoved the purple cap onto the top of the stefan and made sure that the purple rod thing was glued in. These work really well in 1/2 PVC, as the purple cap is wider than the 1/2 stefan.

<edit> Link won't work. Nor will copy and paste. </edit>

Edited by Ice Nine, 19 March 2004 - 07:26 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users