Photo

Heeelllp! Ignore-problem Solved

my FF turret integrated BBB is getting stock mab. ranges!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hey all,

As the title states, I just slapped a FF turret onto my BBB (according to Assasing Nf's mod) and it's now getting terrible, horrible, no good ranges. My other BBB with 1.5 #49 springs from ACE can take an eye out from 60-70 feet but it gets terrible ROF.

Here's a link to what AssassinNf did: (hope it works...)

http://nerfhaven.com...=ST&f=2&t=17031

I was thinking: AssasinNf said he used a BBB spring AND half of a +bow spring. Maybe that's my problem-Maybe I don't have enough oomph behind the dart. If so, would 1.5 #49 ACE springs do the trick?
Also, I DID seal my gun with some foam on the polycarb. peice so that's not the problem.

Any and all feddback, wisdom, advice is welcome,

Whisper...

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!!! It was a combination of the seal not being quite sturdy enough and alos the spring was not strong enough as I expected. Thank you all who have taken the time to resond and help!

Whisper...

Edited by Whisper101, 25 October 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#2 ricochet rebels

ricochet rebels

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I`m going to say this so no one else has to: Pictures of YOUR BLASTER would help, And may be necessary, for us to help you figure out whats wrong.

#3 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Check the seal everywhere between the plunger tuba and the turret. Make sure nothing is restricting airflow. You could also try rebarreling the turret.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#4 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

What I don't understand, is why you couldn't just make an RSCB clip for it. The clip holds 5-6 darts and really helps the ROF on the BBB. The clip doesn't require much modding skill at all!

Edited by Noodleownz, 24 October 2009 - 12:54 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#5 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

What I don't understand, is why you couldn't just make an RSCB clip for it. The clip holds 5-6 darts and really helps the ROF on the BBB. The clip doesn't require much modding skill at all!

Or even better: make one of these! They don't look particularly hard to make. I haven't tested them out/made one, but I think Beaver used one on his +bow, so I'm assuming they'd work on your BBB.

Edit: Beav did use it.

Posted Image <---He's the one with the cap.

I think that's the same thing as in the link. If it's not, I don't see why it wouldn't work on your BBB, unless it delivers air super slow.

Another Edit: Zorn said that the hopper clip doesn't work so well on BBB here. So I guess you could do it, but I dunno how much it would help anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like the turret mod too, but this is more simple and easier to do.

Oh, and sorry about the big pic, it was the best view of it I could find, and I don't know how to resize. -_- If you want me to take it out, I can.

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 25 October 2009 - 01:21 PM.

John Hancock

#6 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

First of all, I would suggest only making one topic about your BBB w/ Firefly turret so that people can see the information others have provided. Second, just post pictures. As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." So just post some pics.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 24 October 2009 - 01:48 PM.

#7 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

Maybe you didn't use the integral polycarbonate brace.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users