wanting to get a writeup posted but...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hey all,

I was looking at AssasinNF's FF turret mod (under Firefly in the directory) Hope the link works...

http://nerfhaven.com...ST&f=2&t=17031

and I have a few questions before attemting this on my BBB.

1.) When one says "Coupler your gun" for a BBB, what size PVC coupler are they reffering to?

2.) In the writeup, AssassinNF use a peice of polycarb sheet w/a 3/8" hole drilled in it to enhance the seal of the gun. Would using rubber work the same way? If not, what else besides polycarb etc. would?

*ALSO*

In order to further improve my BBB, I have contemplated chopping off the foregrip and replacing it with a Maverick. I would ideally like to make the Mav element detachable. My ideas:

1.) REALLY STRONG Magnets - the farther fetched of the 2 ideas

2.) 2 snaps, such as those that you would find on a coat. the male end could be screwed into the BBB and rhe Female ends into the Mav. Thus, rendering the Mav detachable. The only problem is wil it hold?

#2 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

1. 1/2 inch pvc coupler
2. Im not sure.
3. That might work.
4. I dont think that would be able to hold on while you prime the Maverick.
Instead of haveing it removable why dont you Epoxy Putty it on perminantly.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#3 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

2. I used aluminum because I did not have polycarbonate at the time. You can also use wood. However, I would not suggest using a rubber washer. I have not had good experiences with them. I used foam from a cut up red BBB arrow. The seal is now air tight.

As for your question concerning the detachable Maverick, I would suggest using industrial grade velcro. It's strong, doesn't take up any space when the Mav is detached, and its application requires little time and effort.

EDIT: If you do end up epoxy puttying it, here's a few good pics of how Zerves did that.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 20 October 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#4 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

2. I used aluminum because I did not have polycarbonate at the time. You can also use wood. However, I would not suggest using a rubber washer. I have not had good experiences with them. I used foam from a cut up red BBB arrow. The seal is now air tight.

As for your question concerning the detachable Maverick, I would suggest using industrial grade velcro. It's strong, doesn't take up any space when the Mav is detached, and its application requires little time and effort.

EDIT: If you do end up epoxy puttying it, here's a few good pics of how Zerves did that.

Velcro??? Please explain. I am very curious to hear how velcro is able to hold on to a Mav that will be used for priming a BBB. Also; thanks for the pics. Not exactly what I had in mind - I was going to attatch the mav right side up so I'd be able to use the handle and I'd take off the cocking mech. and just cock it with a string or LS handle or something. I like the idea of part of a BBB arrow but which, in your opinion works the best/is the most airtight: BBB arrow foam, aluminum, or wood?

Thanks very much,

Whisper...

#5 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Velcro??? Please explain. I am very curious to hear how velcro is able to hold on to a Mav that will be used for priming a BBB. Also; thanks for the pics. Not exactly what I had in mind - I was going to attatch the mav right side up so I'd be able to use the handle and I'd take off the cocking mech. and just cock it with a string or LS handle or something. I like the idea of part of a BBB arrow but which, in your opinion works the best/is the most airtight: BBB arrow foam, aluminum, or wood?

Thanks very much,

Whisper...

Industrial grade velcro is very strong, however if you are going to use any spring other than the stock one, I would not suggest using velcro.

Using just Polycarbonate or aluminum or wood as a sealer won't do anything. You must also use a sealer such as foam or a rubber washer. What you use behind the sealer really makes no difference, though I would NOT use something like cardboard.

#6 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

Industrial grade velcro is very strong, however if you are going to use any spring other than the stock one, I would not suggest using velcro.

Using just Polycarbonate or aluminum or wood as a sealer won't do anything. You must also use a sealer such as foam or a rubber washer. What you use behind the sealer really makes no difference, though I would NOT use something like cardboard.
[/quote]

Well, seems as if I'll have to check this industrial grade velcro out! I'm getting pretty good ranges with the stock spring so it shouldn't be a problem...

In terms of the sealing, the aluminum or wood, etc. needs to be supplemented with foam or the rubber washer? In AssassinNf's mod, all he used was polycarb. sheeting. Confusing; in your last post you advised against rubber washers.... Please explain.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#7 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

Oh. I didn't realize that he only used polycarbonate. Anyway, I used aluminum, cut to the same size as the polycarbonate with a bit of the foam gooped on the end. Time for a picture...

Posted Image

It may not look like it, but the foam is pushing hard up against the back of the turret in order to form an airtight seal. I also lubed it with lithium grease.

#8 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

Oh. I didn't realize that he only used polycarbonate. Anyway, I used aluminum, cut to the same size as the polycarbonate with a bit of the foam gooped on the end. Time for a picture...

Posted Image

It may not look like it, but the foam is pushing hard up against the back of the turret in order to form an airtight seal. I also lubed it with lithium grease.

So obviuosly you have a FF turret strapped onto your BBB. And the foam doesn't hinder the manual rotation of the turret?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#9 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:56 AM

(Picture)

So obviuosly you have a FF turret strapped onto your BBB. And the foam doesn't hinder the manual rotation of the turret?

Thanks,

Whisper...

No, the foam does not hinder the manual rotation of the turret. Like I .have said multiple times, it forms an airtight seal with the back of the front half of the turret.

#10 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

[/quote]

No, the foam does not hinder the manual rotation of the turret. Like I .have said multiple times, it forms an airtight seal with the back of the front half of the turret.
[/quote]

Okay, great!

I'm definitely going to try this now. Thank you VERY much cheesypizza001. I'm going to get the mat'ls and get started on a writeup right away!

Whisper...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users