Photo

Is The Lanard Shotgun Worth It?

I saw it on Uin13's most recent contract. Is it worth the money?

23 replies to this topic

#1 NerfPancakes

NerfPancakes

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I saw on Uin13's newest vid the modded lanard shotgun. It looks beast, however I'm not sure how hard the mod is. 1: Is the gun worth buying? And 2: Could a somewhat simple modder mod it if I tried my best?

P.S. I want it to be my primary, replacing my raider hitting 60-80 ft. I prefer more close quarters weapons. I also have a bbb spring and others to put in the shot gun if you say it's worth it.

P.S.S Sorry I can't stop typing but also what is it's average range modded?
the only problem is, the scope is filled with roach bodies and roach crap.

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Yes, Yes and 70~90
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'll be getting the contract, along with him getting the one I'm making for him, and this I can say:

1)Yes. 15$ + shipping is a fantastic deal for what the gun is worth.

2)Yes. Its a fairly simple mod, if you want simple mods. This kind of goes along for everything, but for this gun its quite exceptional: Basic AR removal, put on a coupler, increase springs + new seal, and if you want a little "challenge" increase draw. All are extremely easy .

This is not a close quarters weapon unless you have an inline clip/RSCB. Its a long range shooter, and its a 1 shot deal. Pump, shoot, pump, shoot, so on and so forth.

Range depends on mods, but from 90-???. This basically all depends on dart fit inside your barrels and how much draw/power you have behind it.

I hope this helps!

#4 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Yes it is worth it. I went to apoc, Mr BadWrench had one with cpvc barrels. It shot about 85 to 95 feet. Infact Ice 'uin13' bought it from him. I watched his video. He opened it up and made some little inprovements. If you ask me, IT IS WORTH IT trust me.

Edited by faddle, 19 October 2009 - 07:50 PM.

NERFSTRONG#114

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yes it is worth it. I went to apoc, Mr BadWrench had one with cpvc barrels. It shot about 80 to 85 feet.

It is now in the possession of Ice, and I think it went further than 85ft.

My only problem with it is trying to find springs that fit in it. +Bow springs don't work.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

Galaxy, try a [k25]. I know for sure they fit, I'm using one. I believe its the "little brother" to the [k26], or the +bow. I'm probably wrong on my terminology, and if so please correct me.

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

The blaster I brought to Apoc had a stock LS spring in it in combination with the stock lanard shotgun spring.

the only thing is you have to make sure the spring is short enough that when the blaster is not primed the spring does not put pressure on the barrel to turret seal... the second one I built I used a really old LS sping and it was too long, it made the blaster hard to prime and the blaster eventually chewed up the barrel to turret seal.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#8 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

Galaxy, try a [k25]. I know for sure they fit, I'm using one. I believe its the "little brother" to the [k26], or the +bow. I'm probably wrong on my terminology, and if so please correct me.

You are correct, the [k25] is the wider "little brother" of the [k26]. If I can recall correctly, you're only looking at about a 10% reduction in lbs/in.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#9 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,071 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

You are correct, the [k25] is the wider "little brother" of the [k26]. If I can recall correctly, you're only looking at about a 10% reduction in lbs/in.

The [k25] is closer to 25% weaker, but it works well along with the stock sprign.

#10 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

I have a PAS spring in mine, as well as the stock spring, and I think and NF or crossbow sping, or something of a similar size, not a very strong one. With plunger draw to the 9th click, it hits 130' flat. I do have video proof of this in the modification video I just did on it. I wouldn't say it's hard to mod, but the plunger extension isn't easy. It's a very fun mod though. I thouroly enjoyed it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

Go with the turreted shotgun if you want a good balance of high range and decent RoF. 5" barrels and stock everything else and you should be good to go.

If you're feeling ambitious, you can put rear loading on it, but that will require expanding the stock plunger/turret seal.

If you're really feeling ambitious, you can try building a Man Cannon, which will outrange all the hand cannons/sawed-off shotguns I've seen and give you an extra 4 barrels.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#12 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

If you're really feeling ambitious, you can try building a Man Cannon, which will outrange all the hand cannons/sawed-off shotguns I've seen and give you an extra 4 barrels.

Is the Man Cannon just the one Ice9 made and what the hell did HE do to it
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#13 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

I have a Hand Cannon spring and a BBB spring in my blaster and I've re-enforced almost everything on it. I'm maxing out at almost 150 with an RSCB (6 shots). I love it so much. It only took moderate skills to complete.
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#14 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

Is the Man Cannon just the one Ice9 made and what the hell did HE do to it

I don't know where he got "An extra 4 barrels" from, it looks like a standard turreted hand cannon with 12'' or close to 12'' CPVC barrels with most likely some sweet plunger head mods and spring upgrades.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#15 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

I don't know where he got "An extra 4 barrels" from

I meant 4 times the barrels.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."

#16 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

I have a Hand Cannon spring and a BBB spring in my blaster and I've re-enforced almost everything on it. I'm maxing out at almost 150 with an RSCB (6 shots). I love it so much. It only took moderate skills to complete.

No you aren't. There is NOT enough volume or force in that plunger system to accommodate a minimum of 27cc of dead space and still achieve 150 feet. That would also assume you have PERFECTLY built darts, which is rather unlikely. Stop lying on the internet to look cool.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#17 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

No you aren't. There is NOT enough volume or force in that plunger system to accommodate a minimum of 27cc of dead space and still achieve 150 feet. That would also assume you have PERFECTLY built darts, which is rather unlikely. Stop lying on the internet to look cool.

ok
#1 I don't need to prove anything to you. You can believe me or not but I don't really care either way
#2 don't rope me into that group of 8 year olds that angle their nitefinders and say they can hit 100 feet with simple AR removal
#3 I'm not saying that every shot hits 150 I'm saying the first shot with a low amount of deadspace hits around 150
#4 Regardless if I'm making up ranges or not this is still a great gun and can be modded to that potential. I am sure of that.
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#18 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:14 AM

#1 I don't need to prove anything to you. You can believe me or not but I don't really care either way
#2 don't rope me into that group of 8 year olds that angle their nitefinders and say they can hit 100 feet with simple AR removal
#3 I'm not saying that every shot hits 150 I'm saying the first shot with a low amount of deadspace hits around 150
#4 Regardless if I'm making up ranges or not this is still a great gun and can be modded to that potential. I am sure of that.

#1 Then stop posting and gtfo and go nerf.
#2 We don't need to rope you in there. You're standing on a soapbox in the center of the crowd.
#3 When I nail your mom with the first shot in her eye, she gets a 150 on the decibel scale.
#4 Not if it's modded by you and your 8 yr-old NF cult.

#19 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

NerfPancakes sorry for hijacking your thread. Regardless of "bs" ranges I can atest that the Hand Cannon is an amazing gun and can be easily modded to become a fantastic primary.

To Zorn's Lemma and Draconis I'm sorry to get you guys all worked up over those ranges.
-Banshee

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

You know, we so frequently jump all over members for the wrong kind of behavior, and yet we never really give credit to people going out of there way to avoid mucking up the boards. Whether or not you believe the ranges L3G10N has posted, he took that criticism with a level of maturity I can barely fathom given the setting. I mean, I want to invent 3 new ways to call someone gay just to break the tension.

#21 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

My hand cannon has the same spring setup as L3G10N, has a horrible seal due to simply e-taping a 1/2 foot of pvc and sticking it down the stock barrel, and I'm pretty sure the megas it fires still go about 60 feet. I'm inclined to believe his claims, but it's always useful to either videotape or take a blaster to a war for some independent verification.

And if I am wrong, then I guess some guy I'll never meet in real life tricked me about a toy.

↓ I don't own a PAS, but it seems like the Hand Cannon is put together more sturdily. I haven't bothered reinforcing mine yet and I doubt it will break anytime soon.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 21 October 2009 - 12:00 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#22 Fredo

Fredo

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

So I take it that it is an all over better gun than the PAS?
22:24 Mr_BadWrench wait, you have a name that makes it possible for talio to seduce a woman?

22:25 Mr_BadWrench whats your name? john holmes?

#23 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:34 AM

So I take it that it is an all over better gun than the PAS?

I definitely think so. It is/has:

Sturdier
Cheaper
More comfortable (nice big ergonomic handle)
Variable power levels
Looks less realistic (good thing)
Easier to mod

#24 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

You know, we so frequently jump all over members for the wrong kind of behavior, and yet we never really give credit to people going out of there way to avoid mucking up the boards. Whether or not you believe the ranges L3G10N has posted, he took that criticism with a level of maturity I can barely fathom given the setting. I mean, I want to invent 3 new ways to call someone gay just to break the tension.

Another Effeminate quote from Vacc :P
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users