31 replies to this topic

#26 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

I need to learn trig......

And I just didn't understand what they were for, I guess I didn't ask my question clearly enough. The reason I want to know how far apart the are with a given radius is so I can space them along the circumfrence of the barrel centers evenly. Unless anyone has a sugestion on how to do that.

Ah, sorry. I thought you had said you were using CAD. If you're doing it by hand then maybe that would be the way to go, though I think using a protractor would be much easier and more accurate.

I am using cad... I guess you mean there is some way to do it on the software, I guess I'm not familiar with it then.

#27 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

Maybe use this if you're using a turret that your calipers won't reach far enough with?

Oh god I don't have my turret machined down to the micrometer whatever shall I do? How I can mount my manta on my crossbow now?

Jesus dude, I just like my PETG to not be bent, whether or not it affects performance.

I need to learn trig......

And I just didn't understand what they were for, I guess I didn't ask my question clearly enough. The reason I want to know how far apart the are with a given radius is so I can space them along the circumfrence of the barrel centers evenly. Unless anyone has a sugestion on how to do that.

Ah, sorry. I thought you had said you were using CAD. If you're doing it by hand then maybe that would be the way to go, though I think using a protractor would be much easier and more accurate.

I am using cad... I guess you mean there is some way to do it on the software, I guess I'm not familiar with it then.

Use the rotation function or equivalent.

#28 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Use the rotation function or equivalent.

I seriously doubt you can rotate around an axis before you know where that axis is located.

Umm, that's the whole purpose of the equations I gave.

#29 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

This is confusing me a little-- I think I'm just going to learn trig so I'll understand.

#30 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

sm3k 11/16"

center axis to barrel center, OR barrel center to barrel center (it's the same only for turrets with exactly six barrels)

Last time I checked, my 3k had eight barrels. The correct measurement should be 21/16".

#31 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

And that's axis to center?

#32 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts