Insert stupid juvinile name here

14 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

So because everyone on this site feels the need to post modification threads with name like "The Poop Shoot 4000", "Desecration" and "Jim", I realized it's gonna get hard for noobs to find the gun they're searching for. Not to mention, it's really fucking annoying when you're looking through the active topics only to see 12 mod threads and you don't realize what a single one is by looking at it. Am I gonna see a new gun modded or am I gonna see another fucking 1500 strapped to the side of your mom's strap on? I don't know, but I should.

So from now on, when you want to post a new mod you need to put the whole name of the gun in the title, spelled correctly. If you insist on putting your stupid gun name, do it in title description or the main post. So it should look like this:

Topic Title: Crossbow with integrated gerbil on a string
Topic Title: Richard Gere Fucker

So there you have it. Honestly if you're COMPLETELY OUTRAGED BY THIS STUPID SHIT! Don't post it. Nobody cares. If we do this, maybe new guys will actually be able to come on here and find what they're looking for.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

Smart.

I mean, if you really need a name there's still a place for one, but the basic outline of what's in the thread and what people should expect to see when they open it is prominent.

Fine with me.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#3 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Exactly! This is why the search function doesn't work. because you dumbfucks are not being descriptive in the titles of your threads. If you want your posts to come up when someone searches for ****** blaster then that should be in the title. I also can't stand the "help me" threads that say only that or some variant of that as the title rather then what they actually need help with. Myself I usually ignore those threads. Especially the ones that say "URGENT EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!!!" and nothing more. This is nerf, reality of it is there is nothing that is "Urgent" about this hobby.

Topic Title: Crossbow with integrated gerbil on a string
Topic Title: Richard Gere Fucker

Talio.

Oh BTW Talio Is that the blaster your going to enter to the modding contest?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 15 July 2009 - 03:25 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, the help threads are gonna be the next thing enforced, but the kids who are fucking this up are best to get used to one thing at a time. Wouldn't want to overload anyone's fragile brain.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

First I would like to start off by saying that I have looked thoroughly all over NH and haven't found the answer to my question.

I've done this one time myself, and have seen it countless times before. If this could be applied to all previous modifications, people wouldn't have a hard time finding their way around. Although I think the Mod Directory covers most of the useful modifications and gives them an understandable title.

Edited by Chris is cool, 15 July 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#6 Jumping Nacho

Jumping Nacho

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

I don't have any complaints, sounds like a good idea actually.
"At that point I know it wasn't just a quest for survival, It was to catch 'em all. Every freakin' pokEmon out there!" - Ty Pickens

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

If we do this, maybe new guys will actually be able to come on here and find what they're looking for.

The Modification Directory takes care of this problem.
No matter what the gun was named by its creator, it is listed under the stock guns name and further listed under the company who makes it.

If we want to further help out noobs actually find the modification directory, the link titled "Modification" under "Site navigation" at the NH homepage should be changed to the modification directory.
All of those mods are added into the directory anyway.
Why have a half assed directory with cool thumbnail photos when we can have the whole thing for people to see on the front page.

I don't see it being a problem at all for guns that have write ups that are in the directory.
Any other posting showing off a mod would be in the modification/paint job pictures thread anyway.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 15 July 2009 - 10:41 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

It's not up for discussion. This is the rule from now on.

#9 Commander Cody

Commander Cody

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for the advice Talio, some of these dips need all the help they can get.
"An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates un-barred and un-guarded" -Space Marine Librarian

#10 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

If we do this, maybe new guys will actually be able to come on here and find what they're looking for.

No matter what the gun was named by its creator, it is listed under the stock guns name and further listed under the company who makes it.

If we want to further help out noobs actually find the modification directory, the link titled "Modification" under "Site navigation" at the NH homepage should be changed to the modification directory.
Why have a half assed directory with cool thumbnail photos when we can have the whole thing for people to see on the front page.

I don't see it being a problem at all for guns that have write ups that are in the directory.
Any other posting showing off a mod would be in the modification/paint job pictures thread anyway.

Yes, but you have missed some things, for example Zorn's big bad bow overhaul,(which, conveniently, had "big bad bow overhaul" as it's title, so it was easy to find) the triple nitefinder (which I have spend literally HOURS trying to find, using Google, yahoo, Nerfhaven search, etc.), and others.

Other than that though, I agree with you, especially about putting a link to the directory in the front page.

Edited by wing'd man, 17 July 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

If anyone finds I am missing links to the modification directory.
Pm me asap with a link to the mod that needs to be added.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Yes, but you have missed some things, for example Zorn's big bad bow overhaul,(which, conveniently, had "big bad bow overhaul" as it's title, so it was easy to find) the triple nitefinder (which I have spend literally HOURS trying to find, using Google, yahoo, Nerfhaven search, etc.), and others.

Other than that though, I agree with you, especially about putting a link to the directory in the front page.

Yea, if the modification directory replaced the "modifications" link on the left hand side, that would be very helpful since those modifications are already in the directory.
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#13 zander2

zander2

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

god dammit i hate noobs. and i dont mean all newbs, i just mean the stupid annoying ones that post shit like "the poop shoot 4000"... also, i wonder if anyone has integrated a crossbow with a gerbil on a string... :rolleyes:

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

You mean the kind of noobs who constantly post in old topics forcing you to close them even though you know full well in the future something useful could still be added? Noobs who can't help to post every single thought that passes through their peanut of a brain? Noobs who end up calling other noobs noobs and then saying that there's a difference? Yeah, I hate that too. Their replies look something like this:

god dammit i hate noobs. and i dont mean all newbs, i just mean the stupid annoying ones that post shit like "the poop shoot 4000"... also, i wonder if anyone has integrated a crossbow with a gerbil on a string... rolleyes.gif

And the worst part is they don't even know they're doing it. Man...I really hate those noobs.

Talio.

#15 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

I hate noobs but... I like turtles!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users