Which Blasters Use This Valve Setup

which foam missile blaster's use this valve setup

2 replies to this topic

#1 iknowmy3tables

iknowmy3tables

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

hi I'm new to the forum, I'm from spudfiles and my main hobby has been spudguns primarily pneumatic one's, however it's clearly not acceptable for college campus, so I've been focusing on nerf guns

so recently I was scrolling though the internals directory, and I noticed the single tube and bulky base on the big salvo and hornet blasters and recognized that they must work similar to a coaxial piston valve spudgun, or in other words somewhat like this Posted Image
which seams pretty exploitable for a cheap qev, what other big foam missile launchers use this piston valve setup, and if the venting valve is built in where can I mount my own trigger valve to trigger it instead.

Edited by iknowmy3tables, 19 February 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#2 iknowmy3tables

iknowmy3tables

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

thanks, I had a feeling a lot of them operated like that,

so in a back pressure valve system there is some sort of smaller valve that vents some of the air in the section behind the piston to trigger the valve, and spuddgunners usually call it the "pilot" valve, if I were to drill and attach my own pilot valve, which would probably be a modded blowgun where could I put it, or in other words where in general is the piston and the area behind it that is vented to trigger it (aka the pilot volume)

#3 iknowmy3tables

iknowmy3tables

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

thank's man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users