which one??? FF/Mav turret???

6 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hey guys,

I have searched high and low, near and far, and everywhere I look, I can't find two BBB barrel mods that are remotely alike. So I need your help.

Which is the best/most effective BBB barrel? I have seen AssassinNF's FF turret that he integrated onto his BBB. I would do this but I don't have a FF turret. If someone would sell me one at a decent price then I would certainly be very interested in it. I could also do a sort of breech barrel but i can't find brass or cpvc in the ID that fits the dart (Streamlines) well.

Also, would a Mav turret work like the FF turret if you stuck it on the end of a BBB? Those are more readily available to me.

I don't want to go crazy with the rate of fire as this project will primarily be used as a loser but a little extra ROF wouldn't hurt.

Any and all advice is much appreciated,

Whisper...

Edited by Whisper101, 11 October 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#2 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Hey guys,

I have searched high and low, near and far, and everywhere I look, I can't find two BBB barrel mods that are remotely alike. So I need your help.

Which is the best/most effective BBB barrel? I have seen AssassinNF's FF turret that he integrated onto his BBB. I would do this but I don't have a FF turret. If someone would sell me one at a decent price then I would certainly be very interested in it. I could also do a sort of breech barrel but i can't find brass or cpvc in the ID that fits the dart (Streamlines) well.

Also, would a Mav turret work like the FF turret if you stuck it on the end of a BBB? Those are more readily available to me.

I don't want to go crazy with the rate of fire as this project wil primarily be used as a loser but a little extra ROF wouldn't hurt.

Any and all advice is much appreciated,

Whisper...

I'm half way throught making a manual mav clip BBB. Just ran out of brass
Basically, the drum has 9/16th brass in it, and the BBB has 19/32 to accomodate the 9/16. It's a good fit.

#3 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

It depends on your playing style and dart fit. Cpvc fits stock darts pretty well, and if you don't want to rush a simple coupler and speed loader won't hurt. Oh and take a close look at your post. Specifically near the end. We have a filter on this site.

Edited by laxtk88, 10 October 2009 - 05:06 PM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#4 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

I like to use a gravity clip or RSCB on mine. The clip is fun for rushing and shotgun loading but I prefer RSCB. My advice is reinforce everything, pop in an industrial spring, universally couple it, and see what barrel you prefer.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#5 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

It depends on your playing style and dart fit. Cpvc fits stock darts pretty well, and if you don't want to rush a simple coupler and speed loader won't hurt. Oh and take a close look at your post. Specifically near the end. We have a filter on this site.

Uh gee, yeah, thanks. I sould probably edit that! I didn't even realze that I wrote that!

Thanks,

Whisper...

#6 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'm half way throught making a manual mav clip BBB. Just ran out of brass
Basically, the drum has 9/16th brass in it, and the BBB has 19/32 to accomodate the 9/16. It's a good fit.
[/quote]

Could you explain in more detail how the 19/32 accomodates the 9/16? I get how you rebarreled the Mav clip but what does the 19/32 in the BBB have to do with it?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#7 Jpec07

Jpec07

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

The 19/32 is 1/32 inch bigger in diameter than the 9/16, so while it does allow it to slide freely inside it, it is a very tight fit.

Regarding barrel materials, it really does come down to personal taste, and how much you're willing to spend. Being the cheapo that I am, I went with the basic crayola mod: I've got a crayola marker with a bunch of electrical tape wrapped around it and shoved inside the stock barrel acting as a replacement on my BBB. Works quite well for what I've got it doing, not to mention with how I've got it set up, I can still use the "missile" darts. I'm too lazy to make stefans, so I primarily use it to fire stock suckers with some pretty great results (still haven't done range testing, as I'm not done with the gun yet, but it does leave welts on exposed skin at around 10 feet). It also shows promise when using streamlines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users