Help, please.

5 replies to this topic

#1 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

Getting my second longshot tommorrow.

I tried an air restrictor removal with little research on my first Longshot, and shattered the bolt. After hours of micro gluing and reassembly, it was together, but wouldn't catch.

So. How should I do this mod?

After watching one of ice's older videos, he seperated the section starting with the pe to the 3-pronged stopper in the plunger tube, all from the main bolt where the dart enters.

Should I just pull and hope for that to work? Or his "you have to leave the center bar in for the dart to hold right" a load of BS?

If you have drilled out the peg and center bar, so you have a totally empty bolt, post and let me know. That would be easier, but I just don't know if it'll work.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#2 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Really? None of the existing LS mods answered this for you?

Go in from the back. Take long pliers and break the three prongs that hold the back of the ar in. The whole thing falls out. Its rather simple when you do it like that.
The prong is not necessary. And if you intend on using stefans it must be removed. Just like every other blaster that uses those stems or anything that would stop you from loading a dart. If you can't load a dart.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#3 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

I understand all of that. But should I just use a hammer and a long screwdriver to break out the whole peg assembly? I've heard from some people that if youbreak out the small horizontal peg that the normal peg sits on, that the dart won't sit right.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#4 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

I've used drill, and I've used a hammer (not on the same LS.) I would recommend the drill. Much easier, less chance of messing things up. However, if you use a hammer, brace the bolt head with a piece of something (I used some ©PVC I had lying around) in the plunger tube.
Fugly is a feature.

#5 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

Really? None of the existing LS mods answered this for you?

Go in from the back. Take long pliers and break the three prongs that hold the back of the ar in. The whole thing falls out. Its rather simple when you do it like that.

This is the method I use. It's very easy.

#6 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

I used the boiling water trick...
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users