Magstrike Clip Won't Go Up

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Mik

Sgt Mik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys. I have a problem with my Magstrike 3G (''Again!'' you will say). Here's the problem. I pump the bladder, drop in the clip and then i press on the trigger....nothing happens. The gun shoots but the clip won't rise. I checked the advancing tooth and it was chipped so I replaced it. Try the gun again, nothing. The clip only raises after I lift the clip one notch. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING. Please help me.

#2 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys. I have a problem with my Magstrike 3G (''Again!'' you will say). Here's the problem. I pump the bladder, drop in the clip and then i press on the trigger....nothing happens. The gun shoots but the clip won't rise. I checked the advancing tooth and it was chipped so I replaced it. Try the gun again, nothing. The clip only raises after I lift the clip one notch. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING. Please help me.

Pictures are going to help alot, drop by the internal pics thread to check if everything is in right.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

Check to see if the notch on the clip is broken. I had the exact same problem with mine.

#4 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

Make sure the back of your action looks like this

Posted Image

Edited by k9turrent, 08 October 2009 - 05:02 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#5 ricochet rebels

ricochet rebels

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

You say you replaced the advancing arm, and that if you pull it up a few notches it works, so I would say check the clip make sure its not broken; And yes pictures would help, mainly pictures of the plunger assembly and inside the clip chamber.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Have you tried it with a different clip?

#7 Sgt Mik

Sgt Mik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have checked all the clips and the internals are fine. Their is no need for pictures because the internals are fine. I think I will return the gun thius week end.

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

I have checked all the clips and the internals are fine. Their is no need for pictures because the internals are fine. I think I will return the gun thius week end.

Do that. Why bother fixing something when you can just return it and get a new one?

#9 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

I know now why NF are now 11 bucks at Target as opposed to the 5.50 they were last year.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#10 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

Obviously everything isn't fine, otherwise it'd work.

It's probably something stupid that you overlooked. Are the screws around the clip tight enough? Are all the "safety-lock" green parts put back correctly?

If it came broken before you opened it, that's one thing. If you fucked it up, then that's your responsibility and your responsibility alone. There's a reason you void expensive electronic shit's warranties when you open the case. It's because the general populace is too stupid to be mucking around in there. Maybe nerf guns should have similar policies too.

#11 Sgt Mik

Sgt Mik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

Obviously everything isn't fine, otherwise it'd work.

It's probably something stupid that you overlooked. Are the screws around the clip tight enough? Are all the "safety-lock" green parts put back correctly?

If it came broken before you opened it, that's one thing. If you fucked it up, then that's your responsibility and your responsibility alone. There's a reason you void expensive electronic shit's warranties when you open the case. It's because the general populace is too stupid to be mucking around in there. Maybe nerf guns should have similar policies too.

I have experience with MS modding and at first look everything looks just fine. It was broken out of the box. I opened it to check what the problem was.

#12 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

When my magstrike broke this tiny piece fell out. I opened the gun up and I did not know where the piece goes. So I sold my magstrike at apoc.

Edited by faddle, 10 October 2009 - 06:31 AM.

NERFSTRONG#114

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users