Photo

Tommy 20, Good Buy?

23 replies to this topic

#1 THE TEXAN

THE TEXAN

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

recently i have looked at the tommy 20 by buzzbee and want to know if buying it is a good idea, I have heard mixed reviews and wanted to see if any of y'all in the community have any experience with it

Link

any comments pertaining to the topic are appreciated

#2 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Whether you get it or not should be based off of your playing style. What type of games do you usually play?
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#3 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

I would generally say it is not a good-buy. It's pretty cool to play around with, but is not overly useful in actual games. Most darts other than Buzz-Bee darts tend to fall out of the barrels when it is pointed downwards or when running with it. Additionally, it doesn't get notable ranges or accuracy. That's just what I say from my experience but it's really up to you based on what you intend to use it for.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#4 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

It's probably the best gun. It it really good for snîping and gets like 120 feet stock out of the box, on full auto.

#5 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:11 PM

It's probably the best gun. It it really good for snîping and gets like 120 feet stock out of the box, on full auto.

↑This.

But on a serious note, Do not waste your money on the Tommy 20, their is extremely little modding potential, and even then it wont be that good.

#6 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

No.

(Oh By the way, if I can answer your question in one word, that usually means your incredibly thick.)
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#7 THE TEXAN

THE TEXAN

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

well, I'm not too big on modding, but i was kinda looking for a light support weapon, cuz my vulcan is big and clunky in battle

#8 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

well, I'm not too big on modding, but i was kinda looking for a light support weapon, cuz my vulcan is big and clunky in battle

Okay that tells us a lot more about your playing style. Don't buy a tommy 20. If you already have a vulcan than I'd recomend getting a supa splat and couplering it.

Edited by Bedhed117, 26 September 2009 - 09:29 PM.

Join the Revolution

#9 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Okay that tells us a lot more about your playing style. Don't buy a tommy 20. If you already have a vulcan than I'd recomend getting a supa splat and couplering it.

You fail. Let me draw you a simple diagram:
Vulcan ROF >>>>>>>>>> Supasplat ROF.

I'd recommend a berserker. It's just a little less heavy, but the way the grips are (as in location), It's much easier to carry.

Edited by 1337, 26 September 2009 - 09:51 PM.

Join the REVOLUTION!

#10 THE TEXAN

THE TEXAN

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

while this is all great advice, if it's not asking too much, links plz?

#11 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

while this is all great advice, if it's not asking too much, links plz?

Berserker@target
Join the REVOLUTION!

#12 THE TEXAN

THE TEXAN

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

thanks

#13 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

No.

(Oh By the way, if I can answer your question in one word, that usually means your incredibly thick.)

His incredibly thick what?

Nice glass house you've got there.

Please stop throwing stones at it, he's just renting one of mine.

Eh, if you get one, get the full auto. I wouldn't recommend one either way, but I hear the green (full-auto) one is best.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#14 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

They're not fantastic, but if you still want one I will sell you mine for cheap. PM me if you're interested.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#15 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

You fail. Let me draw you a simple diagram:

Vulcan ROF >>>>>>>>>> Supasplat ROF.

Thats exactly the point. A good pair of guns (in my opinion) has a good ROF, accuracy, ability to reload easily, and respectable range. The vulcan covers ROF but nothing else. Plus if he ends up shooting out his belts he's screwed.

Link to supa-splat: http://www.amazon.co...im/dscsite47-20

Join the Revolution

#16 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:18 AM

Didn't know you could mod a Supa Splat. Anyone care to explain to me or give me a link?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#17 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:47 AM

If you want a mid range, light support rapid fire weapon the best options are the RF20 and Magstrike/Iron Man NRP blasters:

RF20

Magstrike

Iron Man NRP

These are all fairly compact with a high Rate of fire, and decent range and good mod potential if you want to get into that route.

Of the other options that you could considerVulcan, Raider both hold a lot of ammo, but are likewise both underpowered. The firefly and recon has less ammo still and is again underpowered.

A highly modded longshot with the Raider's drum magazine might be useful but that's getting into building a primary weapon.

If you really want to get into primary land take one of these babies and do this and that to it. That should give you more than enough range, and a fairly fast rate of fire, and more then adequate ammount of ammo as well as quick reloading.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#18 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Everybody else has pretty much covered everything, but I will say this: If you do decide to get one, definitely turn it into a pistol.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#19 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

no way in hell you should buy one jams allot and has almost no modding capability
Nerf On!!!!!

#20 randomnerfninja

randomnerfninja

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

Spend ur money on something better...like a berserker
Nerf brings everyone together until a dart hits somebody in the eye. Then the hospital trip brings everyone together again.

Proud Oklahoman NERFer.

#21 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

thanks

/thread. He said its done.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#22 Jpec07

Jpec07

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

I may be a bit late on the reply, but honestly the Tommy 20 probably isn't going to be the best gun for your buck. For one, and this is just personal opinion, I don't like the enclosed barrels like that: they just take too long to reload. For two, it's battery operated, which means that you're going to be pouring money into batteries in the long run, which is just a bad investment. It's also my experience that electronics tend to be harder to modify, and that they also tend to die faster. For three, there's a new gun by Nerf, the N-Strike Rapid Fire Blaster CS-20.

Link

Target has it listed at $25.99, which is only $4.50 more expensive than the Tommy 20. The gun also appears to be more accurate, and while it probably has even less modding potential, from what I've seen, you won't need to do any modifications to it. And here's the kicker: it doesn't need batteries, and will clear all 20 shots faster than any other gun I've seen (easily beat out the Vulcan, though I don't know what the benchmark is).

EDIT: looks like everything I've said has already been said. x_x

Edited by Jpec07, 03 October 2009 - 01:16 AM.

#23 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

If we're talking about just flinging foam, electrics can be modded to hit over 300 rpm. Of course, everything you said about battery cost applies, and there's the wear-and-tear on the internals. RapidFire 20s empty their chambers in 3 seconds (and you can go nuts with the Eyes of Fire.)

Back to the Tommy, the thing I don't like about it is the base engine. Flywheel blasters really can't be modded to be anything decent. They can shoot fast, but their design limits how much accuracy you can have. And then there's the noise.
Fugly is a feature.

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

Oh for fucks sakes, this was wrapped up a week ago, why the fuck do I have to close every god damn topic so it doesn't stay on the new posts list for weeks after the person got their answer? Fuck! Why are people on the internet so fucking stupid?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users