Longshot Issue

darts keep falling out of the gun when tilted down

18 replies to this topic

#1 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

I want to know why my darts keep falling out of the barrel.

After modding my new longshot (simple AR removal and nitefinder spring addition no locks removed). I went outside to test it and the darts just fall out of the barrel when tilted down and when fired they don't go too far either (anywhere from 2-40 feet). I would assume that its either the dart tooth that was incorrectly moved or the darts just don't load far enough into the chamber or something like that but I've tried everything I can think of. I did search for this and I'm sure that there are topics about it somewhere but I haven't been able to find it. If people could just give me some suggestions of what my problem is and how I can fix it that'd be great.

Also on a sidenote I wanted to do heticorp's mod but all the pictures seem to be down is there any way to get those back because its a really great mod and I was really dissapointed when his 60 some pictures where unavialable for viewing.
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#2 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Are you sure everything is in the right place?

It might be that your dart tooth spring is missing or it doesn't go all the way up when you cock the gun.
So open-up your gun and check that out.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#3 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

The dart tooth doesn't seem to be going up all the way. Do you know how I fix this?

The setup seems identical to the diagram of the longshot that was posted by Captain Slug but it doesn't seem to be working the way its supposed to.
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#4 Zachfrog

Zachfrog

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

The dart tooth doesn't seem to be going up all the way. Do you know how I fix this?

The setup seems identical to the diagram of the longshot that was posted by Captain Slug but it doesn't seem to be working the way its supposed to.

I'd say try tweaking it oh so slightly. It might be bending out of place when you put the shell back on.
QUOTE(Lion @ Jun 11 2010, 03:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 11 2010, 04:44 PM) View Post

They didn't have monitors in 1920.

They did, They just called them Windows back then though.

#5 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

After opening the gun up another 3 times and slightly re-adjusting the dart tooth nothing seems to be working.
The dart tooth just doesn't seem to go up when the clip is put in and when the dart is being loaded. There isn't another spring used to bring the dart tooth up is there? Just the one spring that is visible when you open the gun up.
-Banshee

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

The dart tooth mechanism has one vertical extension spring which pulls it upwards. If that is missing, it won't work. If that's not the problem, you may have some alignment issues.

#7 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

The one tension spring is there but what do you mean by alignment issues? I've tried everything and I'm beginning to get flustered.
-Banshee

#8 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

Take some (macro) pictures of the dart tooth, (dont bother to post blurry ones they don't help) and post them here so we can see what is the issue.

#9 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

Suggestion:

1)Check your airseal. The dart tooth may not be the problem

2)Check your ddart fit. If darts are falling out the front then the darts are probably to loose.

3)Check to see if your dart tooth is backward, upside down, or crooked.

4)Try a different spring. If you have tons of spare parts lying around like I do, theen you might have grabbed the wrong spring.

Hope this helps. If not some pictures would be nice.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#10 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Suggestion:

2)Check your ddart fit. If darts are falling out the front then the darts are probably to loose.

4)Try a different spring. If you have tons of spare parts lying around like I do, theen you might have grabbed the wrong spring.

ok airseal seems solid teflon & e-tape are doing their job fairly effectively

since I didn't do a barrel replacement the faux barrel is obviously bigger than the darts and the boltsled seems to fit the darts fairly tightly

the dart tooth seems to be exactly the way captain slug's longshot images suggest it should be

Its certainly a NF spring but if this problem keeps up I may just add another spring or put some stronger spring in it

I reallt want to put some pics up but my camera is on the fritz and uploading from it has been a trip
-Banshee

#11 nerfitynerf

nerfitynerf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Suggestion:

ok airseal seems solid teflon & e-tape are doing their job fairly effectively

since I didn't do a barrel replacement the faux barrel is obviously bigger than the darts and the boltsled seems to fit the darts fairly tightly

the dart tooth seems to be exactly the way captain slug's longshot images suggest it should be

Its certainly a NF spring but if this problem keeps up I may just add another spring or put some stronger spring in it

I reallt want to put some pics up but my camera is on the fritz and uploading from it has been a trip

The problem could be the electrical and teflon tape. it could be too tight and slow down the plunger before it reaches all the way. I was experimenting with it yesterday when i was removing dead space.
However, as a general rule you want to make your guns as loud as possible to scare the shit out of people, and it also gives you a bigger e-penis.
-chefdave

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

If darts are falling out then it's a dart tooth/barrel issues.

Reassemble the gun without the bolt cover/jam door, prime it, and look at what's happening. It should be obvious where the issue is.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

Reassemble the gun without the bolt cover/jam door, prime it, and look at what's happening. It should be obvious where the issue is.

the issue is that the dart tooth isn't going up high enough
-Banshee

#14 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

Are you using stefans or stock darts?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#15 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:42 AM

Are you using stefans or stock darts?

the streamlines it came with
-Banshee

#16 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

Is it in the normal position when the gun is opened? Is it just never high enough?

That will tell you whether your dart tooth is fucked up somewhere or if you reassemble the gun wrong.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#17 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

Is it in the normal position when the gun is opened? Is it just never high enough?

That will tell you whether your dart tooth is fucked up somewhere or if you reassemble the gun wrong.

It just never moves. It's in the same position all the time (slightly above the opening but not enough to do anything)

Normally I know my way around guns but when it comes to longshots I'm very puzzled. I really appreciate everyone's help in attempting to fix my problem
-Banshee

#18 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

With the bolt back, looking down the barrel, the tooth should be up.

With the bolt forward (primed or not), looking down the barrel, the tooth should be down.

If it's not moving, then the spring is either missing, or not attached to screw. If doesn't help, take a pic of the area to the front of the magazine well of the right half of the LS once you've disassembled it (again ;) ) please.
Fugly is a feature.

#19 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Try to move the dart tooth manualy, maybe it is mis-alligned somewhere, or like tear kitty said not attached to a spring,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users