Photo

Longshot / Firefly Flash Integration

7 replies to this topic

#1 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Ok before any of you say this is stupid let me explain why I did it. There is a reason behind my madness. So imagine this: in a night time battle the flash can be used to disorientate people. it might give away your position but anyone in the area is disorientate for the next 30 seconds. Or picture this: you are about to charge someone hiding behind a corner (day or night) and u charge them, aim flash and fire. It will confuse/disorientate them (the flash and being hit hard by the longshot). I still can't figure out how to post pictures very well so here is video link ---------->

If you want me to explain how i did it i will gladly add on to this post. Thank you! And have a nice day :)
If you have any suggestions I am open to them.

Edited by bonsylrc, 29 September 2009 - 11:24 AM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ May 28 2009, 05:20 PM) View Post

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#2 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

This will be my first negative post, as I can find nothing positive about this idea.

Striving for innovation is one thing: purposefully attempting to BLIND people in a game played with plastic toy guns is cruel, selfish, mean, and above all unnecessary.

Would you do this in paintball? Airsoft? ANY game?!? Would you ACTUALLY try and blind someone to gain an advantage?

If you play with this in wars you host then that is up to you, but you better be prepared for someone to take a swing at you and break your little toy, followed by sympathy from no man or woman with any type of a head on their shoulders.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#3 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Striving for innovation is one thing: purposefully attempting to BLIND people in a game played with plastic toy guns is cruel, selfish, mean, and above all unnecessary.

Good point but the point of the flash is to disorientate the opponent not blind them sorry my bad. It was a poor choice of words on my part.

Edited by bonsylrc, 29 September 2009 - 11:29 AM.

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#4 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

When I read the title, I thought: "That would look funny, an LS shooting firefly ammo, something I would come up with..." when I read your post, I got dissapointed.

There's nothing funny nor sane about blinding people with a flashlight.

Would you like it when you are running around at night, your heart beating in your throat, and suddenly a flash and you get pelted by a dozen darts?

Edited by pjotrkuh, 29 September 2009 - 11:25 AM.

When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#5 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

Would you like it when you are running around at night, your heart beating in your throat, and suddenly a flash and you get pelted by a dozen darts?

i have been attacked with strobe lights and darts in a night time nerf war before. That is what gave me the idea.

Edited by bonsylrc, 29 September 2009 - 11:27 AM.

#6 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

i have been attacked with strobe lights and darts in a night time nerf war before. That is what gave me the idea.

You should have kicked the guys ass, thats what I would do, Nerf war or not.

Destroy his strobe to.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#7 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

You should have kicked the guys ass, thats what I would do, Nerf war or not.

Destroy his strobe to.

yeah so now do you kind of see where I was coming from with this?

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

Please don't post how you did it because it's completely useless, but the problem I have is with you kids who post links to youtube. That's a great supplement to pictures and text explaining what you did, but you've done neither of those things. You've basically started a thread to show off a stupid mod that I have to go to a different site to see. There's already a show off thread. And the fact that you don't know how to post pictures is no excuse. I figured it out without having to start a thread just like the rest of the forum did. Maybe you should do the same.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users