New Idea For Stefans

My idea to make Stefans even better

5 replies to this topic

#1 black inferno

black inferno

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

OK, I had this ingenious idea yesterday. What if you used something besides fishing weights that were attracted to a magnet? Fishing weights are are made of lead, which does not attract to a magnet, so they won't work. But if you used something magnetizeabel, like, for example, steel or iron, it would make picking up darts easier, prevent lost darts, and (with a magnet on the end of a stick) make it easier to get them from behind the couch.

So I'd like to give this a try. Does anyone know of any small, round(ish) objects I could use that can be "magneted" to accomplish this? Thanks!

#2 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hmmm. Lots of people already use washers. i'm pretty sure washers will already stick to a magnet. problem solved.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure BBs are also magnetic. With those being very VERY common stephan making materials i'm pretty sure you could already use a magnet and not have to worry about making the entire community switch materials!

Edited by guardian21, 28 September 2009 - 07:04 PM.

DATA!

#3 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I've heard of a couple people use magnets to pick up darts. Most people I know don't use lead anyway.

#4 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

...magnetizeabel, like, for example, steel or iron, it would make picking up darts easier, prevent lost darts, and (with a magnet on the end of a stick) make it easier to get them from behind the couch.

So I'd like to give this a try. Does anyone know of any small, round(ish) objects I could use that can be "magneted" to accomplish this? Thanks!

Magnetic, but you could use steel bb's or washers like stated above.

Hmmm. Lots of people already use washers. i'm pretty sure washers will already stick to a magnet. problem solved.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure BBs are also magnetic. With those being very VERY common stephan making materials i'm pretty sure you could already use a magnet and not have to worry about making the entire community switch materials!

Not all bb's I know around me they sell copper bb's which aren't magnetic.

But even if they were magnetic you'd need a pretty wide bar magnet for it to be worthwhile because if you have a normal magnet on a string, you'd only be able to pick up one or 2 darts at a time, and then you might as well just pick them up by hand.
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#5 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

I believe badger uses a "magnet on a stick" to help his back. Mostly just so you don't have to bend down.

Washers are commonly used. I use them, and they attract to magnets.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#6 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

My friend and I drive around in his go-cart and pick them up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users