38 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

BAFF #1

Date: October 17th

Time:1 p.m. is when the first round will start, try to get to the field by 12:45 (We meet to the left of the tennis courts)
There is a subway near by and eating lunch before playing worked for me. We can organize a meet at subway too if anyone wants to, this will be at noonish?

ATTENDANCE: ...... Please confirm if you are in or not
DEFINITE:
Blue
Just Some Bob
Dubcwill
Nerfer9
etrankill3r
Nerfman600 +2
Jman210 +1
NOT COMING:
Aquinas
Falcon
Fandango202
MAYBE: <--------- POST HERE TO CONFIRM ASAP
Rbtying
Fischer Park, Fremont, California 94555

Also, for those who can't make it Saturday, but can Sunday, a member at NHQ will be hosting a war then. http://www.nerfhq.co...=9196.msg102305

Original post below...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, so the general plan is to get something going once a month for everyone that attended FMNO 2 and all other bay area nerfers. This will turn into a war thread once a location is chosen, but there were many ideas about this at the war, so post them and we can all choose the best location.

Also,

Announcing a mailing list for SF Bay Area folks who don't want to check the forums all the time for war info:
Bay Area Foam Flingers Announcement messages right to your regular email inbox. Please state your general location in your first message to the group after joining. City is enough, be more specific if you wish. Right now we're only accepting members who can attend events in the San Francisco bay area. If you don't have a yahoo ID then send an email (it can be empty) to BayAreaFoamFlingers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and you should receive a reply with instructions for signing up via email. If you have a yahoo ID then just click the "join this group!" button.

Edited by Blue, 14 October 2009 - 10:08 PM.

#2 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:41 AM

hello, it's eric the late kid from the war.

#3 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

San Fransisco? Geez, i came to FMNO2 from San Ramon, i'd like to see if we can get a little more convinient place if that's ok with others.

EDIT:I don't really want to sound as annoying as i did(above), but i can go to SF area if that's a must.

Edited by dubcwill, 28 September 2009 - 05:45 PM.

He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

San Fransisco? Geez, i came to FMNO2 from San Ramon, i'd like to see if we can get a little more convinient place if that's ok with others.

EDIT:I don't really want to sound as annoying as i did(above), but i can go to SF area if that's a must.

Just the title is bay area... really it just means NOT Socal. What is convenient for you?

#5 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Just the title is bay area... really it just means NOT Socal. What is convenient for you?

I don't care that much, but around Fremont or the same place would be fine.
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#6 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Will said San Ramon, so maybe the Pleasanton / Castro Valley area would be more of a "home turf" for him.

It's obvious, but the Bay Area's pretty big; and though I'm on the other side (and having to pay the bridge toll), I actually find the East Bay to be more suitable for foam flinging. 'Frisco is just way too densely populated and, for a lack of a better word, political, for this (i.e. if people don't like what you're doing, which there will be more than a few, they WILL call you out very impolitely, rather than just pretending you don't exist). Geographically, SF is also really out of the way for most of you, and particularly for you young'ns on the East Bay, where your parents and/or siblings would have to drive you, crossing the Bay (be it the distance, bridge toll and/or TRAFFIC, which can be quite bad, even on weekends, on I-80/Bay Bridge) will probably be the deal breaker. Frankly, I think the middle of East Bay, i.e. Hayward and Fremont are decent enough locations for everybody. I had a very easy time finding venue yesterday. Those of us from SF or SJ will have to drive a little bit, but maybe we can do a better job on carpooling.

The San Mateo Bridge/CA 92, on the other hand, is quite nice on weekends. Perhaps in addition to East Bay locales, we can also consider the Palo Alto / Mountain View /Sunnyvale areas as possible future venues. I also envision a lot of offices, warehouses and laser tag places in those areas; if I haven't made it clear already, it would be awesome to have an indoor event. Then again, I'm realistic too. If grass is easier on Bob's knees, I'm find with playing on a field :oP
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#7 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Will said San Ramon, so maybe the Pleasanton / Castro Valley area would be more of a "home turf" for him.

It's obvious, but the Bay Area's pretty big; and though I'm on the other side (and having to pay the bridge toll), I actually find the East Bay to be more suitable for foam flinging. 'Frisco is just way too densely populated and, for a lack of a better word, political, for this (i.e. if people don't like what you're doing, which there will be more than a few, they WILL call you out very impolitely, rather than just pretending you don't exist). Geographically, SF is also really out of the way for most of you, and particularly for you young'ns on the East Bay, where your parents and/or siblings would have to drive you, crossing the Bay (be it the distance, bridge toll and/or TRAFFIC, which can be quite bad, even on weekends, on I-80/Bay Bridge) will probably be the deal breaker. Frankly, I think the middle of East Bay, i.e. Hayward and Fremont are decent enough locations for everybody. I had a very easy time finding venue yesterday. Those of us from SF or SJ will have to drive a little bit, but maybe we can do a better job on carpooling.

The San Mateo Bridge/CA 92, on the other hand, is quite nice on weekends. Perhaps in addition to East Bay locales, we can also consider the Palo Alto / Mountain View /Sunnyvale areas as possible future venues. I also envision a lot of offices, warehouses and laser tag places in those areas; if I haven't made it clear already, it would be awesome to have an indoor event. Then again, I'm realistic too. If grass is easier on Bob's knees, I'm find with playing on a field :oP

I really don't want to be selfish and have everyone go to my "home turf" for a nerfing group I didn't even start. I just don't want to be driving an hour.

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Fremont works for me, a major goal is to make the drive less than an hour for everyone. Does everyone agree then? Same park, same time next month?

Possible dates: 17th and 18th, 24th and 25th, or even Halloween and the 1st of November. I actually preferred the Sunday over the Saturday, but post what works for you. I don't think the day after Halloween is a good idea though.

#9 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Will, by essentially asking where you are from (but short of giving away your home address), we're just trying to figure out where everyone actually is around the Bay Area, so that we can figure out what sort of location is most convenient for most people.

In earnestness, there won't be a perfect location. Might as well be in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. But seems like Fremont is looking very promising for near future outings. Again, we can really work on carpools (for those of us in SF and SJ) to minimize travel costs.

I ran a search here for "SJNO," and there should be plenty of folks in the Bay Area. Let's hope we can dig them out from hibernation.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#10 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

Fremont works for me, a major goal is to make the drive less than an hour for everyone. Does everyone agree then? Same park, same time next month?

Possible dates: 17th and 18th, 24th and 25th, or even Halloween and the 1st of November. I actually preferred the Sunday over the Saturday, but post what works for you. I don't think the day after Halloween is a good idea though.

Same place works fine, we just have to get opinions of other people.

#11 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

Unless someone makes a specific suggestion (i.e. a specific name of a park that you have visited) of a different location, which is very much welcomed and appreciated, I believe that the next war will be held in the same place as FMNO. So, now you guys have to choose a date that works for you all. I personally prefer either the 24th or 25th, but all of the dates I posted work for me. We can also go to November for the next war, but I think keeping it in October is best.

#12 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

Unless someone makes a specific suggestion (i.e. a specific name of a park that you have visited) of a different location, which is very much welcomed and appreciated, I believe that the next war will be held in the same place as FMNO. So, now you guys have to choose a date that works for you all. I personally prefer either the 24th or 25th, but all of the dates I posted work for me. We can also go to November for the next war, but I think keeping it in October is best.

If the earlier dates are chosen (17th,18th) i will need to buy some stefans and such. I prefer to keep it at 24th/25th.

Edited by dubcwill, 17 October 2009 - 10:12 AM.

#13 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

I won't be around on the 24th - 25th of this month, unfortunately. But if the time is more suitable for you all on the 24th - 25th than a week earlier, then just go ahead and make it happen.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#14 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

I think we eat first, bring a little snack , and go to Fischer Park.

#15 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Heh, I actually prefer Saturdays myself, but I think Bob has seniority here, haha...

Ditto on the 18th. Would be the best option for me as well.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#16 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I'm liking the 18th, my blasters are almost all fixed up so the Saturday will just give me another day. Plus more people are available, and the wait is just shorter.

#17 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

18th it is. Now, about the lunch thing.... Are we meeting then eating, or should we start earlier and eat lunch after a few rounds? Personally, 1p.m. works great for me, but if any of you have any suggestions, make them known.

#18 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

Do you have to take everything so literally? Just laugh your way through most of my pointless scribble and we'll all be fine!

(In other words, I'm offering to go along with your preferred Sundays rather than Saturdays. Isn't that nice?)

As seniority (the kind you're talking about) goes, I would argue against it, at least for our group. The point is to have every foam flinger, old and new, to have a genuinely enjoyable experience flinging foam, albeit in different ways. The new guys will probably just be drenched in the rush of being a kid (again, for some of us), while the older guys might enjoy the teamwork and chemistry aspect more. There will have to be facilitators to go over the ground rules and supervise a little bit, for sure, but people getting on their high horses about "well I've done this, I've done that, and I had spent X number of years trying not to shoot people in the head" just kills the spirit of this hobby.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#19 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

IF, we start at one, we should definatley eat first.

Edited by dubcwill, 02 October 2009 - 09:14 PM.

#20 Jman210

Jman210

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Damn, i might have to skip out on this one..... I work sundays.

#21 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

Im not so sure if i will be attending this one....BUT if i do...i will be bringing 2 friends.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#22 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Date is officially changed to Saturday.

#23 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

Don't let it change anything for you, but I can't make the 17th. My girlfriend has a family reunion I am committed to attend that day.

Glad to see you all are getting some things going, though! Keep it up! I'll make the next one, for sure.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#24 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

As for BAFF 2: Would November 14th be better just because it's earlier in the month, or does that not make much of a difference?

Also, same venue? Or does anybody has any new & interesting locales?
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#25 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Coming....and we need a lot more people....

EDIT: I have a maybe +1

Edited by dubcwill, 06 October 2009 - 04:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users