Cpvc Clipped Longshot

it works!

27 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

As many of us know, the angel breech is the most air tight way to keep a longshot using the clip. Many people don't like the entire design though, because it uses lots of brass, which has a tenancy to break. Don't get me wrong, angel breech's are great, but I came up with something much simpler that works almost exactly the same, but works for those of us with smaller darts, and doesn't have the same annoying-ness of so much brass, as well as does not depend on glue alone to secure the blot nub to the chamber. Here is the mod, Ver 1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is only REV 1, so I'm being gentle with it, but REV 2 should be perfect.

I dub thee, Ice breech.

Edited by ice, 27 September 2009 - 08:51 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Nicely done, but does that wire do well as a dart tooth in preventing jams?

#3 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

I have tried to get something like this to work many times with no luck. Great job, glad to see it works. Does it jam often? That was the problem I kept having.

#4 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

Nicely done, but does that wire do well as a dart tooth in preventing jams?

Not quite, and thats the only problem I have right now. I have a new Idea for Rev 2 though, but I need another longshot first...

I have tried to get something like this to work many times with no luck. Great job, glad to see it works. Does it jam often? That was the problem I kept having.

Thanks! It gets 5 out of 6 darts out quickly no problem, so not bad averages. I use really high quality foam though, so lower quality probably won't work as well.

Edited by ice, 27 September 2009 - 08:58 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#5 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

This could be helpful for my longshot, as I cut the dart tooth back when I knew nothing about modding, and now it jams. A new breech plus something to fix jams would make my day.

#6 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Nice job. Now to go find my stock longshot. I hope rev2 turns out even better.

How long did it take to make?
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#7 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Huh, double post. Ignore please

Edited by durka durka, 27 September 2009 - 09:05 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

You must have some wider-than normal CPVC, as most CPVC is ~.02" too small to fit 1/2" brass.

#9 jubjub517

jubjub517

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Woah, this reminds me of my very first attempt of an angel breach. My local hardware store had only 17 and 9 brass and I had lost the original barrel and used a big ass screw to attach it to the bolt sled. The gun had been signaled and I have put a Ls spring and a FULL Arrowstorm spring within the gun. All with out it breaking. This mod I will have to try sometime. But incorporate the screw idea.

Great Job. I envy your ideas.
[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#10 soccerbeast003

soccerbeast003

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Is it 6 inch from the back of the black piece or the front?
Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?

Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

Is it 6 inch from the back of the black piece or the front?

The back.

You must have some wider-than normal CPVC, as most CPVC is ~.02" too small to fit 1/2" brass.

I thought about that while I was making it. If it doesn't fit, then sanding could make it fit, and it would still work the same I think.

Edited by ice, 27 September 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Muker

#12 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

not bad. pretty similar to my original cpvc to pvc breech that was on my mournblade LS. i found that priming too quickly would cause jams. sre you having that isses?
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#13 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

not bad. pretty similar to my original cpvc to pvc breech that was on my mournblade LS. i found that priming too quickly would cause jams. sre you having that isses?

Sometimes, but the bar REALLY helps. I never saw the mournblade... must search.
Muker

#14 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

So what is the point of the coupler. Other than its awsome!
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#15 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

I have done baisacally an angel breech using 21/32 brass as cover

"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#16 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

Wow, you've actually impressed me. Hell has officially frozen over.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#17 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

i tried doing a write-up on this but poor grammar and spelling got me one huge slap on the wrist. (mine had no brass whatsoever).

im holding my lisard and she pissed in my hand. :(

hi nice to meet you stranger! B)
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

copy and paste this to your Sig if you are a mac.

#18 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

I have done baisacally an angel breech using 21/32 brass as cover

This is pretty cool. My only problem with it is that you can't use a screw to secure the bolt nub to the chamber, and that was one of the main points why I came up with the mod.

Wow, you've actually impressed me. Hell has officially frozen over.

;)

Edited by ice, 28 September 2009 - 04:14 PM.

Muker

#19 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

Well, at least now this mod has a coherent, graphically aided writeup.

They're damned near identical, though, Ice. Though I guess it's proof of the design.

I daresay if it's named after anyone, it should be the Phibonnachee Breech.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#20 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:46 AM

They're damned near identical, though, Ice. Though I guess it's proof of the design.

The problem I saw with this method was that there was no bar to keep the darts from coming up to far in the clip. Also, the coupler ending has problems, because there is nothing to push the dart into the barrel, and it might end up in the actual chamber. Thirdly, it relies on glue (for priming), where my design uses a screw. There no where near identical.
Muker

#21 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

1)Also, the coupler ending has problems, because there is nothing to push the dart into the barrel, and it might end up in the actual chamber.
2)Thirdly, it relies on glue (for priming), where my design uses a screw. There no where near identical.

1) I have a singled Longshot that only gets about 5' less flat when you load the dart into the coupler, rather than the barrel. So, the "pushing" isn't really needed as long as it's in the CPVC (even in the middle of the coupler) - at least in my tests
2) Look in the second picture of the other thread, there is a screw there that appears to be holding the CPVC tee to the other part, so you weren't the first to do that either.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great modification. And your wire idea is a good solution to the feeding problem. It just seems too similar to Phibonnachee's to call it your own - it's more like an edited version of his (whether or not you saw his thread, it was done before you)

Edited by Coop, 30 September 2009 - 03:40 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#22 Heat Signature

Heat Signature

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

The problem I saw with this method was that there was no bar to keep the darts from coming up to far in the clip. Also, the coupler ending has problems, because there is nothing to push the dart into the barrel, and it might end up in the actual chamber. Thirdly, it relies on glue (for priming), where my design uses a screw. There no where near identical.

PM the topic starter. He'll tell you what he told me which is that he DID use a screw as well as glue to hold the CPVC T onto the bolt.
"I'VE GOT A BONE IN MY LEG!!!!!"-My great grandpa.

My Friend's blog

#23 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

I didn't say it wasn't an improvement, Ice. No need to prove yourself. I was just saying it's too much like Phibonnachee's breech to call it an Ice Breech.

Which is basically what Coop beat me to saying straight out.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#24 Darkstar

Darkstar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Very nice.

#25 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

Darkstar has been banned.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users