Photo

Nerf War In The Baltimore Maryland Area

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Sakul

Dark Sakul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

I searched both here and google and found no actually groups who do Nerf Wars in the Baltimore Maryland area.

My friends and I solution is form our own Nerf War Association, We officially called our selves"Nerf War Association of the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan Area" or NWA for short (yes, we realized the rap music reference after the fact, but the name is stuck).

We are slowly forming up a group, of mostly college age adults who want to participate.

We are also looking into Baltimore County Department of Rec and Parks support for use of public land and possible support. Because of this we set our safety and mod rules a little high to get the support of a local government.

Example: all Nerf blasters manufactured with a orange muzzle must have the stock orange muzzle, regardless of mod performed. This is to keep in line with state laws, Maryland does have the Silhouette law stating that police have the right to shoot anyone who has a weapon and appears threatening, this would include someone holding a banana like a gun.

Our group have a small forum for our members and participants

http://z3.invisionfr...War_Association

#2 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

I searched both here and google and found no actually groups who do Nerf Wars in the Baltimore Maryland area.

Really?

University of Maryland has a Nerf club that meets regularly and has events open to the general public. College Park is only about 30 minutes away from Baltimore.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#3 Dark Sakul

Dark Sakul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

Really?

University of Maryland has a Nerf club that meets regularly and has events open to the general public. College Park is only about 30 minutes away from Baltimore.

I honestly did not see it the first time around. Also my Univ of MD do you mean college park or a different campus, since they have like a dozen though out the state. I talked to people who go to UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore country) and they told me they have no official nerf club at this time.

But any ways of they have a site or anything that would be greatly helpful.

#4 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Here.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#5 adama

adama

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

There is a facebook group for UMBC nerf. I am the admin.

#6 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

UMBC Nerf on Facebook.

Also a UMBC student here. Hopefully something comes of this.

-TWR

#7 Dark Sakul

Dark Sakul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Sounds great. Looks like I over looked you guys accidentally (earlier) but it appears were about on the same page. Which is cool.

The group I am with is working on getting Rec and Parks approval and focusing in the Reisterstown/ Owings Mills area. Were mostly CCBC students (Community college of Baltimore County - Cationsville), we also know a few Townson Univ students and some non-students who might be interested.
We love to get more interested players or work with a larger already existing groups, ect.

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Okay, Dizzy fails. DCNO dude. DCNO. We got one coming up.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users