Lightening Blitz Issues

Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hey i recently modded a lb and after i put it together i found out there was a leak. So I tested it under water and found out the leak is from the release valve. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Edited by runedrig, 24 September 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

There are multiple things you can do.

1. Spray silicone lube in the "firing pin."

2. Spray A LOT of lube into the plunger tube then pump it full the fire.

3. Try to clean it out and remove any visible debris caught in the valve.

Also, just to let you know, this is not the common leak found in SS2s and LBs. The common leak is where it leaks out of the barrels for the first 2 or so pumps.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 23 September 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#3 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

Ok so it is most likely not serious damage that would require replacement? I am sure it is the firing pin I will try what you suggested I hope it works.

Edited by runedrig, 23 September 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

Don't use the silicone lube. I don't know why, but it will fix your gun much the same way as stretching a spring... only worse. It MIGHT work, but if you don't lube it regularly, it will crack whatever piece you fixed... and then you have a totally useless gun.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

I don't think you've ever opened a lightning blitz before, because it has neither a firing pin, plunger tube, nor a single valve (it has 5 that go to the barrels and one that fires the gun).

To the op:
If by firing pin you mean the release valve in the back, then I would suspect that something prevents the springs from returning it back to the original position.

Do the water test again but pull back on the valve stem to see if that stops the leak.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

I don't think you've ever opened a lightning blitz before, because it has neither a firing pin, plunger tube, nor a single valve (it has 5 that go to the barrels and one that fires the gun).

To the op:
If by firing pin you mean the release valve in the back, then I would suspect that something prevents the springs from returning it back to the original position.

Do the water test again but pull back on the valve stem to see if that stops the leak.

I have opened 2 Lightnin' Blitzs so far. First of all, I know that it does not have firing pin. I put it in quotes to signify that "firing pin" is not the proper term (...but that is what he used to describe it so I thought that it would help him better understand my instructions). Secondly, when I said plunger tube, I meant pump tube (sorry, my bad). Lastly, when I talked about the valve, I was referring to the back-pressure release valve.

#7 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Alright so i found out it is the valve just not being far enough out. The piece of plastic in the back on the end of the valve that is cross shaped will slip out of the slot and then the trigger jams in the fired position. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Note this is observed when the case is open.

Edited by runedrig, 24 September 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

I'm not quite sure why everyone hates silicone spray so much, if you get the right stuff, there's nothing to fear.

The stuff has completely fixed 2 leaky splitfire tanks, big salvo tanks, hornet tanks, an SS2 tank, and a few more that I forget.

And that SS2 has lasted me a while, now. I know Bob has mentioned that rubber grows an "addiction" to the silicon and will dry out and shrivel up without repeated application. I've never experienced this personally.

#9 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

Alright so i found out it is the valve just not being far enough out. The piece of plastic in the back on the end of the valve that is cross shaped will slip out of the slot and then the trigger jams in the fired position. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Note this is observed when the case is open.

It shouldn't slip if the gun is assembled correctly.

Are you sure the trigger pivot is correctly placed into its dimple in the shell?
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users