#1 Gunther

Gunther

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

During both World Wars, Battery Kinzie defended Puget Sound from enemy warships. Built to withstand direct hits from battleships, it is constructed in a similar style as German bunkers on D-Day. 3 stories of concrete rooms and hallways form a perfect place for indoor/outdoor Nerf warfare!

This is our 4th Nerf war this year in Fort Worden.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Date: Sunday, October 11th

Time: 11 am until dusk

Location: Battery Kinzie in Fort Worden State Park, Port Townsend, WA

Directions. Battery Kinzie is located in the northeast corner of Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, WA. Upon entering the park, you will want to turn east on Eisenhower Ave and then north on Harbor Defense Way. The three parking lots are located on the left just before you approach the lighthouse. Battery Kinzie is directly north of the parking lots. Google maps location: 48.142478, -122.760850

Cost: The State park is free, but ferries from Seattle are not. Car & Driver: $11.85, Passenger $6.70 - each way. Carpooling is encouraged and seats are available.

Sandwiches, water, and soda will be provided.
Loaner weapons are available.

Rules:
The battery has been stripped of everything but some iron doors and ladders. Still, this ain't a theme park. Parts of the battery are dark/wet/dangerous.

Players under 18 need parental consent. Lawsuits suck.

Eye protection is mandatory. We have extras.

All modded blasters are subject to approval.

Mark your weapons and ammo!

This is a state park. We keep it clean, respect other guests, and behave ourselves.

If you are interested, reply with your contact information or contact me via PM. An accurate headcount helps with the logistics.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

Oh my god that looks amazing. I'd love to go to this. It really depends on if I can get a ride, though.

Looks like it will be mostly close quarters, and judging from your pics, it doesn't look like people would be packing things like plusbows and pump action shotguns. Would you prefer higher power weaponry not be brought? Because I'm totally down with that. Nerfing would be a lot more fun IMO if everyone had guns that could shoot 50 max.

Edited by TantumBull, 22 September 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#3 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

... That would be so awesome!!! I really hope I can make it.

I like Tantums idea, but shotguns... Lightly modded shotguns would work!
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

Damn, it's like something out of the Dart Tag commercials!
Shame I live across the country. I would really love to play here.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

Spectacular first post! Welcome to the haven!

Mark me down as a maybe.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#6 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

I will probably be there if I can get a ride. I live in the Rose Hill area of Kirkland.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

I've always dreamed of hosting a modified NERF war in one of the Puget Sounds many forts. I used to play laser tag at some of those forts as a kid. They would make for interesting game play. Range wouldn't be as important of a factor and I would probably set down my beloved SM1500 for a DTB or my newly acquired Berserker. I may be moving back to the Puget Sound in the beginning of 2011 and I would love for this to be a continuing tradition then. NERF ON!

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, so I can't go unless I get a ride there. And soulman, you should come to some of the Seattle/Bellevue wars that are hosted in WA if you do move.

#9 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

Holy singled SM5000 batman! That place is sick!
Too bad I'm like....a plane ride away. Hope you guys have fun.
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

YESH.

Mark me as a maybe. Looks fantastic.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#11 Gunther

Gunther

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

With the smaller corridors and short ranges, pistol weapons like the recon and maverick have been the most popular. Fully automatic weapons like magstrikes do well too. The larger guns like longshots and vulcans are difficult to fire around corners without getting hit in return. Most guns are stock, with a few AR removals. Going to see how the new grenades work in this war.

We play all sorts of games too. CTF, King of the Hill, etc. Most popular is humans vs zombies. The echoing of the zombies in the darker rooms is a great effect.

And if you think it is getting too late in the year for nerf, this location is bad-weather optimized. Being mostly indoors with concrete floors rather than mud, our games aren't really affected by the weather. And bad weather keeps the civilians away.

Don't let a lack of transportation keep you away. We are all carpooling from around greater seattle-tacoma.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

Don't let a lack of transportation keep you away. We are all carpooling from around greater seattle-tacoma.

Are you guys from the area? Or are you college students, etc? I would really love to attend. I will see what i can do. Would you guys have any issue with a slightly younger nerfer? Say... an eight year old?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#13 Gunther

Gunther

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

Are you guys from the area? Or are you college students, etc? I would really love to attend. I will see what i can do. Would you guys have any issue with a slightly younger nerfer? Say... an eight year old?

We're local adults ranging from Everett to Tacoma. Friends that took up nerfing. Then I found this site, etc.

When it comes to younger kids, we've usually paired them up with their parent/relative and kept them together. The battery has several hazards to unattended kids, like 15+ ft drops to cement without railings. The kids that play also need to perfectly understand the basic rules of nerfing; honor-based hits, playing fair, etc.

As a note, there are no child playgrounds in Fort Worden.

#14 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

I'm in, provided transportation works out.

Anybody driving by the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma? I'll pay $5-10 for gas.

I checked ferries and I don't think there are any from Seattle to Fort Worden. It looks like most of them go past the park and into Canada.

Regardless, I'd still prefer carpooling. Cheaper and less time constraining.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

I'm out unless someone wants to give me a ride. I live in NE Seattle.

#16 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

Damn, that looks like it'll be a blast. I'm out, though. I don't drive, so I'm limited to where the buses go in the greater Seattle area, EastSide preferably.

Make sure to get pics and post a link to the album or something.

Parting thought: This place looks perfect for a Raider.
Fugly is a feature.

#17 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

I'll most likely be going. Looks like a blast. So is there an official cap on guns yet? If so, what is it?
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#18 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Not sure I can make this, but it sounds awesome. Glad to see there are some other Nerf enthusiasts in the greater Seattle metropolitan area. B)

#19 Gunther

Gunther

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

I'll most likely be going. Looks like a blast. So is there an official cap on guns yet? If so, what is it?

If you mean outright banned guns or some sort of nerf gun limit, no.

Thankfully, we haven't had that come up yet.

#20 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Whoohoo! I'm in. my brother (Psilence) will be driving me, heirarchy, and a couple my brothers college buddies blackfox up to fort worden.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 02 October 2009 - 11:21 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#21 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

I'm in along with at least one other.

Can we get a public headcount please? Nothing personal but I'm not blowing $20 gas money if we're the only ones there.

Also, do we have an alternate location? You know, if the foam hits the fan.

If anybody needs a ride between The University of Puget Sound and there, let me know. I'd be happy to make a stop at the Bremerton Ferry port for those coming from Seattle.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 03 October 2009 - 06:13 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#22 Gunther

Gunther

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'm in along with at least one other.

Can we get a public headcount please? Nothing personal but I'm not blowing $20 gas money if we're the only ones there.

Also, do we have an alternate location? You know, if the foam hits the fan.

If anybody needs a ride between The University of Puget Sound and there, let me know. I'd be happy to make a stop at the Bremerton Ferry port for those coming from Seattle.

That makes 15 confirmed. Another 13 maybes.

For alternate locations, there are two other batteries located in the state park. I will look into another backup location if we have to leave the park for some reason.

#23 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

This is shaping up quite nicely. Can't wait to see how it's done in the Pacific Northwest.

I've got five now, myself included.

The offer still stands for a ride.

I'll hold off on updates until the night before, unless someone needs a ride.
V

#24 007nerfer

007nerfer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

this looks awesome i will definetly be there. but i was wondering if its fine if i leave a litle early?

#25 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

this looks awesome i will definetly be there. but i was wondering if its fine if i leave a litle early?

No, it is definitely not alright to leave early. Get out of my house.

You can come and go as you please. Unless they have the craziest rule in the world.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users