Need more bodies!

6 replies to this topic

#1 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hi everyone, I know you've missed me.

Click here to join in the fun. also, if you are in the area, i suggest you joining the hosting group, Death By Foam to stay in the loop with local wars.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#2 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

How about, you just come to our wars. I mean, no offense to your wars, but I just don't think it's our style. Our next war is on Halloween.

#3 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Don't knock it until you try it. I will try to come to the Halloween one as well, I've been away for so long, I must flex the nerfing muscle...

C'mon guys.

#4 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Do you guys just use stock darts? I've started using more mega-stefans, I donno if they would count as one or two hits with your rules. I actually really like the "dueling" twist, I think that could be pretty Effeminate with a bunch of other people still nerfing in the background.

More wars in MN is definitely not a bad thing, but I would probably need to know about it more then a day in advance if I was going to try and come. Plus you guys are on the other side of the cities from me, so it would be quite a bit of driving.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

If you want to host a war, just do so. Post the topic with all the details and people will come. Otherwise this just seems like spam.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

That's just the thing, I'm not hosting it, just advertising it.

I digress, and compromise by posting the group's rules:

NERF Rules Of Engagement. Version 1.00

Administrative note

All combatenants are required to have a Nerfhaven account or to join the Death By Foam group. (www.nerfhaven.com) Combatenants do not need to maintain the account, but it is suggested to maintain contact sporadically.

Section Two: Basic Combat

(Note: rules regarding life points may be subject to change, depending on combat situation, perks, and number of players.)

Life points: You start every game with Three (3, Tres, Drei, E'saj) Combat Life points.* Once these are gone, you are dead, and are to return to the berthing/start area. Any supporting your team, foul play, or hints will get your team disqualified. Corpses do very little, and we are granting them the priveledge to walk. (Note: The gamemaster may decide to enforce this with a spiked bat to the groin.)

Weapon Damage: Every weapon that is of Sonic micro, Streamline, Tag Dart, and Sucker Dart caliber will take away one life point per round fired per hit. (Note: hits above the plane of the collarbones will count as two hits, and two life points taken away. large caliber weapons, such as the Titan AS-V, Big-Blast, Big Bad Bow, And any other non-standard caliber weapons have a damage of 2 life points, regardless of range or area of impact.

Melee Combat: When a player has run out of ammunition and/or is within striking range of the opponent, he may engage him in Close-Quarters Combat. the rules of this are as follows:
1. Successful contact consists of ANY part of the weapon coming in contact with anywhere on the opponents body, minus the hands. A defender may grab his or her opponents weapon. a legitimate hit would be contact above the wrist, technically the forearm.
2. Swords, halberds and other, non-projectile, single-purpose weapons are an instant kill, Regardless of the area of impact. All single purpose weapons must have some for of impact dampening device, preferably foam. No Lead pipes or felines.

Duel/Challenge: When a player is equipped with a sword or other melee weapon, he can call challenge to any player on their team with a single-purpose melee weapon. should the challenged accept, the combatenants then strip themselves of all other weaponry, but not necessarily ammunition. (Note: during this duel, the rest of the players can resume their own battles.) The duelists start with three lives, (Not to be merged with points left over from combat.) Every sword hit deducts one life point, regardless of area of impact. once a victor is declared, the winner shall resume combat among his teammates with the same amount of life points the player had prior to engaging in the duel.

And the link in the first post is the details of the operation. call for directions. 612 559 4894

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 15 October 2009 - 11:50 PM.

#7 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Talio, could you please delete this thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users