what spring?

28 replies to this topic

#26 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

We can clearly see that your O-ring has plenty of room to move freely on your plunger head. Even if this is not the primaty cause of the blaster's poor performance, it's likely going to cause problems for you down the line. if you add a smaller o-ring, or two, to the plunger head behind (towards the catch mechanism) the larget o-ring it will serve to hold the larger o-ring in place and likely improve your performance.

#27 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

We can clearly see that your O-ring has plenty of room to move freely on your plunger head. Even if this is not the primaty cause of the blaster's poor performance, it's likely going to cause problems for you down the line. if you add a smaller o-ring, or two, to the plunger head behind (towards the catch mechanism) the larget o-ring it will serve to hold the larger o-ring in place and likely improve your performance.

Yeah, the fact we can see that it's crooked is a big indicator that it's not doing its job. VACC's advice is good, get more (smaller) o-rings on there to hold the biggest one in place, or get two that actually fit well. Your seals are not "fine", there's big room for improvement.

Also, is your plunger rod bent? It looks like it might be in the picture. If it is, when the spring pushes it back to fire the dart, it could be causing a lot of friction and eventually snap. Replace it with something straighter if it is bent, or it will be a real pain in the ass later, when your plunger tube warps or the head snaps off.

Edit for typo.

Edited by Hipponater, 22 September 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#28 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

You should have payed more attention on the mechanical details (like, reading articles on this site about plunger heads, rods and o-rings), before asking for help on this forum.

Some people gave very good advise, but then you keep japping about that the gun is fine, wich is clearly not, or else you wouldn't be asking for help would you?

So you should do this:

-Add good fitting o-rings to the plungerhead.
-Straighten out your plunger tube (scrapping this one and build one from whatever material is best, search the site!!)
-Lube the thing with a good lube. (again search the site)
-Add the [k26] spring

If THEN your gun won't work properly, take pictures of the whole contraption, inside out completly taken apart, and ask again.

I tell you this because I read more topics like: "Help me my gun sucks, but it's working properly and I ain't doing anything wrong"
lately and I think it's really annoying.

Also I am a lazy bastard, because I won't search the 'Haven for the articles you should have read, you should go through that trouble not me,

Good luck and greetings,

Edited by pjotrkuh, 22 September 2009 - 02:20 PM.

When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#29 wohnson89

wohnson89

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

That is very good advice, thank you VACC.

Yeah, the fact we can see that it's crooked is a big indicator that it's not doing its job. VACC's advice is good, get more (smaller) o-rings on there to hold the biggest one in place, or get two that actually fit well. Your seals are not "fine", there's big room for improvement.

Also, is your plunger rod bent? It looks like it might be in the picture. If it is, when the spring pushes it back to fire the dart, it could be causing a lot of friction and eventually snap. Replace it with something straighter if it is bent, or it will be a real pain in the ass later, when your plunger tube warps or the head snaps off.

Edit for typo.

Yes, the plunger head is a little bent. i screwed up on that part a little.

You should have payed more attention on the mechanical details (like, reading articles on this site about plunger heads, rods and o-rings), before asking for help on this forum.

Some people gave very good advise, but then you keep japping about that the gun is fine, wich is clearly not, or else you wouldn't be asking for help would you?

So you should do this:

-Add good fitting o-rings to the plungerhead.
-Straighten out your plunger tube (scrapping this one and build one from whatever material is best, search the site!!)
-Lube the thing with a good lube. (again search the site)
-Add the [k26] spring

If THEN your gun won't work properly, take pictures of the whole contraption, inside out completly taken apart, and ask again.

I tell you this because I read more topics like: "Help me my gun sucks, but it's working properly and I ain't doing anything wrong"
lately and I think it's really annoying.

Also I am a lazy bastard, because I won't search the 'Haven for the articles you should have read, you should go through that trouble not me,

Good luck and greetings,

Thank you for your well thought out and kind advice. :blush:
I know i could have searched the site more, but where is there a write-up on a bolt action gun like this?
Well except for this one and on my computer the pictures dont show up.
Oh and to everyone else, i am sorry i now realise my gun was not fine and it is a piece of crap right now.

My list of things to do now includes
-make new plunger
-get more o-rings
-get new lube
-make everything airtight.

Edited by wohnson89, 28 September 2009 - 05:14 PM.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

1992 Subaru SVX- My Baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users