Photo

Kansas Nerf Off

35 replies to this topic

#1 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

Date: To be decided by majority of attending nerfers. If October doesn't work out we can always try November.

10/17

Directions:

From Manhattan or anywhere else west. Take I-70 East to Topeka. Or if from Manhattan you can take Highway 24 to Highway 75 then on to Westbound I-70. Then for both directions- Take exit 355 onto I-470. Continue until you reach exit 3, take that, turn left and you will be on 29th street. You will come up to the intersection of 29th and Fairlawn. Turn left on Fairlawn and follow the crude map I made. Turn right on Shunga, and choose the far parking which is marked in red. Follow Green then Yellow.

From Wichita/Emporia or anywhere else south: Take I-335 from Emporia and I-30 from Wichita until Emporia.
Take exit 177 onto 1-470 W/NW/N, then take exit 3 but instead of turning left, you are already on Fairlawn so take a right and follow the map. Follow Blue then Yellow.

From Kansas City or anywhere else east: Take 1-70 westbound and once you reach Topeka take exit 355 and then onto I-470. Continue until you reach exit 3, take that, turn left and you will be on 29th street. You will come up to the intersection of 29th and Fairlawn. Turn left on Fairlawn and follow the map. Turn right on Shunga, and choose the far parking which is marked in red. Follow Green then Yellow.

Posted Image

What to bring: A good attitude, a primary, stefans, water, and of course, your A game.

What not to bring: Singled or plugged titans, Homemade airguns, RFDGs, Plugged 4B's/LBBs and other such guns, (Equilox's shotgun is exempt from this regulation as it is not dangerous and doesn't give him an unfair advantage.)

Attending:

Homestarune
Keith
Collective
Ace of Nerf

Maybe:

Edited by Homestarune, 30 September 2009 - 09:19 AM.

We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#2 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'll try to make it up. Doesn't matter which day to me. Hey Collective, carpool?

Edited by Keith, 18 September 2009 - 08:12 PM.

#3 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Woot! I'd definitely be down for this! I just texted my nerf buddy to see if he can come too, so I'll let you know what he says. Every date but the 3rd would work for me.

And I'm in for carpooling Kieth!
"A lot" is two words.

#4 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

10/10 works for me.
Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#5 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

And we could start at 10:10am! Be cooler if we wait 'till next year, though. :blink:

#6 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

Anytime besides 10\10 works. I could try to make it on 10\10, but no promises. Otherwise ill be there.

#7 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

Hey guys I talked to my friend and we'd be good for any time in October except the 3rd. So, is this still happening?
"A lot" is two words.

#8 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, this is still going to go down. I'd like to coordinate with the guy who's having a war in Wichita to make sure that there's no conflicts.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#9 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

The 10th would be best for me. I'll have trouble making it any other date.

Edited by Equilox, 25 September 2009 - 06:58 PM.

"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#10 TamesisUri

TamesisUri

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

Date: To be decided by majority of attending nerfers. If October doesn't work out we can always try November.

10/3
10/10
10/17
10/24

Directions:

From Manhattan or anywhere else west. Take I-70 East to Topeka. Or if from Manhattan you can take Highway 24 to Highway 75 then on to Westbound I-70. Then for both directions- Take exit 355 onto I-470. Continue until you reach exit 3, take that, turn left and you will be on 29th street. You will come up to the intersection of 29th and Fairlawn. Turn left on Fairlawn and follow the crude map I made. Turn right on Shunga, and choose the far parking which is marked in red. Follow Green then Yellow.

From Wichita/Emporia or anywhere else south: Take I-335 from Emporia and I-30 from Wichita until Emporia.
Take exit 177 onto 1-470 W/NW/N, then take exit 3 but instead of turning left, you are already on Fairlawn so take a right and follow the map. Follow Blue then Yellow.

From Kansas City or anywhere else east: Take 1-70 westbound and once you reach Topeka take exit 355 and then onto I-470. Continue until you reach exit 3, take that, turn left and you will be on 29th street. You will come up to the intersection of 29th and Fairlawn. Turn left on Fairlawn and follow the map. Turn right on Shunga, and choose the far parking which is marked in red. Follow Green then Yellow.

Posted Image

What to bring: A good attitude, a primary, stefans, water, and of course, your A game.

What not to bring: Singled or plugged titans, Homemade airguns, RFDGs, Plugged 4B's/LBBs and other such guns, (Equilox's shotgun is exempt from this regulation as it is not dangerous and doesn't give him an unfair advantage.)

Attending:

Homestarune
Keith
Collective
Ace of Nerf

Maybe:

I might come just tell me the age group.

#11 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

I actually have an update. I know I said earlier that any date besides the 3rd would work for me and one other person, but the 10th and the 24th will work for me and two other people. That's one more!
"A lot" is two words.

#12 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

SNIP

I might come just tell me the age group.

Probably 13 through 30, maybe 10 through 30 if Ace's friend shows up.
You don't really need to quote a whole post with a big picture for a question like that.
Protip: click "addreply" at the very bottom instead of the "reply" after a post if you don't want to quote.

Edited by Keith, 27 September 2009 - 12:15 PM.

#13 TamesisUri

TamesisUri

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Fixed. Also a 30 year old? WTH?

#14 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

Yup, that's me, I'm 30 and I like shooting foam darts at people, you got a problem with that? :lol:

#15 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Yup, that's me, I'm 30 and I like shooting foam darts at people, you got a problem with that? :D

Don't worry, he's not going to diddle you (probably). I'm really only able to host this war on the 17'th, as all other weekends are either taken up by prior commitments, or Halloween. If that's not convenient enough/I can't get a turnout, I could try to push this war into November.

#16 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Well, if it has to be the 17th then it has to be the 17th. It works for me and probably one of my friends, so that's two.
"A lot" is two words.

#17 Griff360

Griff360

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

I'm gonna see what I can do to come. I'm at college right now at KU though, and I'll have to try to find a time to go home and get a gun and stefans. Hopefully I'll be there.

#18 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

ok that means I most likely won't be able to come then, I'll see though.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#19 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

I don't know any reason I can't go on the 17th.

Griff, maybe see if your mom or whoever can mail you your gear? It'd be cheaper than driving.

Edit: Oh, derp. That guy was thinking of having his war here in town on the 17th. If they're both on the same day I might just stay in town to save money on fuel.

Edited by Keith, 30 September 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#20 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'm not gonna be there if it's on the 17th. I'll be busy.
Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#21 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'd like to note that barring any unforeseen events this war is still on, the guy who was trying to host a war in Wichita on the same date as me hasn't been online in over a week.

#22 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, since thebob13666 isn't replying to his own topic I'll try to make it up to Topeka.

#23 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

So, who is actually going to be there? I can only count, like, 3 or 4... Maybe we should wait until November????
"A lot" is two words.

#24 Griff360

Griff360

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'll be there if it's gonna happen on Saturday.

#25 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

Okay, so it's going to be:

Homestarune
Keith
Griff360
Collectve (me) +1
Tornado13
That TamesisUri guy (hasn't confirmed yet)

That doesn't seem too bad I guess.

EDIT: Fixed, Tornado!

Edited by Collective, 13 October 2009 - 03:41 PM.

"A lot" is two words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users