Bbb Value Questions

8 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about geting a BBB from my local Kmart. I'm just a bit confused: it shoots arrows stock, modded, can I make it shoot streamlines?

Also, in your opinion, which is the better value for the $$$ - the Recon foir $20 or the BBB for $25??

I've been trying to find a gun that I can really get a lot out of. In other words, a gun with enough modding potential to make a good primary.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#2 HiTech126

HiTech126

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

The BBB is a decent gun to get. You can make it shoot streamlines or stefans well enough to be primary worthy.
For a writeup look here.

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

Well it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want rate of fire, you should get the recon but it has bad ranges. But you can modify the BBB with a clip and get a good rate of fire and good ranges, but you're going to do so, you'll spending a good deal of money to do so. The recon wont get ranges much better than 50 feet from what I've seen, we're still working on it.

I know here in Arizona, the longshots are the same price as the recons and BBB's, so about $20-25. I'd get one of those if I were you, that's your best bang for your buck.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

I started out with just mavericks and Nitefinders before our group knew about anything else besides the Titan/Hornet/Scout Unity System, and when I got a BBB and did the easy mod to shoot taggers it made a significant impact on the games we played. I think it depends on what type of guns you're up against, but I'm definitely in favor of the BBB over the recon. You may wait and consider other options besides those two, but in my experience the BBB was a great blaster to start out with.

Also, go to Wal-Mart and get the BBB for $5 cheaper if that's what you decide on.

#5 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

Definitely get the bbb. I'm a huge fan of bbb's and for $20 they make pretty good primaries. Just coupler it and slap on a RSCB and you'll get range and rof.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#6 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

Please clarify RSCB...

#7 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

Sorry for the double post...

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the BBB shoots streamlines. I gues I am wondering how the darts are loaded. Also, I have had some bad experiences in the past with 9/16 brass and it's expensive so I am looking for the best barrel I can make w/o brass I guess.

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,

Whisper...

#8 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

The BBB won't shoot streamlines right out of the box if that's what you were thinking, but it can be made to shoot streamlines without even opening the gun. I haven't tried this as I prefer to put a little more love into my blasters, but I'm guessing that you could just cut off the tip of the orange barrel, glue a short piece of your preferred barrel material into it, front load the dart, cock, and shoot.

But to answer your original question, yes the BBB is a great blaster and can hit respectable ranges even with the stock spring. I've worked on two of these (neither of them were my own), and both turned out great. It is also much easier to modify than a recon (and in my area it's five dollars cheaper).
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

Not to be rude at all, but I think you need to do a lot more reading of this site, as many of these questions are readily available. You will find that the BBB is probably the best bet in the Nerf brand for a young modder to work with. The mechanism is simple, and performance is easily great enough to be primary worthy.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users