Maverick Mod Help

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sohsume

Sohsume

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi guys,

I recently started to mod nerf guns. I started out with a couple of nite finders. I thought that was easy enough so I moved on to mavericks. After removing the AR's I put holes in the rings and put it back together however whenever I primed the gun it would only fire out of a couple of the holes. I moved another barrel from another maverick and it fired from the barrel, so I have already deduced that it has to be a barrel problem. I already tried the search option here on nerfhaven. My guess is that it might be a seal problem, however I may be wrong. Please help

Thanks

Posted Image

#2 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Glue the ar plates to the barrels and the back black part with the rotating mech with hot glue or goop.
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#3 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

You should try putting one of the air restrictor springs in the front of the turret and then put on the metal rod. That will increase the seal. Also, toss a few pennies behind the spring that'll give it a bit more power.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#4 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

If gluing what's left of the ARs in place doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend rebarreling the whole cylinder. That should not only fix your seal problem, but it will get rid of the dead space and it should improve ranges.

Does it rotate properly when you pull the trigger? That could cause some seal issues. What else have you done to the blaster?

Edited by flamincows, 17 September 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#5 Sohsume

Sohsume

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean when you say rebarrel the cylinder. Also the barrel has been rotating a little bit funny, how would this effect the firing?

#6 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

He means doing a barrel replacement.

#7 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean when you say rebarrel the cylinder. Also the barrel has been rotating a little bit funny, how would this effect the firing?

If the rotation is messed up, then the turret won't lign up properly with the plunger tube. This will create bad airflow and the ranges will suck.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users