Rf20 Mod

MOD

25 replies to this topic

#1 big-haul-of-nerf

big-haul-of-nerf

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:12 PM

This is quite possibly the most basic mod. To reduce the size of your WF, and keep it on Rapid Fire mode, just remove the black outer casing, and put a small piece of a mini glue stick between the red bar and the grey pole above it. You may want to cover the top, near the barrel assembly, with foam sheet, so as to protect the moving parts. And your fingers (for who knows what reason).

Mine is reduced like this, and... *gasp, suprise* Broken! Not because of the mod, but because of the frailty of the piston. It literally broke apart, and started spitting up parts =(.

#2 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:21 PM

i did the same, but also a pump relocation, and gettin rid of the bar near the back so you can actually move the gun around with your wrist, i also sprayed the silver parts black, it still hasnt broken yet. Some of this is not my original mod though! <_<

Edited by Nazgul_Lord, 16 March 2004 - 10:21 PM.

Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:11 PM

I think you just copied Zero Talent from his website's mod word for word...

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#4 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:09 AM

Yes kinda, except I did some more stuff to my rf20 that wasnt in his mod. :unsure:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#5 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 01:05 PM

Big-Haul-Of-Nerf, don't you mean RF20, not WF?

#6 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:17 PM

I've done this mod. And so have some other people. Its not anything new, but its still good.

#7 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

A couple things:

1: That is blatant plagerism. That is exactly Zero's mod, minus a few words, and you don't even give him credit. Want to know why i know? "spitting up parts" stuck in my mind from zeros mod. Also, you start with "this is quite possibly the most simple mod (you left out "i've ever done").

2: You start off saying this is for the RF20, then say its for the WF, but the WF doesn't have a mode select, or grey parts for that matter. Edit: Amazing. Zero also made the mistake, if you read below.

3: Nazgul, if you didn't notice, Ice Nine's comment was for big-haul-of-crap, not you.

I'd recommed you to a different site, but i don't think they'd want you either.

Cwxq, ban him(please).

Edit: This is Zero's exact write-up

"this is quite possibly the most basic mod I've ever written. To reduce the size of your WF, and keep it on Rapid Fire mode, just removethe black outer casing (oooooh!), and put a small piece of a mini glue stick between the red bar and the grey pole above it. Ooooh. Ahhhh. But it works. You may want to cover the top, near the barrel assembly, with foam sheet, so as to protect the moving parts. And your fingers (for who knows what reason).

Mine is reduced like this, and... *gasp, suprise* Broken! Not because of the mod, but because of the frailty of the piston. It literally broke apart, and started spitting up parts =(."

Edited by texmustache, 17 March 2004 - 03:22 PM.

#8 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

OH, im sorry, i thought he was talking to me, hehe :unsure: So yea, sorry bout that.
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:51 PM

To: "big-haul-of-nerf" <cartman556@hotmail.com>

Subject: Account Suspension Notification

big-haul-of-nerf,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because you are a plagiarizing asshole.

Your account will not be functional until Aug 2 2031, 01:49 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:58 PM

cxqw, did you also tell him to go to nhq because I believe that's where you told Sharpshooter to go?

EDIT: I didn't see the 2031, thats just hilarious.

Edited by UpGraD3, 17 March 2004 - 05:10 PM.

"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:06 PM

NerfHQ is tolerant of irritating n00bs. Somehow I doubt they are tolerant of blatant plagiarism. This guy just needs to take 9999 days to think about what he did before rejoining the nerf community.

#12 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:56 PM

I thought you deleted this guy.
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:28 PM

If you're talking about big-haul, you had only to read 3 posts above yours to see that I have, in fact, suspended him for about 27 years.

#14 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:01 PM

Holy cow!!! Till August 2031?!?! :angry:

Humm well that makes me wanna be good.

#15 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Most of us are gonna be pretty old when Big Haul can get get back on. :angry:
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#16 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:55 PM

I wonder what he'll do now. Go to NHQ? :angry:

#17 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:00 AM

1/2 n' 1/2, 101110011010111110110101 101100111011010110100011101010111, base 2. As does Big Haul.

Rnbw Cln

#18 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:47 PM

Poor big-haul. Guess that's the price of being a dumbass.

#19 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 02:38 PM

Ouch. That's pretty harsh there Cx. But I guess he deserved it for plagurizing. By the way Ice Nine, why do you have binary code (at least that's what I think it is) in your signature? What does it mean?

Edited by Blaster, 20 March 2004 - 02:39 PM.

"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#20 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, the binary code says... :is knocked out by a team of squirrel-ninjas...:

<edit> I prefer to keep the meaning secret, but yes, it's binary. ASCII code. </edit>

Edited by Ice Nine, 20 March 2004 - 02:46 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#21 Animal

Animal

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:16 PM

cxwq this doesnt have anything to do to the topic but i was wondering you said big-haul whatever was suspended how do you know he/she wont regester as a new person

I just want to know

i don't want to sound stupid

i'm just curious

#22 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:21 PM

I'm pretty sure he suspended his ip (not totally though).
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#23 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

I don't generally ban IPs if I can help it. I'd be more likely to get your Internet access terminated than ban your IP because someone else might use that IP some day.

The reason I suspended him instead of deleting him is because it's easier to keep track of him that way. Invision won't let him re-register with the same email addy he used, so he would need to sign up for a new one at hotmail or wherever. There is a log of the IP address he used to post each message so he'd need to use a different IP if he wanted to avoid detection. I also have the name and/or reverse DNS (depending on OS orientation) of the computer he used in my logfile so I could search for a reappearance of that.

By creating a new account after suspension he'd probably be in violation of the AUP for his ISP so I could email some logfiles to Everest and take care of it that way.

#24 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:47 PM

Nothing like a fresh visit to the newly formed DickheadHaven to start or end the day. I can actually walk without stepping on trolls and n00bs now!
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#25 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:01 PM

I don't generally ban IPs if I can help it. I'd be more likely to get your Internet access terminated than ban your IP because someone else might use that IP some day.

The reason I suspended him instead of deleting him is because it's easier to keep track of him that way. Invision won't let him re-register with the same email addy he used, so he would need to sign up for a new one at hotmail or wherever. There is a log of the IP address he used to post each message so he'd need to use a different IP if he wanted to avoid detection. I also have the name and/or reverse DNS (depending on OS orientation) of the computer he used in my logfile so I could search for a reappearance of that.

By creating a new account after suspension he'd probably be in violation of the AUP for his ISP so I could email some logfiles to Everest and take care of it that way.

So in laymans terms, he's gone for good? (till 2032 that is)
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users